Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Welcome to ECF! I'm not sure what your b&m has to offer but I don't see many QUALITY carto tanks in the stores near me. Lots of plastic smoktek stuff. I can tell you this...IBTanked is very hard to beat as far as quality. price for that quality and their shipping is lightning fast. Maybe 3 days? Unless you have local access to something like that, maybe go with a cheaper tank from the locals to tide you over. I mainly use cartos (boge LR) and tanks (IBTanked). I've used AGR in the past and had good luck with them but they're not in the same league.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. I love carto tanks. For me, that is the best of all worlds. I do have other tanks, like the I clear 16 and 30 and a protank 2. But for flavor and longevity carto tanks are the way to go. Phiniac tanks are a good glass product. Google them to look at website.

Good luck and happy vaping.

:)

pepperman18

Jun 30, 2013
kansas
I switched from clearomizers to cartos a couple of months ago. first things first you do get what you pay for! I started out with a cheap one and hated it went back to a clearo but a friend told me to go invest in a good one. the issue I had was the O-rings slipping .. not holding on to the carto so it would slide off and dump juice.. or slip and not unscrew from the battery. also look for one that has a glass tank so you do not have to worrie about what kind of juice you use.. expect to spend about 40 to 60 bucks for a great carto tank with glass tank.. they are worth every penny.. here is just a example of a good tank Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store this is not a ad for altsmoke

hopefulpoet

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Champaign, IL
I would get either the Phiniac or the IBtanked. My Phiniac is over a year old and has never leaked and still has the original rubber seals plus they send you an extra set of seals with each tank:

Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

The fact that you can throw those jokers against a garage door, have it land on a concrete floor, and still be in pristine condition speaks volumes of their quality. Wow. I'm impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Definitely read through Baditude's blog first, it'll help you get started.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4830-8-cartotank-help-noob.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-5-baditudes-cartomizer-tank-setup-guide.html
I started with the Smok DCT's, you're better off getting some pre punched with 2 holes, it stops a lot of problems with wicking, if you're using more than 50% VG, then you may need the 3 hole. The locking carto tanks aren't worth messing with in my opinion, I've never been able to get one to work right. Now I have the IBTanked tanks and love them and all their tanks are under $30 for Pyrex tanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The fact that you can throw those jokers against a garage door, have it land on a concrete floor, and still be in pristine condition speaks volumes of their quality. Wow. I'm impressed.
Glass is still glass and CAN be broken. I managed to put a hairline crack in my Phiniac; now it leaks and can not be used. (And I didn't throw mine against the garage door or drop it on a concrete floor.)

Bella_Phin_1.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg Bella_Phin3.jpg

In all fairness to Phiniac, I was not using their endcaps on their pyrex tube. I was using the caps from Hoosier Vapes for their Bella/Elegance tanks which are a perfect fit with the clear Phiniac tubes.

Last edited:

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Glass is still glass and CAN be broken. I managed to put a hairline crack in my Phiniac; now it leaks and can not be used. (And I didn't throw mine against the garage door or drop it on a concrete floor.)

View attachment 264138 View attachment 264139 View attachment 264140

In all fairness to Phiniac, I was not using their endcaps on their pyrex tube. I was using the caps from Hoosier Vapes for their Bella/Elegance tanks which are a perfect fit with the clear Phiniac tubes.

Hey bad, I didn't realize your blogs were so popular! :eek:

What makes Phiniac better than IBTanked?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hey bad, I didn't realize your blogs were so popular! :eek:

What makes Phiniac better than IBTanked?

Well, I would argue that they aren't "better". I'll likely ruffle some feathers with that statement...

The Phiniac's glass is a slightly thicker than IBTanked's, but according to OCD (IBTanked) that doesn't mean it's more shatter proof. This depends upon how the glass is anealed (heat process) in a firing kiln to make it more durable. Both manufacturers aneal their own glass tubes. My one Phiniac cracked, none of my 12 IBTanked's have cracked.

IBTanked offers more tank size variations than Phiniac. IBTanked offers three tank lengths: halfling (shorty), standard, & XL. Phiniac only offers standard and XL. IBTanked has four diameters: 15, 19, 22, & 25 mm. Phiniac only has two diameter sizes: 22 mm & the skinny phinny (? diameter).

Phiniac's default end caps are made of black delrin (plastic); titanium metal caps (silver or anodized colors) are extra ($19). IBTanked offers stainless steel for all tank sizes, and anodized aluminum (in several colors) for the all sizes except the 25 mm diameter.

IBTanked offers custom hand-painted designs for their pyrex tubes which are fire annealed for durability. Phiniac offers textured glass tubes, custom sand-blasted designs in color, frosted glass, custom hand-blown 3D designs, and colored glass.

IBTanked's cheapest tank is $16 (tiny tank) and $22.50 and up (other tanks). Phiniac's cheapest tank is $32 (Skinny Phinny) and $38 and up (other tanks). Customized tanks for both vendors have additional costs.

For the money, IBTanked offers the same quality for less cost than Phiniac, IMHO. Both tanks are high quality tanks, and represent the top pyrex tanks on the market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread