Nautilus Mini Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nado

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Canada
I have been using the Nautilus mini for what must be close to three years now and I haven't had issues with leaking until recently. The tank I am using now is about 6 months old and it will leak on its own without even being used.

I am wondering if my current batch of coils is bad or maybe the connection between the coil and the top part of the tank is bad. I have went through close to 10 coils and I am still dealing with this problem, some worse than others but they all leak.

Is this a common problem with the Nautilus and is there a way to fix it? The Nautilus has been my rock for so long, I don't remember the last time I was dealing with these types of vaping issues. I currently have a cubis on order due to my frustration but I would like to get this figured out too.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Nado

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Canada
Before anyone responds I thought I should add that I am already aware of the typical leaky tank fixes and they aren't working. I have tried putting tissues in both holes to suck up excess juice and I have also tried blowing through the mouth piece. When I blow through the mouth piece I am able to get the juice out and I will have good drags for a period of time but all I have to do is set the tank down for 5 minutes and it will be flooded again.

Nado

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Canada
I originally blamed it on bad coils but it kept happening after I bought a new pack from another store so I'm thinking it's not the coils.

I did actually give it a good clean before this all started happening and I wasn't sure if I put the top o ring back the right way. One side of the o ring has holes and I have that side facing the bottom of the tank. If the o ring isn't in properly could the seal be causing the tank to lose pressure and leak?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I originally blamed it on bad coils but it kept happening after I bought a new pack from another store so I'm thinking it's not the coils.

I did actually give it a good clean before this all started happening and I wasn't sure if I put the top o ring back the right way. One side of the o ring has holes and I have that side facing the bottom of the tank. If the o ring isn't in properly could the seal be causing the tank to lose pressure and leak?

I d think so, very little to lose at this point by moving forward along those lines. Gl

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC

I think that's your problem, the top seal should have the flat side against the glass and the side with small "holes" (indentations) should be facing up toward the drip tip. Examine the top and bottom seals for damage. The Nautilus mini is pretty simple with the only other seal being your coil seal. My three never leak and my seals are all good.

Last edited:

Nado

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks everyone, just thought I would update the thread to say that the position of the top gasket was the problem. I had the holes facing the glass. The gasket is cracked in a few places due to my struggles taking it back out but now that I have it flipped the right way the leaking has stopped.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Thanks everyone, just thought I would update the thread to say that the position of the top gasket was the problem. I had the holes facing the glass. The gasket is cracked in a few places due to my struggles taking it back out but now that I have it flipped the right way the leaking has stopped.

Yay. Yeah, I ripped mine up some too. It's good to check on the tightness of it every so often, loosens by itself easily and will cause the same issues.

I'm glad you posted, I just got another one in and will do it right away. I'm thinking dental floss might aid better removal...

Reactions: David Wolf

Nado

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    Canada
    Yay. Yeah, I ripped mine up some too. It's good to check on the tightness of it every so often, loosens by itself easily and will cause the same issues.

I'm glad you posted, I just got another one in and will do it right away. I'm thinking dental floss might aid better removal...
    Your new tank shouldn't have any issues, I only started having this problem when I took it apart and put the gasket back in the wrong way.

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC

Good deal Nado glad you got it fixed!

Reactions: r77r7r
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread