Mtl work on dna75 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The DNA's do have some limits. I think the maximum output voltage is ~6.2v and maximum working TC resistance is 1.4 ohms.

If you build a 1.2 ohm coil with a high enough TCR it will complain that the resistance is "to high" and may eventually kick out of TC mode into power mode. (it has happened to me with a 1.0 ohm coil)

Mtpilgrim

Mar 7, 2015
    NE Ohio
    The DNA's do have some limits. I think the maximum output voltage is ~6.2v and maximum working TC resistance is 1.4 ohms.

If you build a 1.2 ohm coil with a high enough TCR it will complain that the resistance is "to high" and may eventually kick out of TC mode into power mode. (it has happened to me with a 1.0 ohm coil)

thats the concern I read about with the Dna 75 vs 200. Probably should stay with a regulated,no dna if TC is not going to improve vape quality of mtl. A lot of my diy tobacco juices don't taste that good at lower ohms.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    thats the concern I read about with the Dna 75 vs 200. Probably should stay with a regulated,no dna if TC is not going to improve vape quality of mtl. A lot of my diy tobacco juices don't taste that good at lower ohms.

Frankly, outside of the limits of TC regulation (and output voltage limitations) when it comes to regulated mods resistance is rather meaningless.

Wire gauge, wire mass, wire surface area on wick, diameter of wick and power applied have greater effect on vapor temperature and production than the mere resistance of the coil itself.

While not a bottom feeder I have a Nautilus mini outfitted with a NiFe48 coil mounted on a Boxer75 sitting on my night stand. "Toodle puffing" in TC mode before going to sleep is one of the highlights of my day.

Reactions: KenD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread