Minors vaping e-cigs on YouTube January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
The truth be told, kids have been smoking for years. Although e-cigs are for adults, I would rather see a teen smoking an e-cig than a real one. Why? because e-cigs do not have the 4,000 or so chemicals that real cigs have. I do understand the concern, but in a way for a teen to choose an ecig over the real thing is not a horrible choice! That being said, I understand the debate and concern.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Do NOT flag these videos. Do not cause harm to these kids.

These video do not cause the government to go after e-cigs. There is no proof in these videos that kids are illegally purchasing e-cigs. No proof that any vendors are selling to kids. we all know kids will find ways to obtain things they want, especially if you tell them they cannot have it.

All this is causing is fear mongering and sending a signal to kids that the e-cig community is against them. Your hurting these kids. They may be smokers who need to switch because they too are already addicted to nicotine. Your telling that teen that they cannot use a safer e-cig and they must continue smoking.

The op says,
This thread is not for the debate of if minors should be allowed to vape or not, nor is it for the debate of if these videos should be left on youtube.

But you cannot separate these two issues so easily.. unless you just don't care about the children. By flagging these videos these kids will resent you and that may cause then to put down the e-cig and pick up a real cigarette. They may never use another e-cig but smoke all their lives until they die a horrible death. Do you want that? I'm sure you don't, but do you think that your actions could cause that? It's a possibility you must consider.

Further more YouTube has no rules against underage vaping, only smoking of tobacco cigarettes and illegal drugs. These kids are not even breaking YouTube's rules.

I am against underage vaping for those who are not addicted to nicotine. If a 12 year old kid was already addicted to nicotine from smoking, i'd give him a e-cig right quick and tell him to go make a youtube video to encourage his other 12 year old smoker friends to switch. I say leave the videos alone.

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
Do NOT flag these videos. Do not cause harm to these kids.

This thread is not for the debate of if minors should be allowed to vape or not, nor is it for the debate of if these videos should be left on youtube. Posts such as these derail the thread and bury the new video links. Forum members should be able to find the newest video's easily and make a decision if they want to participate or not.

Please keep all debate on the subject in the below thread, and don't forget to vote!:
Should videos of minors vaping stay on youtube or be flagged and taken down?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-youtube-flagged-taken-down.html#post4578327Thank you John for totally disregarding my wishes on the posting rules of this thread. I specifically made the other thread and poll for discussion like this there. Almost specifically just for you because you've derailed my threads in the past and badgered me in PM's. We all know that you disagree, but 70% of the people that care about the subject agree with me that the vids should be taken down.

Unless you have a link to a video needing flagging or are posting a bump i ask that debate on the subject not be in this thread.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
This thread is not for the debate of if minors should be allowed to vape or not, nor is it for the debate of if these videos should be left on youtube. Posts such as these derail the thread and bury the new video links. Forum members should be able to find the newest video's easily and make a decision if they want to participate or not.

Please keep all debate on the subject in the below thread, and don't forget to vote!:
Should videos of minors vaping stay on youtube or be flagged and taken down?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-youtube-flagged-taken-down.html#post4578327Thank you John for totally disregarding my wishes on the posting rules of this thread. I specifically made the other thread and poll for discussion like this there. Almost specifically just for you because you've derailed my threads in the past and badgered me in PM's. We all know that you disagree, but 70% of the people that care about the subject agree with me that the vids should be taken down.

Unless you have a link to a video needing flagging or are posting a bump i ask that debate on the subject not be in this thread.

Your kidding me. Other people have had discussion on the subject in this thread and you single me out? I think your mandate to thwart honest discussion stinks and is your way of trying to force your opinion on others without fair opposition or opinions that could show others the error of your theories on this subject. You only want your opinion to be seen here. If you want such a monopoly perhaps the thread should be broken up.

In the other threads I posted honest discussion that was in keeping with the forum rules. Same in PM. I thought we were discussing the issue like adults. Heck, I give the Mods permission to post my PM's to you publicly to prove that I was never hateful or belligerent to you. I only differed in opinion. Now you say you are trying to make threads away from my eyes and opinions so you can have a monopoly on yours. I don't think that's in keeping with ECF rules. If a mod disagrees with me, they will tell me.

I'm not trying to derail your thread, but if your telling people to do something that can hurt these kids in any way, people must be aware of the consequences of their actions. Always seeing a one sided opinion may cause them not to think about what you are asking them to do as objectively as they should.

The one thing you never seem to take into account is what is going on in these kids lives. You don't know their personal stories. All you see is a kid vaping on YouTube and you see red. Try this.

Contact each one of them and get to know them before you flag them. Find out why they are vaping and making a video about it. Find out what smoking and vaping means to them. Find out what is going on in their life to make them want to smoke and then by extension vape. If you do that and find out the kid is just vaping because they think it's cute and they are not addicted to nicotine, then by all means flag them. But if they came from broken homes where their dads beat them and they started smoking because they needed an escape, then they wised up and started vaping because they are addicted but want to do the right thing, and you flag them and they get hurt by it, then god help the flagger.

I probably would not have posted in this thread again had you not replied saying I derailed your threads and I was badgering you - both untrue. If most people don't agree with my opinion on this matter, then how could I derail your thread? I couldn't have. I think you just don't want anyone to see my opinion because you think it might sway them.

Last edited:

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Posted comment, flagged, disliked. This kid's parents need to get a clue as to what their child is doing in his spare time. To the comment by the "person" encouraging him to gain fame by proving the ECF's evil users wrong and sharing his story of minors using e-cigs as an acceptable thing should be ashamed of the obvious attempt to gather soap box material at the cost of this child's personal well being.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Posted comment, flagged, disliked. This kid's parents need to get a clue as to what their child is doing in his spare time. To the comment by the "person" encouraging him to gain fame by proving the ECF's evil users wrong and sharing his story of minors using e-cigs as an acceptable thing should be ashamed of the obvious attempt to gather soap box material at the cost of this child's personal well being.

I firmly believe that minors that are hooked on cigarettes have every right to vape because it's best for the child's well being. They have the same problems getting unhooked from cigarettes that adults do. Yes. I'm TheElectricRider. I have contacted many teens who vape and am collecting their stories because I feel it's important to get to know them, why they vape before you judge them.

I met a 17 year old who started vaping when he was 11. He could not quit any other way. He has been using e-cigs for 6 months and has switched completely. He made the switch because his lungs hurt him badly after 6 years of heavy smoking. Now this teen has videos to try and help other teens.

Who are you or anyone to say that this teen is wrong? Google/YouTube doesn't care.. they only take the videos down because you guys complain. I think it stinks and these kids are getting hurt by the people, fellow vapers who should be in their corner.

Soap box material? Your way off base. I do it to show that these kids have real issues and they are getting help from vaping when nothing else could help them. I believe their stories deserve to be told. I am proud of them and encourage them to vape like a chimney, make as many videos as they can, and help as many teens as they can to get off cigarettes. All in the interest of their well being and educating others about these teens.

Perhaps you should consider my thread Encourage your Teens to vape before they start smoking - Be Proactive

I've said it before.. if you think these kids are so wrong, why don't you take the time to get to know them before you judge them? None of you have done that. You all should be ashamed of yourselves IMO.

Some of these kids may be vaping just because they think it's cute and so I agree, flag those, but if a kid needs vaping to save his life, you should let those videos stay.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I firmly believe that minors that are hooked on cigarettes have every right to vape because it's best for the child's well being. They have the same problems getting unhooked from cigarettes that adults do. Yes. I'm TheElectricRider. I have contacted many teens who vape and am collecting their stories because I feel it's important to get to know them, why they vape before you judge them.

I met a 17 year old who started vaping when he was 11. He could not quit any other way. He has been using e-cigs for 6 months and has switched completely. He made the switch because his lungs hurt him badly after 6 years of heavy smoking. Now this teen has videos to try and help other teens.

Who are you or anyone to say that this teen is wrong? Google/YouTube doesn't care.. they only take the videos down because you guys complain. I think it stinks and these kids are getting hurt by the people, fellow vapers who should be in their corner.

Soap box material? Your way off base. I do it to show that these kids have real issues and they are getting help from vaping when nothing else could help them. I believe their stories deserve to be told. I am proud of them and encourage them to vape like a chimney, make as many videos as they can, and help as many teens as they can to get off cigarettes. All in the interest of their well being and educating others about these teens.

Perhaps you should consider my thread Encourage your Teens to vape before they start smoking - Be Proactive

I've said it before.. if you think these kids are so wrong, why don't you take the time to get to know them before you judge them? None of you have done that. You all should be ashamed of yourselves IMO.

Some of these kids may be vaping just because they think it's cute and so I agree, flag those, but if a kid needs vaping to save his life, you should let those videos stay.

There is a thread for this discussion and it isn't here, I made the mistake of commenting and I apologize to the OP for doing it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/260648-your-opinion-e-cig-use-minors-youtube.html

I'll be happy to have the debate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread