Moving on to a carto tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Well, I would argue that they aren't "better". I'll likely ruffle some feathers with that statement...

The Phiniac's glass is a slightly thicker than IBTanked's, but according to OCD (IBTanked) that doesn't mean it's more shatter proof. This depends upon how the glass is anealed (heat process) in a firing kiln to make it more durable. Both manufacturers aneal their own glass tubes. My one Phiniac cracked, none of my 12 IBTanked's have cracked.

IBTanked offers more tank size variations than Phiniac. IBTanked offers three tank lengths: halfling (shorty), standard, & XL. Phiniac only offers standard and XL. IBTanked has four diameters: 15, 19, 22, & 25 mm. Phiniac only has two diameter sizes: 22 mm & the skinny phinny (? diameter).

Phiniac's default end caps are made of black delrin (plastic); titanium metal caps (silver or anodized colors) are extra ($19). IBTanked offers stainless steel for all tank sizes, and anodized aluminum (in several colors) for the all sizes except the 25 mm diameter.

IBTanked offers custom hand-painted designs for their pyrex tubes which are fire annealed for durability. Phiniac offers textured glass tubes, custom sand-blasted designs in color, frosted glass, custom hand-blown 3D designs, and colored glass.

IBTanked's cheapest tank is $16 (tiny tank) and $22.50 and up (other tanks). Phiniac's cheapest tank is $32 (Skinny Phinny) and $38 and up (other tanks). Customized tanks for both vendors have additional costs.

For the money, IBTanked offers the same quality for less cost than Phiniac, IMHO. Both tanks are high quality tanks, and represent the top pyrex tanks on the market.

Thank you for the honest review! :D

I've been wondering myself what the differences are. :)

That helps a lot. :p

I have to get a carto tank to try in the near future. :)

jackthoma

Oct 9, 2013
Savage, MN

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 1.16.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 1.16.38 PM.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 16

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hey, I found one on my local B&M's website and was wondering if this one would be an alright carto tank compared to ibtanked and the like. https://www.vermillionriverejuice.com/Stainless-Steel-Quartz-Glass-Tank_p_178.html
Hard to compare any tank that I've not actually used. Just from appearance sake it looks like a quality tank. The endcaps are not as low profile as IBTanked's caps are, so they intrude some into the tank to slightly limit the capacity of the tank. Those tanks use quartz glass that is not often used in tanks. The following is from the IBTanked website concerning pyrex vs quartz:

"Pyrex is a bit of a misnomer. When it was first developed it refered to Borosilicate Glass but now it is a brand name and may or may not be Borosilicate. Our glass is from top suppliers and either Borosilicate or Quartz Glass (where noted). We try to avoid Quartz Glass where we can because it does not offer benefits to our application and is typically ten times as expensive making it difficult to stock material in the wide variety of sizes needed to service our ever changing market." - OCD from IBTanked

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Hey, I've decided to finally give up on clearomizers and move on to a carto tank. I'm planning to buy one in a few days at a nearby store instead of dealing with a website and waiting for shipping but I just wanted an idea of what to look for and how much I should spend for good quality equipment?

When in Rome, folks.

VapourArt's GP Salt and Pepper (SnP) tank contains the Official RhP Seal of Approval.

https://domovaporco.com/product/gp-salt-pepper-tank-snp/

Phil Busardo Review http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UnVR6cHi8EY

support thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...read-gp-spheroid-gp-paps-gp-piccolo-more.html

321eef81fbb046d93c68caf1bf75c3a2_zpscc9e0dab.jpg

Close up (with a laser slotted lr boge that's wicking outanding with thicker liquids i might add

578eed63699f2f2f0426120d4aa9899d_zps2dbf5218.jpg

On the 'vari (I'm missing the top cover (comes standard with 23' model) with optional GP Pro Ring for flush mount look.

RHP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread