My Vapor Store - What is this garbage? Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Double checked. Totally said joyetech and even the pictures on the website have the joyetech emblem on them. Nowhere on the page, after reading every small detail, does it say that there is custom branding on it.

Seen custom branding before and would have avoided this one had I known. The price was average, nothing spectacular.

I'm kind of in the battered wife situation right now... I love the twist and it's the only large battery I've owned. I need nothing else. Sending it back would be too hard. Just a little bummed.

Being as branding seems to be a big deal to you, I would suggest you contact any supplier you want to do business with then and ask if they use custom branding. Then you can simply avoid all who do.

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
There is a specific range of charge at which batteries should be stored for best long-term performance. I think for NiMH batteries, it was like 38%. I'm not sure what it is for IMR or ICR or whatever else because I don't care. But when ordering batteries, you should expect some random level of charge between 0 and 100% that doesn't really affect anything.

If I remember correctly IMR's and ICR's have a nominal long term storage voltage between 3.5 and 3.7 volts. Li-Ion's I'm not too sure about, seems most of the ones I've gotten have metered in around 3.4 volts, but those were Trustfires and the like, haven't bought an enclosed battery model since I started nearly a year ago.

FlossBandit

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
North Carolina
There is a specific range of charge at which batteries should be stored for best long-term performance. I think for NiMH batteries, it was like 38%. I'm not sure what it is for IMR or ICR or whatever else because I don't care. But when ordering batteries, you should expect some random level of charge between 0 and 100% that doesn't really affect anything.

If the battery goes into a failure state from being shipped, it's charge level is largely irrelevant……it was packed and handled so wrong that no one involved should be handling batteries. So many millions of them go through the mail 3 or 4 times before they finally get used with no regard to battery safety…if it were a problem, there would be more explosions.

Also, MVS has been good to me so far. Everything comes quickly and as advertized, and I don't care about an engraving on my Twist that is covered up by fingerprints, on a part of it that I never look at, and so light that no one else will ever notice it.

This whole thread's bit minuscule. Kind of feel a bit like a baby. But if it's a big enough deal for them to pay extra to have them engraved for flashy advertisement, then it's a big enough deal for me to make a damn thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread