Merged old sticky threads (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
I'm waiting for my JS, and I'm hearing more and more bad things about it.

I just watched a review on it and the vapor production looked pitiful. I realize it uses an 801 atty, and maybe I've been spoiled by my 510's, but does the vapor atleast equal that produced by a 510?

The first thing I planned to do was get the 510 adapter, but they're out of stock at the moment and besides that, now I'm reading there were problems with the adapters.

I was fairly confident when I ordered it, but now I'm having doubts.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
take a deep breath.. lol

the JS will produce as much or more vapor than a 510.

the switches they use dont always last very long.

Batty life is good. Uses 10440 batty.

device is fairly inexpensive.

There are tons of people here that love then.

I've never used an adapter but using the 801 produces an easy draw and sure you will be satisfied.

I can say that they will replace the unit if you have trouble with it at any time.

batteries are cheap so get several.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I can't compare it to a 510 for you as I've never had one, but I can tell you I'm loving my Janty Stick. The vapor wasn't all that spectacular when I got it, but I thought it adequate. Then I did the PTB mod because of terrible wicking on the carts & now I'm getting more vapor than I can handle. I would definitely do the PTB mod right away. The method I found worked was the one posted for the 901. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/41601-901-ptb.html basically, you'll use a whole tea bag for each cart.

Last edited:

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I like my Janty Stick so much I got a second one. I wear them like 6-shooters on my pants, Mint in one and Pralines and Cream in the other. The Vapor production is really good, and that's important to me. The batteries are cheap, buy 10 or 20 and you'll be in business for a long time. Also get 8 or 10 801 atomizers.

I use the pyramid tea bags and they're great, but have just started using the polyester batting (for quilts) you can get at Walmart, about $2 for enough for 50 years of vaping. That stuff works great in the carts, and is easy to rinse out, blot dry with a paper towel, and use again and again. Great vapor.

Just wait and see, you're gonna like the Janty Stick! and you'll love the little holster that holds the stick and two batts or atomizers on the side! :)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

I just watched a review on it and the vapor production looked pitiful. I realize it uses an 801 atty, and maybe I've been spoiled by my 510's, but does the vapor atleast equal that produced by a 510?

The first thing I planned to do was get the 510 adapter, but they're out of stock at the moment and besides that, now I'm reading there were problems with the adapters.

Are you talking about MG TFGWTF "review" of the Janty Stick... well I just have to say unless that "review" is changed a bit...I wouldn't value it as a "review" no matter if it's pro or con for the JS....and if hardware reviews are going to continue to pop out of MG like that one I would say stick to Juice reviews at least your taste can't be debunked.

lowwkeyy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
TX USA
dfwvapor.com
u are going to fall in love with vaping ( or all in love again. ) i bounce between the js and sometimes the 510.

if you have ever cursed at your battery you will love it
if you have ever looked down at an empty cart you will love it

as a warning i had to play around for about a week on how hard to suck it to produce good flavor and good vapor but i am a dumb****

i still injoy driving with a 510 auto batt flat cart hanging from my lip on occasion

don't forget to respond to your OWN posts when you see how much it rocks

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
I have some Joye 510s and a Janty Stick with its regular (= 801 I think, not sure if Janty's version of the 801 is custom.)

The Janty Stick wins for me!

Like others here I use the PTB mod. Be sure to use a whole teabag for the 801 when using this, and be sure to push it all the way in. The 801 cartridge narrows toward the bottom (end toward the mouth) and if you push the PTB only to the part where it narrows, after a few uses it gets pushed in by the atty and doesn't make good contact. Push the sucker all the way in, twisting the bottom end if necessary to get it down.

An especially important thing I've noticed with two of my favorite flavors (Dekang Winston and Dekang Pineapple) - they always taste good in a 510 but can sometimes taste like crap in the Janty Stick. After a while I worked out how to get the right flavor from them with the Janty Stick - draw harder and then they taste "right". I suspect that the Janty Stick's atty can run hotter than a 510 and that when I draw slowly on it that these flavors heat past a critical temperature (for the flavors, not the PG or nic) and get ruined. So if you get a YUK taste from the JS on a juice you like, and you've cleaned the atty and know the filler isn't the problem, I suggest drawing a bit harder. That can change a yuk on the JS to a wow for the same liquid.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
The Janty Stick is most certainly the King of Vapour production ! in my opinion as it just bellows out of it...

I started out with the 901; 510, Kissbox, went onto the Stick, loved it, curiosity, then compelled me to buy some of the bigger boys... and I wont criticize any of them, but the Stick is the best of all for vapour..

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
The JS was my first PV. I can't say anything bad about it. It worked well. I wasn't a fan of the 801 atty, so my 510 became my device of choice, but the JS was a great little device. Vapor was good, flavor was just a little better than my 510, but it was a much cooler vape.

When the next version of the Stick comes out, I plan to buy it, but with the 510 adapter.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark

You have to consider a few things:

1) the ratio of people wanting to go online and post good / bad experiences is 20/80. Meaning that you will _ always _ hear more bad than good. Which is kinda logical i guess =)

2) the vapor production of the jantystick is insane. If its not for you, then your stick is faulty.

3) Make sure that once vapor production drops down in your jantystick while using it, that you top off your cartridge, or re-drip ( whatever your taste is ) and if that doesnt help the vapor, - check your batteries. Just DONT vape with the button pressed in for longer and longer, because vapor dies out - this is what usually leads to people burning off their JS or Atomizer.

Hope this helps - and im sure you will love it ! =)

/Mik

jedrojam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Central USA
I ordered a Janty Stick after reading much information on the forum. Been using it for a bit over a week now. It is what I expected an ecig to be, per the following:

1. Battery life. The 10440 batteries last me at least 5 hours without charging and the USB charger/passthrough feature is great. No more battery swapping. Plus, these are standard li-ion batteries that you can buy from multiple places cheaply.

2. Cartridge. Capacity is great @ 1ml of liquid. At first, I couldn't get the cartridge to wick well on the atty. Tried the straw mod, but it leaked on me (although it works great in my 510). Ended up doing the foam mod (see link) and now I can vape the cart almost dry without having to top off. And clouds of vapor!!!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/27723-eheim-filterpad-mod-17.html#post623581

3. Juice in the mouth. Have not had this issue once.

This is the first time since I started vaping that I've had a device that I could just pick up and use throughout the day without taking it apart to change/add something. I carry a spare charged battery and a filled cart in the holster it comes with and I'm set for the day. I'm loving the Janty Stick.

Disclaimer: I am in no way bashing any other PV device, but just stating my observations from my own experience. Also, the first stick I received was defective, but was quickly handled with warranty replacement.

Vape on,

Jeff

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
You have to consider a few things:

1) the ratio of people wanting to go online and post good / bad experiences is 20/80. Meaning that you will _ always _ hear more bad than good. Which is kinda logical i guess =)

2) the vapor production of the jantystick is insane. If its not for you, then your stick is faulty.

3) Make sure that once vapor production drops down in your jantystick while using it, that you top off your cartridge, or re-drip ( whatever your taste is ) and if that doesnt help the vapor, - check your batteries. Just DONT vape with the button pressed in for longer and longer, because vapor dies out - this is what usually leads to people burning off their JS or Atomizer.

Hope this helps - and im sure you will love it ! =)

/Mik

Thanks for the info, Mik.

I tend to get worked up in the days leading up to receiving a new PV.

Jantys' warranty and service was one of the selling points of the JS for me. 6 months of security can't be beat.

The Kissbox would have been my first device but it was a little too pricey at the time so I went with the 510. I've always wanted to try a Janty product since.

I'm sure I'll love my JS when it gets here. The wait is killing me though = )

Splat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa
I started on the 901 and 801, then bought a SD from trog....love it but it's just a bit bulky when on the move. Bought a JS last week and just can't put it down!!!

The Janty products are rebranded and sold by Twisp in South Africa...their traditional e-cigs are somewhat overpriced here but the stick is worth every cent (and costs nearly 30% less than the classic). The form factor is perfect and I only disconnect from USB when I'm moving around (connected in the office, in the car, wherever I am stuck in one spot for a while :))

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH

/Mik

Mik
As you know I've been struggling with my JS since day 1 and I've always thought it was the 801 system. I've had all the 801 wicking issues, but I gotta tell ya, the vapor production is nowhere near my 510's. Your comment above does lead me to believe that I could have an issue with the hardware. I've used different Atty's (high bridge from RMV), different juices (that all are killer in the 510) and fresh batts. I also use the usb at my desk and in the car. Still no killer vapor like everyone claims. I also have tried every possible way of drawing on it (hard, fast, soft, slow). No diff fro dripping or carts.
I feel like I've been doing everything I can o make the JS work. I bought it through DietSmokes. Is it possible to return it to you guys and have it looked over? It's still way under warranty. I think that maybe the connection to the atty is weak. the atty never feels like it's really cookin.

Please let me know what you think! I want to love this thing but just can't!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread