Merged old sticky threads (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Not to worry (too much). The Stick is not completely sealed (very few, if any, PVs are). If you overfill it, or use juice with a low viscosity, or perform any number of random kind of things, it's possible to get this leaking, I suspect, even with a V2. It IS possible, and even pretty easy (see the video posted in the forums) to get it apart and clean it. I have not yet been able to get Janty to make a clear statement about warranty coverage for doing this, but the end result seems to be that if you take it apart and clean it and put it back together with reasonable care, nobody will be able to tell you did, so no warranty issues. At any rate, the leakage is more annoying than anything, I've never heard yet that leakage resulted in a failure. Good luck.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
No, I don't sorry. Although I watch new developments eagerly, along with everyone else, I haven't yet seen the need to delve into anything deeply enough to have those details since I got the stick.

That being said, I think the closest I've seen to what could be an isolated system is the GLV from Great Lakes Vapor. I was considering one of those but I think it would be too bulky.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I'd like to know what the issue is with these. I mean basically it's an 801 atty connector in a tube with connections going up to a 510 batt connector. Seems like a pretty simple thing to build and they already did. The mystery is how it was giving bad vapor output. Only possible explanation is that there was some voltage loss between the two connectors. How hard would that be to address? The ground would be the outter case and it's just one connection for the middle.

I'd build one from old parts if I had the means to solidly attache the two connectors. Either way I wish they's get on it and fix it. Hating the 801 part of the JS!!!

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
After I tried a cart mod - that failed - I got some leaking at the LED. It's made me paranoid that the juice might have coated some of the electronics down there. Once that stuff dries I'm concerned it may cause an issue. Didn't I see a pic of an opened Janty case somewhere here on the boards? I don't want to open it up in case I'd have to return it under warranty. Manufacturers get pretty sticky when thier equipment is opened up

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I have already got a JS 510 adapter. I bought it from my local supplier in Thailand. They just recieve the new batch from the factory yesterday. The first batch that they have had the same problem, but the new batch is OK.

Vaporboy - does your Thailand supplier have a website to order from? Are these actuall the ones that Janty has (or should I say doesn't have!)?

BTW - how well does it work? Does it give full 510 performance in the JS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread