need a tank for mom, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

serene.in.dallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Im trying to find a good tank for my mom, shes been a pack a day smoker for the last 40 years. Shes tried some sub ohm tanks and hates them, definitely wont go that route. She needs a mouth to lung tank, and i will probably buy her an istick 30. Ive read good stuff about the nautilus and eleaf m something tanks. She needs something fool proof. She will never rebuild coils and needs a tank thats easy to fill and wont leak, something thats extremely user friendly. So does anyone here have alot of experience with above ohm mouth to lung tanks? I was thinking the nautilus but have read some stuff that made me think it wont be the best for her. I want her to get something that performs well so she will have the best experience and chance at quitting smoking. Thanks for the help.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
As l long as you don't over tighten the base the nautilus is pretty trouble free. If she got the full sized one it holds 5ml so would probably last her a full day. The coils just unscrew from the base then you thread in the new one, prime it and you're good to go. I'd just teach her how to prime and fill and it should be good to go.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baditude

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
Another vote for the nautilus. I only used the mini, not the full size, but I imagine they should be pretty similar. It's pretty easy to work with - I never had issues with opening to fill/replace coils. Some of what you read might have been from the original BDC coils, so I think you'd just want to make sure she gets the BV(ertical)C coils. I don't think anywhere would even be selling the original BDC coils anymore, though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+ 1 for the Nautilus. I have one and often recommend them to family/friends. Tips and tricks in the below video. (That's not me in the video BTW.)

Volm makes a great point about top fill tanks generally being easier to fill, but not having used one I can't comment on its performance. If you choose this, get the 1.8 ohm coils, not the 0.4 sub-ohm coil for your mother.

Last edited:

cat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
DFW
Chiming in here as a mom (and grandma, ack!) - I also have zero mechanical ability, no desire to rebuild anything and am a mouth-to-lung tootlepuffer. (I will pause while you all finishing laughing now.....)

For me after 2 years, the istick with an Aspire tank works wonderfully. The coils are easy to replace, the larger ViviNova size holds plenty of juice, the flavors come through nicely. The nautilus was tricky for me as if I let it run a little low I had a terrible time undoing it to refill, that's me with no grip to speak of. The istick stays charged thru almost 2 days of vaping for me and is easy to manage/hold/adjust. I've got some fancier doodads, including a Provari, but for easy-peasy this is the set up that works best for me day to day.

Just my 2 cents worth. And you are a good guy to take care of your mom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread