This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Mod Repairmen?

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Aheadatime, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Aheadatime

Aheadatime Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    USA
    Are there any known repairmen for mods? I have an old hanna clone that hasn't worked properly in ages. The 510 doesn't acknowledge when tanks/attys have been screwed in, it always just gives me the 'check atty' warning. Figured it might be some faulty wiring behind the scenes, so thought I'd check around for people who do this kind of work. Any recommendations?

2. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    does it have an adjustable 510?

3. Aheadatime

Aheadatime Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    USA
    Nope. But I've tried plenty of tanks with adjustable pins. The pin is making contact for sure, but the device isn't acknowledging.

4. abn75

abn75 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Your best bet is to ask in your local shops. They may know someone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Foggy Road likes this.
  5. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    Is the mod worth fixing?

My guess is that repair services short of factory.. will be few and far between.... truth is cost to repair likely higher than cost to replace. Warranty work (customer sevice) is the only way to justify repair cost of most electronic devices.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

6. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Salton Sea, CA
    I used to repair mods for a few local shops.

Try your local shops and ask. They may know a knowledgeable customer that can help you.
    Cant hurt.

aikanae1 likes this.
  7. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Looks like the 30W and 50W Hana clones are going for between $40 and $55. Maybe someone can repair it, but get ready for a service charge equal to a new mod.

I have a Smok Koopor Plus 200W that did the same thing with the 510. The center contact pin came loose and I pulled it apart to see what happened. The center contact slipped off a shaft/spring combo that allowed it to adjust to the atomizer pin.

I was able to press the pin back in place on the shaft, but the same problem remained. That leaves the circuit board. It's now been officially declared a boat anchor, but it's only heavy enough for an R/C model.

I bought an iStick Pico 40w to replace it. I don't vape high watts anyway. I bought the Koopor for dual battery life.

Cheallaigh likes this.
  8. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    so use it on boat with a fishing rig attached and if you can manage to waterproof it enough to keep the light on, fish attractor... then again i live in muskie country, they'd take the whole thing! lmao

DaveP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.