Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavourful

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
England
Hi all

Need to recommend a new tank for my mum. She's been using a Kanger Mini Protank 3 for a while but is always having problems with the coils getting flooded.

Looking for:

-Mouth to lung tank
-Smallish tank diameter
-510/Ego fit
-Top fill
-Drop in coils

Only tank I can see is the Aspire Nautilus mini, which is bottom fill and has been out for years..surely there's something newer/better out now?

Btw I'm in the UK so it needs to be one I can get here!

Cheers!

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I just got the Innokin T20-S Prism tank and like it more than my Nautilus. At 13W minimum it's higher output, still MTL though. I wanted just the T18 tank, but they didn't have it where I ordered it. Mine uses more expensive coils than the T18 and it does require regulated to get down to power with the installed .8 ohm coil (I'm at 13.2W, 3.3 volts). 18W max. but I turned it down after trying 14. EDIT: I haven't tried the included 1.5 ohm coil yet, just found out.

I also like my Vaporesso Drizzle ( = Avail Express X ) at least as much as the Nautilus tank, but it's very small and empties quick. I don't know if they have others using their 1.3/1.4 ohm coils. This thing looks like an AIO but is still a seperable tank; the mini Nautilus works and looks OK on its battery but is bigger than the battery.

The GS Air tanks are also sort of like Nautilus but cheaper, haven't tried them.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The N2 is a good MTL choice (it's much better vape, in my opinion than the regular Nautilus.

Also there is the Ijoy Elf, sort of fixed all the N2 problems and slightly larger capacity and easier topfill. It can take Nautilus 2 coils, and I think the flavor is better as well.

If your mom wants a slightly airier vape, the Ego Mega one V2 or the Tron-S tank would be good, but not with the proprietary coils you need to get the Joytech CLR coils, 1.0 ohm. Great vape, long lasting coils, and good flavor. Capacity is larger. The coils can be rewicked and rebuilt fairly easily as well.

Best of luck,

Anna

Maytwin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2011
    SW France
    You could also have a look at the new'ish Innokin Zenith - vapes really well, is top fill and the coils slot in to place rather than screwing in (they can also be changed even if the tank has juice in it). It's much easier/cleaner to fill than the N2 and since I got a second one yesterday, my N2 has been put away for the moment.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    A note on the Zenith, it's a very well-made tank and the coils do seem to last a long time. I am using the 1.6 coil which is plenty of vape for me. It does take a few tanks to break in that coil and get good flavor (think 8 mls of vaping) so probably if your mom starts with the 1.6 coil, using a strong flavored juice at first would be a good idea. I get a good amount of vape from it, although I do use higher VG, this tank seems to be particularly "cloudy" to me. The 0.8 coils are said to be flavor monsters right out of the gate, but I haven't tried mine yet as a) 1.6 is plenty of vape for me and b) I want to see how long my coil lasts. I can't seem to kill it, which is actually quite a good thing as the coils are on the more expensive side, but they do seem to last.

Very user friendly tank, as well. Easy to fill, easy to change coils, easy to clean. I'd say it would be another good option, just prepare your mom (if you decide to get it) that the flavor in the 1.6 coil will improve over time. Or, you could break it in for her :)

Anna

Reactions: Maytwin

Flavourful

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2013
    England
    Hi everyone, thanks very much for the detailed replies. Had a look into the items you suggested:

-Triton mini - can't track one down!
    -Zenith - just too chunky unfortunately
    -Innokin T20s - she might be ok with this but obviously it means her changing her batteries and the whole setup is a bit chunkier. I said we should go to a vape shop so she can see some options like this and see how she likes them.

Found a nautilus mini that comes with a collar/skirt quite cheap and would work with her current batteries. Not top fill, but she doesn't have top fill at the moment to be fair. I'm thinking of recommending this and then if she doesn't like it we'll look into a new battery/tank kit. What do you think?

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Having some reservations on the T-20S tank. Down to 12W and it still tastes burny after the first drag at about 59% VG. But then, this is the first tank I've tried with power ratings printed on the coil unit I haven't completely hated so that it doesn't make spec isn't something I should completely hold against it. If I went by what others recommend for power on Protanks and Nautilus I'd hate those too. At any rate, I'm thinking the versions of the Endura/Prism tanks are better that have lots of exposed cotton on the coil units. The T20S still might be usable at full unregulated battery voltage with the 1.5Ω coil. I have reservations about any of their Endura starter kits, as they are unadjustable. They're definitely not the only unadjustable kits that run on the aggressive side, though, that seems the norm.

redeuce

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    www.nofearmotorsports.com
    693EB83B-20B7-40DB-8024-E69974F77543.png

You can’t beat the T18/T22 coil for cotton.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    ^^-- These new coils wrap the cotton with extra metal for some reason... I'm guessing it's in there. ;)

Just using the T20S again, it's doing OK at 11.8 watts with fire limited to 2 seconds or so bursts although I still need to be mindful of the chain vaping I subject my stuff to. If someone doesn't do that, it's probably great. It really is plenty of vapor and heat for MTL, but feels a bit slow at first, the printed rating is 13-18W, and this .8Ω coil is below 3.2V now which is limiting. EDIT 3: I've got to try the 1.5 coil.

RE: Protank 3, I prefer the 2 but I'm surprised to hear of flooding unless the current coils are garbage. Reasons can be air leakage or maintenance. All vapes need attention, those need a bit more to always remove excess ejuice at every filling.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread