Maserati? HeliX? Precious L?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
I have a precious L on preorder. Waiting LONG AND HARD for this thing to start shipping. It's already supposed to be done, but I can be patient. It's going to be without a doubt, the coolest new mod out. Period. I mean, just go look at it www.theprecious.ro !!!

I've also seen the "HeliX" and I wasn't impressed. At all. So much Hype about the thing and when I see it it's just another mod. Looks like a Silver Bullet with a black button. I guess it's supposed to be a mechanical button which is reliable, but it will need constant maintanance, and I already have a mod I have to clean all of the time. ( I do love my V3 though...) I just know it's gonna come out and probably be a $200 mod that everyone will be drooling over just to find it's nothing special. (not trying to downplay it, I was just disappointed.)

Well, these are two of the most "long awaited" mods that are coming out. You know what's been in the making for even LONGER than THESE?? The Maserati!!!

So where's this masterpiece??

:p:vapor:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Same old Same old,,,,,,,,,,,,,he who copies others comes in last, I'm waiting to see a totally new designed mod that NO ONE ELSE has made anything of the sort, you know something that loads itself, charges the battery, then blows the vapor down your throat.! Can you all feel that....

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Same old Same old,,,,,,,,,,,,,he who copies others comes in last, I'm waiting to see a totally new designed mod that NO ONE ELSE has made anything of the sort, you know something that loads itself, charges the battery, then blows the vapor down your throat.! Can you all feel that....
lol I feel that
but the precious is the only one of the sort that I've seen- except the juice dispenser which I'm willing to bet won't have HALF the problems of that greek one...

I'm just excited. Lots of ppl like to rain on parades these days though. Atleast attempt at it.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
What "impresses" you?

I'll do what I can... HAVE YOU SEEN THE MASERATI??!! LEAD US TO THE MASERATI!!!

an ecig that I have to hook up to my PC and program certainly doesnt...expecially one where the maker suggests substandard batteries...and has to get shipped to freaking romania to get fixed if anything goes wrong with it

I'll stick with the all mechanical, all stainless, lifetime warrantied made in the US precise line

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
an ecig that I have to hook up to my PC and program certainly doesnt...expecially one where the maker suggests substandard batteries...and has to get shipped to freaking romania to get fixed if anything goes wrong with it

I'll stick with the all mechanical, all stainless, lifetime warrantied made in the US precise line
lifetime warranty?
maybe that business' lifetime, which they could go out of business in a month for all you know. What then?
I will agree with going mechanical though. That's why my backup is a V3.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet

I'm working on it.

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
The Provari is here... dropping Betas today- final shipping in early December- open for preorders...
No JD like Ceasar promissed us but no need to hook it up to a computer either- And runs off of 18650 IMRs instead of oddball 18350's that can only be purchased in Romania ... also made by a guy here in the USA who has a real bussiness, a real website and communicates actively with his customers...

ProVari Variable Voltage, variable voltage electronic cigarette

Buzzkill seems to be getting close to shipping a slimmed down version once he figures out what to use for a control knob (no more screwdriver) - also a real company made in the USA with quality goods...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/notcigs/133854-infinity-coming-soon-notcigs.html

Also, ... keep your eye on http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...119707-intro-3dfs-alpha-digitalciggz-com.html - which is supposedly microprocessor controlled and they claim will blow smoke into just about any orafice.... will be interesting to see if they can get a quality case for it...

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
glad to see that someone besides nuck (the fistpack) is using a booster chip to achieve HV. 2 days HV with an 18650 battery should be bliss! For the first time ever, I'm gonna +1 Provape lols. The infinity looks great, slim, like a smart GG and for the price its gonna be a great option for those OK with stacking batteries and getting about a days vape (i still don't mind this at all). If only they made the provape look like the infinity =p

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
glad to see that someone besides nuck (the fistpack) is using a booster chip to achieve HV. 2 days HV with an 18650 battery should be bliss! For the first time ever, I'm gonna +1 Provape lols. The infinity looks great, slim, like a smart GG and for the price its gonna be a great option for those OK with stacking batteries and getting about a days vape (i still don't mind this at all). If only they made the provape look like the infinity =p

I don't mind stacking either- will probably end up with both- they are very different animals...
I believe the Provape uses a switching regulator too so its alot more efficient - I also like the LED display but I hope there's a way to turn it off... I suspect it will look better in person- certainly no worse than the V3...

I think the infinity is going to be more of a stealth device.... great for taking out on the town when smaller is better... but big enough to deliver a real vape...
we'll see...

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
The 3DFS Alpha seems like a good idea but looks quite large and clunky (so far). Another homemade BoxMod look. I'm sure it works well but..........I would personally go with the ProVari or Infinity. Both appear to be well made, look great and their respective companies have made products that are tried and tested.

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
The 3DFS Alpha seems like a good idea but looks quite large and clunky (so far). Another homemade BoxMod look. I'm sure it works well but..........I would personally go with the ProVari or Infinity. Both appear to be well made, look great and their respective companies have made products that are tried and tested.
That's because it was only a prototype- not even a beta unit. They are not releasing images, dimensions or even material info on the Eclipse (was 3DFS) yet. If you can find it, I asked a few days ago..... keepin mind it has a juice feed built in, so its going to need to keep the juice somewhere...

Also, worth mentioning, the Darwin is an interesting idea- i don't care for the case they used, but strictly electronically speaking they have an interesting approach - you set the power and it adjusts the voltage for you to match the atty you put on.... it lacks a juice feeder whcih may be an issue for some...

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Varivolt is overrated , Its all about 4.55 volts for a week nonstop vaping. no fuss

Actually, it's all about wattage. Any voltage level (pick a number) is going to act differently with a 2.5 ohm atty than it will with a 3.0 ohm cartomizer. I have a stash of different attys and cartos. Got lots of different juices too. Variable voltage is great for folks like me.
As far as making a charge on any lithium battery last 2 freakin' days, forget it. I can kill a 2400 mAh 18650 in 8 or 9 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread