Mechanical Mod Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
I have a megalodon that is purely mechanical and it's been great. But I can see some problems. The treads are little to small so it would be easy to cross thread and the spring is also too small. No way to put in a kick, but you can change up the battery configurations. It's been good so far, something like a year and a half? I got one of the first ones made. I can't say it's the best just it's the only 100% mechanical mod I own. With a single 19650 and an LR atty used for dripping it's one of the best vaping machines I own. Perfect flavor all day long.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Reo Grand hands down when it's dirty toss it in the sink and wash it. There is a post on here where a guy talks about dropping his in a river pulling it out blowing out the atty and went right back to vaping.......
438142f0-735a-8175.jpg

Can't be beat the bar pushes down on the batt. Pure mechanical and a 3.00 atty last me a month and a half

Sent from my truck using 3 toasters a broken microwave and 6 rubber bands McGyver style......Chuck Norris aint got crap on me

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
REO all the way if you want a 3.7 volt bottom feeder. DH and I have had ours since last May. In that time we've had one collapsed spring from a bad atty, and he did snap the metal switch on his. Both repairs took less than 5 minutes, and were under $5.

Other than that they've suffered through a lot of abuse including a 6 foot fall onto marble floors, the beach, and my very dusty/messy job. I've gotten scars, but my REO hasn't.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
A mod maker in Scotland has brought a new mechanical mod to the market called the Chameleon. Mine is on the way, I was on the pre-order list early, and those who have gotten them already have all be very happy with them.

DSC00703.jpg

The mod works by using your thumb to slide ribbed ring up against the top cap. The pic is pre-production btw, the length of throw is a good bit shorter now. The color sleeves are changable with other colors and even brass and damascus being made. Also different length tubes will be available for different battery sizes and it is Kickable.

Currently he is getting the pre-production waiting list cleared up...it is my understanding all who pre-paid have had their mods shipped now tho those of us in the US are having a longer wait that's to the mail system. Mine should be here first part of the week. His website should be up and running next week as well. Might be worth a bit of a wait before deciding on your next mechanical mod.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Here is a production model next to a Mini Provari. The Chameleon is an 18650 mod, the Mini PV uses a 18350. For a 18650 mod the Chameleon is pretty small, about 4 inches without a tank/carto/atty.

chamminipv.jpg

Another mod to consider is the Siam Cube and Hex, these can often be found in the classified at a decent discount over new prices. I have a Cube on the way now. They are bottom button mods available in various battery sizes.

sia.jpg

Last edited:

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I just got a Puresmoker Legacy mini off the classifieds. I sold my older Puresmoker Prodigy V3 once I got my Provari and as much as I love the Provari I did miss my trusty Prodigy.

Not sure why more people don't recommend the Puresmoker mods but I will tell you this from my experience, I used mine everyday, all day for over 2 years without any issue. I mad many trips to the desert with it where it was rolled off the back of trucks, dropped I don't know how many times and it always........ALWAYS worked perfect.

Puresmoker Legacy PROS:

mechanical
Kick-able
locking bottom switch
adjustable positive post
nearly indestructible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread