Here's one of the banners I mentioned::D

Makobanner2.jpg

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I'll have to order some of the DX 1mm rare earth magnets then :)

The problem is that these 5V batteries vary by up to 1mm in length so it's difficult to say for sure. If you let me know the exact length of the 18650's you use in your SB, I'll try and match some up as close as possible.

We also sell the spacers in our mod shop FYI.....;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
My Ultrafire silver LC18650s are 18mm x 68.5mm end to end

Okay, I've just measured one of the batteries around 65.5, so will have to source out the longest possible for you (maybe 67mm need to check stock tomorrow).

That being said, if you have any extra play on the SB spring, you might be alright without the need for spacers.... ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
im intersted to see how this battery works in other devices, please post ur results when you can :)

Hi CTJ :)

I don't think PlanetScribbles had any luck with the 5V batteries with the SB..... not sure why but possibly due to the extra internal diameter of the SB.

That being said, they should work (even if you have to wrap some extra insulation tape around them to make up the diameter).

Might be worth seeing if anyone else has had any luck first though... ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Fisherman,

The main points to clean are thread sections and switch contact point.

I wouldn't soak in soapy water but you could use brasso to get rid of the oxidising on the threads.

Have you seen this video:

YouTube - smokejuice's Channel

I find this technique really helps performance...;)

Also if you find your switch getting sticky, just squirt a touch of WD40 through the side hole on the switch thread. Then work it around a bit and you should find the action will be restored nice and smooth.

Anyway, let me know if that helps -

Cheers,

Tim

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Ogden, Utah, United States
Hey guys, I will chime in on cleaning. What i do to keep my makos going well is i get a little jar of jewelery cleaner from say you local wally world. Its the kind that has a tray to set things in and a small brush inside. I take my caps off. Pull the o rings off and toss em in and agitate a little. I use the brush to clean the threads up clear out the gunk. I then rinse them off with water and dry em off and re assemble. I do this once a week and have no issues ever. I should probably make a video..

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I think that part of my problem is that I've just bought some new Ultrafire (green) 15270's and they are only rated at 3v:facepalm: Maybe that explains the slightly poorer performance.

That would definitely explain it Fisherman - 3V on a normal atomiser will be pretty weak.... ;)

Nice tips Jason thanks for your input...:D

By the way anyone after a Mako might want to pay a visit to www.electronicstix.com as we are currently out of stock until September. :thumb:

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Ogden, Utah, United States
I never asked but which mako are you using? I sell the 15266 protected 1000mA cr2's for use with the midi. Not sure what a 15270 would fit. But if you are using only one of those in a mako minno.. no bueno not enough voltage. I do sell a 3.7 volt cr2 that works awesome in the minno though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread