Why No American You-tubers Reviewing Nautilus 2S

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    This is now my favorite tank. I got a 2nd tank with the Zelos kit. The only thing I don’t like about the tank is changing coils. But it vapes so good that I’m willing to over look that only dislike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's wrong with the Tigon??

Reactions: Opinionated

todd0864

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2013
    USA
    What's wrong with the Tigon??

The coils. They just don’t wick as good as the 1.8 nautilus coils. At least not with the 70 vg 30 pg juices I use. If you use 12 mg nice and don’t chain vape the tigon would be great. The juice I like comes in 6 mg max for nic so I tend to chain vape and the Tigon coils won’t keep up for my liking.

Reactions: r77r7r

todd0864

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2013
    USA
    I know this is not a Tigon thread but just wanted to add on to my previous reply about the coils. I poked some small holes with a safety pin into each of the 4 ports on the Tigon coils before installing it. Don’t push all the way through, stop when you feel resistance. It wicks much better for me now. I like a wet vape. This was an old trick some folks did back with other coils.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    The American and European versions of the 2s are drastically different.
    The EU version is slightly smaller, but 2 ml is still good. The coil can be swapped with the tank full. Being child-proof, coil swap can be challenging at times, and better conducted with a pair of mittens.
    After the N2 the N2s is a welcome surprise. The refill is easy, if made with a proper nozzle bottle. Coil lasts long time, as it is well heatsinked.
    It does lack a juice control, sadly, so it falls outside the professional league of MTL tanks.
    I still use the Triton mini for when I need a truly outstanding Nautilus tank, mostly for when I travel or for a live (ready to use) backup device.
    (The Triton mini has an e-liquid shut off valve)
    This said, I got four N2s, and pulled out of Live service the N2 and Triton minis. The N2s solved a big problem of mine.

15532091488761133937569992639495.jpg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Hows the N2S doing? This sounds like it may be what I'm looking for and curious.

Thanks,
    Ken

It reviews well, but it takes drop-in coils and is not a rebuildable..

I do have to say I do love the Aspire tanks and coils. My first real step up from the ce4 back in the day was the Nautilus mini. I found it to have decent flavor for that time, and Aspire coils were and still are easy to find and priced well.

I cannot say how the newest iteration is on flavor compared to other new drop-in tanks on the market today.. but over all I'd say Aspire is a good way to go for a MTL vaper who is new to vaping.

There is also the Innokin Zenith to compare it to of the same class, but that's too big for you I believe..

Reactions: Kennneth

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    It reviews well, but it takes drop-in coils and is not a rebuildable..

There is also the Innokin Zenith to compare it to of the same class, but that's too big for you I believe..

Yea, I might be compromising on that. Current top picks are N2S, Triton 2 (has RBA capability), Zenith MTL and Zlide. MY Pico should be here tomorrow along with some ni200 coils for Milo 3. Not technically MTL but with 3 different coils will let me get some experience.

I desire a 22mm RTA MTL with SS coils in TC and top fill like Zlide or N2S. No leaks a given.
    However, potential issues: SS because of resistance may not be ideal for MTL, TC maturity which may be due to specific mods, learning curve or wire/coil repeatability, current mod TC tech..

SS for longevity, proven tech and VW or TC capable.
    Top fill because of spills and time to fill.
    MTL cause what I'm used to but can and do try DL. DL seems to get me a better nic dose but less satisfaction (Nexus experience only).
    RTA because of versatility and in theory RBA but not as proven/developed or versatile as RTA.
    Tank capacity not a big issue as low watts on a good device with good build should be satisfactory for me. SS contradicts this a bit.
    Build complexity a non-issue as there is nothing hard, just things you haven't learned yet ; )

May not be correct on my current thoughts but I should gain significantly more experience in the coming month with the Melo 3 on the Pico with 3 coils. Only had Nexus and used 3 coils so far and I may not have given the CCELL proper use/evaluation (but I don't plan or see a need for ceramic if I have an RTA but may be best for a RBA).

Really want TC because in theory that should be best. However, not sure how accurate/efficate mods really are in providing what the user sets them too, something I'm looking forward to learning/testing with the Pico (I.e. how accurate voltage and current monitoring is to determine temperature along with consistent TCR for the wire, repeatable contact resistances, digitized rates, algorithm etc.)

Um, I think we all might be OCD!

Thanks a million as all info is helping tremendously for me. : )

Best,
    Ken

• Love

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Yea, I might be compromising on that. Current top picks are N2S, Triton 2 (has RBA capability), Zenith MTL and Zlide. MY Pico should be here tomorrow along with some ni200 coils for Milo 3. Not technically MTL but with 3 different coils will let me get some experience.

I desire a 22mm RTA MTL with SS coils in TC and top fill like Zlide or N2S. No leaks a given.
    However, potential issues: SS because of resistance may not be ideal for MTL, TC maturity which may be due to specific mods, learning curve or wire/coil repeatability, current mod TC tech..

SS for longevity, proven tech and VW or TC capable.
    Top fill because of spills and time to fill.
    MTL cause what I'm used to but can and do try DL. DL seems to get me a better nic dose but less satisfaction (Nexus experience only).
    RTA because of versatility and in theory RBA but not as proven/developed or versatile as RTA.
    Tank capacity not a big issue as low watts on a good device with good build should be satisfactory for me. SS contradicts this a bit.
    Build complexity a non-issue as there is nothing hard, just things you haven't learned yet ; )

May not be correct on my current thoughts but I should gain significantly more experience in the coming month with the Melo 3 on the Pico with 3 coils. Only had Nexus and used 3 coils so far and I may not have given the CCELL proper use/evaluation (but I don't plan or see a need for ceramic if I have an RTA but may be best for a RBA).

Really want TC because in theory that should be best. However, not sure how accurate/efficate mods really are in providing what the user sets them too, something I'm looking forward to learning/testing with the Pico (I.e. how accurate voltage and current monitoring is to determine temperature along with consistent TCR for the wire, repeatable contact resistances, digitized rates, algorithm etc.)

Um, I think we all might be OCD!

Thanks a million as all info is helping tremendously for me. : )

Best,
    Ken

I think you may be using the term RTA incorrectly? Did you know it's the acronym for Rebuildable Tank Atomizer?

You literally wind your own coils, wick them yourself and install them on a rebuildable deck..

These are far different than something like the Melo 3 that you buy coils for, and simply screw them into your chosen tank.

A (non-rebuildable) tank atomizer (or simply atomizer or atomizer tank) is something like the Melo 3 or this Nautilus 2s...

TC coils. The Nautilus 2s is compatible with all the Nautilus BVC coil as well as with their new .4 ohm coil made specifically for this tank.

However, there was some interchangibility between the Triton mini coils which were TC capable, and the Nautilus tanks. So with the Nautilus 2s also being Nautilus coil compatible, it should also have the same compatibility with the Triton mini coils as well.

Meaning, there are TC coils which should be compatible with this Nautilus 2s tank. Namely, the Triton mini coils which if I recall, had two TC coils.

Since I don't own a Nautilus 2s I can't confirm this positively - its just a theory - but it's definitely something to ask a current owner because that will definitely give this tank the ability to have one or two coils which are TC capable.

I will tell you, as someone who has used both Kanthal coils and Stainless coils, stainless has a cleaner taste, it's why it's so popular however, stainless coils can be used in either wattage mode or temperature control mode, it's quite versatile in that way.

That said, Kanthal isn't bad at all, I still wind the occasional Kanthal coil as it has its benefits too. And temperature control isnt something you may like - or even need.

I'm not someone who prefers temperature control... I make my coils for the temperature I like to vape at.. and by the time I spend time setting up temperature control to vape the way I want to, I could have installed 20 coils and been vaping just the same without the effort of setting up a mod.

So, I don't bother to set up a mod to vape the way it's going to vape anyway if I just install the coil and use wattage mode.

Thats why I see TC as just silly hype in my opinion - but with factory made coils or with a new vaper you may find a difference. I haven't used a factory coil in a VERY long time...

But don't be shocked if you also find it an unnecessary thing... lol.

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    There was a TC capable (Ni200) Triton Mini coil, but I think Aspire stopped producing it. To the best of my knowledge, all easily available Nautilus / Triton Mini coils use Kanthal or Nichrome.

The Triton 2 has / had options for other coil types - SS316, at least. The Triton coils might even be compatible with the Melo (but don't quote me on that).

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    There was a TC capable (Ni200) Triton Mini coil, but I think Aspire stoppd producing it. To the best of my knowledge, all easily available Nautilus / Triton Mini coils use Kanthal or Nichrome.

The Triton 2 has / had options for other coil types - SS316, at least. The Triton coils might even be compatible with the Melo (but don't quote me on that).

The Melo 3 has temperature control coils, they are just lower ohm.

Nickel is temperature control compatible.. Ni200 is used in temperature control - it's the original temperature control coil material.

Titanium is also used in temperature control as well as Stainless Steel.

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    I think you may be using the term RTA incorrectly? Did you know it's the acronym for Rebuildable Tank Atomizer?

Thank you, it was late and I was likely not clear! Yes, ultimately I want, or think I want, an RTA and want to use TC. I know the Melo 3 isn't an RTA but will give me experience with the 2 different Kathal coils and the TC NI 200 coils I ordered with different wattages and modes to experience the vaping experience those provide.

Here's why I want TC, if it's developed enough to work correctly on mods:
    If I add energy (watts over time) to a coil it continues to get hotter. If I have a constant AMOUNT of airflow over the coil I'm removing a constant amount of energy and can reach an equilibrium in temperature applying the same amount of power. However, draws aren't constant/consistent thus the temperature of the coil changes and thus the amount of vaporization of the juice. And air pressure in tank affects this also which changes with your draw since you have a restriction on the air inlet to the tank. I don't see how or if mods are actually taking the pressure part into account.

This is how TC should work. Do mods do this well? I don't have a clue! Yet ; )

In a proper TC mod, IMO, you should set the vap temp for what you want for your juice and thats it. The mod would take care of power ramp up time and power changes needed to keep a proper vapor pressure and temp to get the most out of your juice at the draw/airflow you use at all times. Thus getting the most out of your juice, longevity of coils and not burn the wick. Current TC isn't that simple since you need to set ramp up power and I don't know how often the mod samples voltage and current (digitization rate), how accurate it does so or the consistency of TCR of the coils plus repeatability of builds, parasitic resistances, pressure differences etc.

Barely getting started and already searching for the Holy Grail!

And please, keep info coming : )

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    There was a TC capable (Ni200) Triton Mini coil, but I think Aspire stopped producing it. To the best of my knowledge, all easily available Nautilus / Triton Mini coils use Kanthal or Nichrome.

I ordered these with my mod.
    Eleaf EC Coils (Pack of 5)
    Resistance: EC 0.15Ω (TC-Ni200)

You bring up good points, who made them, future availability (old stock/obsolete), wire purity, authentic, accurate, etc. Resistance being lower is not great IMO since more current needed to achieve proper vaporization power/temp thus more strain on battery and ability of electronics to control as well.

Thanks for the info and reply : )

Last edited:
    Reactions: My Batt Hurts

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Thank you, it was late and I was likely not clear! Yes, ultimately I want, or think I want, an RTA and want to use TC. I know the Melo 3 isn't an RTA but will give me experience with the 2 different Kathal coils and the TC NI 200 coils I ordered with different wattages and modes to experience the vaping experience those provide.

If I add energy (watts over time) to a coil it continues to get hotter. If I have a constant AMOUNT of airflow over the coil I'm removing a constant amount of energy and can reach an equilibrium in temperature applying the same amount of power. However, draws aren't constant/consistent thus the temperature of the coil changes and thus the amount of vaporization of the juice. And air pressure in tank affects this also which changes with your draw since you have a restriction on the air inlet to the tank. I don't see how or if mods are actually taking the pressure part into account.

In a proper TC mod, IMO, you should set the vap temp for what you want for your juice and thats it. The mod would take care of power ramp up time and power changes needed to keep a proper vapor pressure and temp to get the most out of your juice at the draw/airflow you use at all times. Thus getting the most out of your juice, longevity of coils and not burn the wick. Current TC isn't that simple since you need to set ramp up power and I don't know how often the mod samples voltage and current (digitization rate), how accurate it does so or the consistency of TCR of the coils plus repeatability of builds, parasitic resistances, pressure differences etc.

I use TC a lot. What I initially found interesting and surprising was that I had been vaping at quite cool temperatures in wattage mode before I started playing with TC.
    I thought my TC devices mustve been quite inaccurate because in TC at recommended temps everything seemed too hot! so I bought a Lost Vape Mirage. Turned out that my non DNA mods werent out all that much and I had just become use to vaping at very cool temps in wattage mode.
    I use the LV Mirage more as a reference point now to check my preferred mods or new mods rather than an all day mod, its not my ideal mod, its cool though.
    Im now vaping at around 180c to 200c with the occasional session at 220c. Previous to tc I wouldve been vaping around 160c and maybe less.
    Around the same time I started playing with TC I had switched from MTL to RDL and now DL. I cant find a drop in coil tank I like for TC DL so the only option is to use RTA's.
    I have a mtl and a restricted DL rta's set up with kanthal right now but I am mainly using SS316L coils in more open RTA's. I prefer SS over Kanthal now.
    I dont find TC to be particularly bothersome or hard to set up and use. If I use wattage mode I tend to revert back to a cooler vape.
    Another thing I noticed after I had settled into using TC was that I used slightly less juice, around .8 of a ml less each day. I put that down to the cooler temp vs higher temp and how they relate to nicotine delivery.

I say all the above but after having played with and experimented with TC every once in a while its kinda nice to grab a wattage only mod, a simple kanthal wire, set watts and just vape. Wattage mode has its own charms.
    3months from now Im just as likely to be wattage only, Ive given up thinking that how I vape today will be how I always vape.

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    I cant find a drop in coil tank I like for TC DL so the only option is to use RTA's.

I prefer SS over Kanthal now.

Another thing I noticed after I had settled into using TC was that I used slightly less juice, around .8 of a ml less each day.

Ive given up thinking that how I vape today will be how I always vape.

Hi Jebbn,

Thank you, your above points is what I am expecting although having never vaped on a mod!

Did you find a drop in coil you like for TC MTL?

Many thanks and your last point is very wise imo : )

Best,
    Ken

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Hi Jebbn,

Thank you, your above points is what I am expecting although having never vaped on a mod!

Best,
    Ken

The above poster brought up a point about saving in juice consumption, but if your vaping MTL to RL your consumption just isn't that high to begin with.

The absolute most I've ever vaped was 5ml per day, and my average when i was vaping daily including some chainvaping was 3ml per day.

If your vaping 3ml per day, your costs for ejuice just aren't that much. Super expensive ejuice is 25.00 for 60ml.. and most juices can be had for far far far far far less..

I was spending 200 a month on cigarettes back when I smoked, so throwing 20-40 a month on ejuice never once bothered me, and if you DIY your spending pennies on a bottle of ejuice you make.

The only time juice consumption costs really matter is with higher wattage vaping. Some people can go through 30ml in a day, and saving whatever you can becomes more impactful.

But for your average MTL vaper, it's not going to make a huge financial impact because your consumption just isn't there to begin with.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    The above poster brought up a point about saving in juice consumption, but if your vaping MTL to RL your consumption just isn't that high to begin with.

The absolute most I've ever vaped was 5ml per day, and my average when i was vaping daily including some chainvaping was 3ml per day.

If your vaping 3ml per day, your costs for ejuice just aren't that much. Super expensive ejuice is 25.00 for 60ml.. and most juices can be had for far far far far far less..

I was spending 200 a month on cigarettes back when I smoked, so throwing 20-40 a month on ejuice never once bothered me, and if you DIY your spending pennies on a bottle of ejuice you make.

The only time juice consumption costs really matter is with higher wattage vaping. Some people can go through 30ml in a day, and saving whatever you can becomes more impactful.

But for your average MTL vaper, it's not going to make a huge financial impact because your consumption just isn't there to begin with.
    I only mentioned it because it happened.
    I make my own flavourless juice vg/nic/dw. I dont think the amount I use a week costs much more than $1:50, if that :)
    I use about 3.2 -3.8ml a day. Unless I get a new rta, then I can hit 4.5ml a day. I keep getting new rta's.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

Okay that's cool.

Well it's good to have a drop in tank you enjoy as it's easier for trips and vacations and just those times you don't want to mess with a coil..

But yeah, figure out how tight of a draw you prefer. The Melo will tell you more about your options, and then it will be easier to get fit into an RTA that will work best for you.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I only mentioned it because it happened.

I use about 3.2 -3.8ml a day. Unless I get a new rta, then I can hit 4.5ml a day. I keep getting new rta's.

I was quit vaping and still buying new RTA's.. I bought two when I wasn't even vaping because, deeming.... hahaha

I think buying RTA' s and mods just becomes a thing at one point honestly! Haha

• Agree
    Reactions: Jebbn

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    Hi Jebbn,

Best,
    Ken
    For drop in coil mtl tanks I didnt feel like TC as worth it, I used the Zenith with 1.6ohm coil at 8-9watts. Very cool vape.
    Even with mtl rta's I dont feel there is any benefit in it for me to use TC because I vape mtl at very cool temps.

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    For drop in coil mtl tanks I didnt feel like TC as worth it, I used the Zenith with 1.6ohm coil at 8-9watts. Very cool vape.
    Even with mtl rta's I dont feel there is any benefit in it for me to use TC because I vape mtl at very cool temps.
    May very well be what I do.
    First impressions with Melo on Pico with .3 coil 30w min AF 6mg/ml nic I'm getting a real good nic hit, not much flavor. Not easy doing mtl with this setting but DL easy and decent throat hit. At this setting is pretty stealthy though.
    At 25 w, below recommended setting for coil, taste isn't good.
    At 35 w much better taste.
    Smoother and more flavor with DL w/AF wide open but not sensation/feel I like.

Overall though very happy and will see what the days ahead bring me.

I can't overstate the help and support ya'll are giving, TY : )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread