My Vapor Store - What is this garbage? Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlossBandit

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
North Carolina
My replacement eGo twist came in the mail a few minutes. What a joke. Where the joyetech logo was engraved on the end before there is a "MVS". What the hell?

It's like buying Nikes online and they show up saying "Shoe Department" on the side instead of having a check. Nobody wants that trash.

It's in no way modded (other than this) and they apparently just want me to be a walking advertisement for their ....ty store.

To top it off it wasn't charged at all.

I normally buy from Altsmoke, Vapin in the Cape, and Dragonfly but they were all out of 650mAh's in stainless steel.

The twist is a great product and I'll get over it but right now I'm extremely disappointed. Will never buy from them again.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Many stores have their logo on items they sell. But if you have an issue it would be better to put it in the reviews section where the vendor can reply instead of here where they can't.

As far as the charging, many shops don't send batteries out charged. There could be lots of reasons for this including if they take the time to charge it, it may make it ship a day or so later. Personally I would rather get an order and have to charge it myself, then wait an extra day or two for it to arrive just so it might still have a partial charge to it.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
This is exactly the same product. It will perform exactly the same. I doubt that strangers will want to check the bottom of your Twist to see the logo.

Companies that place large orders are allowed the option of having their company logo placed on the batteries. Small vendors are not allowed that option.

However, you are allowed to choose which vendor you buy from, so whichever makes you happiest is the best.

Joe_13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
Nor Cal
They all come from the same factory, so unless you are a brandwhore (no offense) ,... they are all the same.
However, if the vendor's site says "Genuine JoyeTech" and sent you a MVS branded item... Go ahead and send it back and get a refund... that would be "bait and switch". But if it just said "EGO" ... then you got what you ordered.

Underwhelmed

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
As far as the charging, many shops don't send batteries out charged. There could be lots of reasons for this including if they take the time to charge it, it may make it ship a day or so later. Personally I would rather get an order and have to charge it myself, then wait an extra day or two for it to arrive just so it might still have a partial charge to it.

I bought 2 1000mah eGo Twists, one from Vapors-Choice and one from Good Prophets, both were Genuine Joyetech eGos and both arrived full charged.

Last edited:

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
DarkCityVapor doesn't engrave their KGO systems. I know that HoosierEcigSupply does put a logo on theirs. I think it's pretty stupid for companies to "re-brand" their wares. Is it even legal to do that?

So long as they are not breaking any agreement with the original manufacturer it is completely legal.

FlossBandit

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
North Carolina
I suspect that the only difference between the older and the newer units are the logos. The Chinese manufacturers often allow buyers to customize their products with company brand names, logos, etc.

What surprises me is that you had to replace the first Twist already. What happened?

It was a sad day for me. Dropped it at work without realizing it and somehow rolled over it with my chair. The button got pushed into the battery. I couldn't pick it out with a pen or pliers so I thought I'd just try and pull it apart to set it back in. Figured there would be some wires but there was so much momentum from pulling it ripped off the single wire from the atty to the button.

Fix seemed easy enough. Soldered it and it seemed to work but wouldn't push back together. Again, so much force it slipped out of my hand, then the button hit the ground and disappeared. The rest of the wires broke off and I wasn't really sure which ones went where.

Still not completely destroyed but was unusable at the time. Maybe I'll make a twist flashlight mod or something some day.

FlossBandit

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
North Carolina
Everything I've purchased to date was charged... I really never played with one long enough to know if it was full or not but I really missed the thing and wanted to try it out. No big deal though, just kind of annoying because it's my only 'large' battery. had to use an old blu... nearly blows up and dies in like 15 minutes.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
My replacement eGo twist came in the mail a few minutes. What a joke. Where the Joyetech logo was engraved on the end before there is a "MVS". What the hell?

It's like buying Nikes online and they show up saying "Shoe Department" on the side instead of having a check. Nobody wants that trash.

It's in no way modded (other than this) and they apparently just want me to be a walking advertisement for their ....ty store.

To top it off it wasn't charged at all.

I normally buy from Altsmoke, Vapin in the Cape, and Dragonfly but they were all out of 650mAh's in stainless steel.

The twist is a great product and I'll get over it but right now I'm extremely disappointed. Will never buy from them again.

The thing I find funniest about this is their website even has pics of the unit with their logo on the bottom of it..... No big deal unless your are one of those people that are into everything you have has to be a top of the line brand name!!!!! I think that's called vanity!!!!! Believe me, 9 out of 10 people you pass on the street wouldn't even know what it is that you are vaping, much less know that it was rebranded......

It is however an actual "Genuine Joye Product", and as has been pointed out if a vendor buys a large enough volume, Joye will give them an option to private label the item for them. This is not all that uncommon in the vaping community. So for you to call it a "joke" for them to do this I think the joke is on you, as you are clueless as to what owning a business and branding is all about!!!!! Does it vape any different from the ones that have the Joye logo on the bottom? No.....

As for the question about a new unit being charged or not, it is common knowledge in the vaping community that when you are purchasing anything battery related, the items should be fully charged prior to using the 1st time. Whether that is a 510, eGo, or AW type of battery...... Most batteries come with a partial charge because the manufacturer has to test the product prior to shipping. The charge they put in it is very miniscule at times and hardly detectable as well. Most vendor websites have disclaimers on them about the charging of batteries for 1st time use, but in some cases this is overlooked and sometimes omitted.... Maybe what you should do is check out the information section on this forum as you should've already done and that question would've been answered already......

P.S. Its not a "check"..... It's a SWOOSH...... Seems you don't have a problem being a walking advertisement for somethings, but not all..... Interesting.... Good luck with your vaping journey!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to check out this thread as it will help you in your vaping journey..... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
There is a specific range of charge at which batteries should be stored for best long-term performance. I think for NiMH batteries, it was like 38%. I'm not sure what it is for IMR or ICR or whatever else because I don't care. But when ordering batteries, you should expect some random level of charge between 0 and 100% that doesn't really affect anything.

If the battery goes into a failure state from being shipped, it's charge level is largely irrelevant……it was packed and handled so wrong that no one involved should be handling batteries. So many millions of them go through the mail 3 or 4 times before they finally get used with no regard to battery safety…if it were a problem, there would be more explosions.

Also, MVS has been good to me so far. Everything comes quickly and as advertized, and I don't care about an engraving on my Twist that is covered up by fingerprints, on a part of it that I never look at, and so light that no one else will ever notice it.

FlossBandit

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
North Carolina
They all come from the same factory, so unless you are a brandwhore (no offense) ,... they are all the same.
However, if the vendor's site says "Genuine JoyeTech" and sent you a MVS branded item... Go ahead and send it back and get a refund... that would be "bait and switch". But if it just said "EGO" ... then you got what you ordered.

Double checked. Totally said Joyetech and even the pictures on the website have the Joyetech emblem on them. Nowhere on the page, after reading every small detail, does it say that there is custom branding on it.

Seen custom branding before and would have avoided this one had I known. The price was average, nothing spectacular.

I'm kind of in the battered wife situation right now... I love the twist and it's the only large battery I've owned. I need nothing else. Sending it back would be too hard. Just a little bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread