Nautilus X

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedunk2010

Aug 19, 2016
I was having the very same issue with my Nautilus X at first and was really not digging it at all with the 1.5 coils. I was about ready to give up on it. Love my nautilus mini's and triton mini's still so I was just going to stick with them. Then I saw a post on another part of the forum and someone mentioned people were having way better luck with the newer 1.8ohm nautilus X coils. So I bought a 5 pack and I have to say the 1.8 coils for me are WAY better. Better flavor and I actually enjoy this MTL tank now. I found them on discount spots.com and vaporhq.com. Might give those a try and see if you like the flavor and performance better if you haven't liked the 1.5 coils :)
You getting better flavor with the 1.8? Not getting good flavor at all compared to the Atlantis tank I had.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have 3 Nautilus Minis and an Atlantis V2 with a Sub Ohm coil in it but the Atlantis is a disappointment to me so far. In my Minis I am using the 1.6 Ω coils and I think they are slightly better than the 1.8Ω but it is minimal. I recently picked up a Kangertech Pangu and using the SS316L coils at .5Ω I finally have a smooth cool Sub Ohm vape I enjoy!

I am a MTL vaper, switched to MAX VG after 50/50 juice started to make me cough excessively before going to bed. I stuck with Nautilus 5 ML for a while but the coil does not last me more than 5 days on the thicker juice. Switched to Nautilus X two weeks ago figure the larger opening should be thicker juice friend. My first 1.5 was burnt after just 2 day of use. The second one lasted a week but now I am on my third coil. This is far worse than the original Nautilus. And yes, the flavor is not as intense either....I think it's due to more air passage through the newly designed U channel. Not sure if it will be better with the 1.8 ohm but with the larger coil opening than the Nautilus, I am very tempted to started twisting my own coil again. sighed. Will keep you posted.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I use 80% to 90% and above VG e-Liquids and have no problems. I find it is sweeteners that kill the coils for me. I use the BVC 1.6Ω and 1.8Ω coils. Keep pulling after letting off the fire button when chain vaping and No Problem! Works for me! On the Nautilus X I have the 1.5Ω and now see my supplier has the 1.8Ω in stock for next time.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I bought a Nautilus X, and hated it. No matter what I did, the throat hit burned, or it was tight drawing on it, and had really dry vapor, etc. I put it in a drawer. 3 days later I give it one more shot and it's great! Perfect taste, throat hit, and draw. In fact I played with it from 25 watts to 17 watts and it was fine with both. In fact I thought it would be stronger at 25 watts and it turns out to be better tasting and more vapor cloud. I vape with 70pg / 30vg. I am also going to cut down on the nicotine from 18 to 12 because I'm thinking it will be fine with less.

So I guess the problem with it is that it's a long U shaped coil, and may take extra time to get saturated and broken in. The air vent is at the top and gets moved around a bit. But it's my favorite so far. I did try direct lung and sub ohm at another time and it was not for me.

I got a longer drip tip from Fasttech, 14mm specifically for a Nautilus X. Then my regular vape tip fit into that one. It looks good.

Reactions: drysprocket

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
I have two of these nautilus X tanks now and I use the 1.8ohm coils and love them. I have two of my most vaped flavors in each tank and both coils have been going on a full month now of constant use everyday and still going strong. Which makes me very happy they are lasting so long. I vape at only 12watts and I use 40pg/60vg juice. I had no luck for my personal taste with the 1.5ohm coils but some people like them. I got one of my friends to try the nautilus x tank because she's trying to completely quit smoking and her local vape shop recommended a sub ohm tank as her starter set up, and she wasn't finding it satisfying. I explained to her the difference in a MTL and DL inhale and told her to try out a MTL tank and recommended the Nautilus X. She loves it and with the 1.5ohm coils. But I suppose this tank is not going to be for everyone. Different strokes for different folks :)

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
I use 80% to 90% and above VG e-Liquids and have no problems. I find it is sweeteners that kill the coils for me. I use the BVC 1.6Ω and 1.8Ω coils. Keep pulling after letting off the fire button when chain vaping and No Problem! Works for me! On the Nautilus X I have the 1.5Ω and now see my supplier has the 1.8Ω in stock for next time.
One thing l find with I stick/Nautilus X is if you over fill with e juice it spits, so l just go half way and never have a problem with spitting and flooding, just high enough so the cotton is covered. 1.8 coil works the best for flavour and l have it set at 7.8 watts, flavor comes through better and coil lasts longer

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
I bought a Nautilus X, and hated it. No matter what I did, the throat hit burned, or it was tight drawing on it, and had really dry vapor, etc. I put it in a drawer. 3 days later I give it one more shot and it's great! Perfect taste, throat hit, and draw. In fact I played with it from 25 watts to 17 watts and it was fine with both. In fact I thought it would be stronger at 25 watts and it turns out to be better tasting and more vapor cloud. I vape with 70pg / 30vg. I am also going to cut down on the nicotine from 18 to 12 because I'm thinking it will be fine with less.

So I guess the problem with it is that it's a long U shaped coil, and may take extra time to get saturated and broken in. The air vent is at the top and gets moved around a bit. But it's my favorite so far. I did try direct lung and sub ohm at another time and it was not for me.

I got a longer drip tip from Fasttech, 14mm specifically for a Nautilus X. Then my regular vape tip fit into that one. It looks good.
I always prime the coil on both sides of coil, then let it sit for 15 minutes

Reactions: seminolewind

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
RedRobin, I always prime too. It just seemed that the full potential wasn't there until a few days later. I tried it out one last time before getting rid of it and was surprised that it did so well. Now that I have a fix for the tip as well, even better!
That's great! Strange l can't figure that one out, as long as it's working now. Another tip l Find is - l learned the hard way was make sure the coil is in snug, if it's too loose or too tight, it will leak. But that's interesting

Reactions: seminolewind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread