Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
[My wife, Sheryl, passed away a couple weeks ago after a long battle with multiple sclerosis. I wrote about her and what I was going through in ECF's Veterans forum. The support I received from my many friends there (including Hoog) was incredible. But that is not what this post is about (at least directly). It simply provides necessary background for the following.]

I want to share with people in this forum an email I recently sent to "hoogie76" (aka Mark) of madvapes:

I just received a letter from the National MS Society, informing me of madvapes' gift to them in memory of my late wife, Sheryl. I hope you can imagine how deeply touched I am by it!

That you would do anything in this regard is so appreciated. That you chose to do it in this way is beyond “appropriate.” Sheryl (and I) would like nothing better than to help others stricken with this illness … and, perhaps someday, to prevent it. Gosh, I’m getting kind of teary eyed now (in a very warm, comforting way).

I’m donating Sheryl’s clothing, wheelchairs, audiobooks, and stuff to B’nai B’rith. [Sheryl was Jewish … and B’nai B’rith comes to the home and picks it all up, unlike most charitable organizations.] Between the two of us, we have honored this wonderful woman.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Mark!

Don

Thus the title of this post.

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Thank you all for your condolences ... and for joining in my acknowledgment of MadVapes!

As for you, Mudflap: I think it must be glaringly obvious how much my heart is with you! And I hope you recognize that MS is not necessarily a fatal disease. I think of it as the Anything Can Happen* disease: the symptoms and severity vary so much among individuals. I wish you and your mom the very best!

* To lighten the spirit a bit, here is one of Mickey Mouse Club's Anything Can Happen Days:​

Definitely watch through the 2 minute mark to see Annette, before she developed into:

0nb1gnk7g0gdbngg.jpg

As a Texan, I guess the odds are not so good that you will be at VaperCon in Richmond next week. I'd sure love to give you a big hug. [Under the right circumstances, guys can do that, you know.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread