Need help regarding my 19yr old who is smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
well now that i know my daughter loves her vaping experience it's time to teach her how to make her own mixture of vg,pg and nic. I seriously do not want to be making batches for us both. taught her how to just add a few drops of her favorite flavor and how it will go a long ways by doing it that way, plus her coils will last forever compared to straight up flavoring. Now i gotta educate her friends as well on where to get it and how to make it. Going to the vape shop this weekend with her friends to help them pick out a mod..got four going as a group..just hope they know they are going to have to buy batteries and a charger as well. Most mods they sell there require batteries from what i have seen when i was there with my daughter. I prefer those myself. I bought a mod from there that had a built in battery and gave it to my son in law and it died within three months of using it. So my weekend are to be fun watching them all get new toys LOL!! Seriously it will be magical watching them transform from smoking to vapers before my very eyes as i know they will all open their boxes and go what now? I get to be apart of that..greenhorns!! It will be well worth spending my time off to help out these teens..somebody has to help them. I am giving them enough vg, pg and nic to take care of them for two weeks and the flavoring they will buy from the shop, but after that they know where to buy it and how to make it and on their own with flavoring once i educate them about diketones. All of them are 18 or older so no problem with them purchasing some gear. I am soo excited for them because they don't even know what they are being saved from.
Very happy for you :)

Reactions: DeAnna2112

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, if they don't know what they're being saved from, I suggest you educate them on *that*. Not in a negative way, but in a "this is what can happen if you keep smoking cigarettes, though really, I doubt that any smoker in today's climate doesn't know what they're doing is unhealthy... I did, and did it anyway. What I did *not* understand was the grip tobacco had on me very quickly. I was planning to smoke for 3 months over a summer and return and QUIT easily, LOL hahah, LOL, actually it WASN'T funny. Maybe point them to the tell your story about quitting here, so they can see what longer term smokers go through? You want them to keep vaping, so some general reminder may not hurt any. ALSO, and I always tell people this? Wellbutrin works ONCE, if you are lucky. I accidentally stopped smoking on it, and thought "Oh, wow, this is pretty easy, if I ever want to quit again, I'll just take Wellbutrin..." Except that each time, the "quitting effect" was weaker. I could have quit pretty easily the first time but I chose to resume smoking, thinking I had an "ace in the hole." I'd tell them that EVERY quit is different in terms of pain and suffering (it does seem that way to me), and that if they return to even playing around with smoking they could end up right back where they started.... In a nice way, of course. And sneaking cigs.... If they fall off the wagon, to keep vaping, immediately. That sort of stuff.

I mean.... 19 year olds....

Anna

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Well, if they don't know what they're being saved from, I suggest you educate them on *that*. Not in a negative way, but in a "this is what can happen if you keep smoking cigarettes, though really, I doubt that any smoker in today's climate doesn't know what they're doing is unhealthy... I did, and did it anyway. What I did *not* understand was the grip tobacco had on me very quickly. I was planning to smoke for 3 months over a summer and return and QUIT easily, LOL hahah, LOL, actually it WASN'T funny. Maybe point them to the tell your story about quitting here, so they can see what longer term smokers go through? You want them to keep vaping, so some general reminder may not hurt any. ALSO, and I always tell people this? Wellbutrin works ONCE, if you are lucky. I accidentally stopped smoking on it, and thought "Oh, wow, this is pretty easy, if I ever want to quit again, I'll just take Wellbutrin..." Except that each time, the "quitting effect" was weaker. I could have quit pretty easily the first time but I chose to resume smoking, thinking I had an "ace in the hole." I'd tell them that EVERY quit is different in terms of pain and suffering (it does seem that way to me), and that if they return to even playing around with smoking they could end up right back where they started.... In a nice way, of course. And sneaking cigs.... If they fall off the wagon, to keep vaping, immediately. That sort of stuff.

I mean.... 19 year olds....

Anna
I haven't smoked as long as alot of people, 15 years but your right people need to know about negative effects.
I mean I've had one roll up today & I'm experiencing no chest pains an not going short of breath.
Definitely feel the benefits of vaping :)

As they are only 19 I hope they keep up with the vaping, the sooner they quit cigarettes the better. My friend died about two years and he hasn't even reached 50 & he smoked like mad. Whilst some people smoke an have no negative effects, the smoking caught him.
He was one of my best friends.
The way vaping has evolved should of happened sooner. There is so many good setups. The polls of teenage smoking has gone down cos of vaping.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I wanted to get my daughter a kabuki tank and was considering a provari 2.5 but it's not compatible. Anyone have any suggestions on a tank that is reliable that would work well on a provari 2.5. Since she likes my provari 3 so much i am gonna see if she would be interested in going with a 2.5. tried to find a provari 3 but there is none to be found.

Get her a 510 Kabuki, and for a flush mount grab a svoemesto provari cone cover.. Will look fine on a 2.5, both the mini and the full size..

Provari Cone Piece by SvoeMesto

Kabuki 510 v1.5 Atomizer

I'd take a picture to show you but I'm in too much pain right now to have a sharp focus on the pictures, if you like I will try later if you want to see what it will look like..but that cover just slides over the cone to both hide it and provide the flush mount that the p3 provides..

Last edited:

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
I started at 14, I am going to be 19 here soon but I stopped smoking at 17. I know 3 years is nowhere near as long as most people but I realized that I was going to ruin my health. Especially since it does different types of damage to diabetics. I hope she ends up sticking to vaping, smoking doesn't have the cool community around it i'm sure. Lol

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Holy crap, did the vape shop today. Course they are all wowed by the pretty mods...no concern about functionality guess i should have seen that coming. I am dealing with 3 18 -19yr olds and one that was 17. Shhh, told the shop i was buying one for myself and they just grinned, they knew as they puffed on their own mods. Just said as long as the 17 yr old wasn't buying anything themselves and smiled. I just paid for it and she paid me back after we got in the car. It was funny as she was giving ques on what she wanted, it was so obvious but the shop had no problem with it, as long as they weren't paying for it. I think i got them pretty nice setups, easy tanks to change out coils. made sure they got only mods that have change out batteries and no unregulated mods. By time it was all done i was ready to pull my hair out, talk about shinyitis effect. Then it was the what flavor do i want. Then we came back home and they couldn't wait to get their mods out and give it a swing, surprisingly all their batteries had a decent charge on it so they were able to use their mods right off, my whole kitchen was soon filled with vapor clouds. They were all happy and puffed away. Then it was time to give the do's and don'ts with batteries and safe eliquids. Glad i was with them through this journey, or they would have ended up with crap gear or crap gear with crap tanks because they went by looks only lol. All of their mods ranged in price range from $60 to $80 i told them right off you get what you pay for. At the end of the day they all loved their mods and found something that was cute. Spent 2hrs in the vape shop, but it was worth it. I think picking out their flavors is what took so long..course as you guys know they don't let you try out vape flavors anymore so they had to go by sniff. I honestly think they could have gotten their gear much cheaper online but they didn't have debit cards and cashed their checks at walmart so they needed to just get it from somewhere where they could pay cash. Most of them ended up with smok alien gear and can't remember what the one was. I just know they could have gotten this stuff much cheaper online and told them that but they wanted and wanted it now. I offered to use my card and them just pay me back but they didn't want to do that. What a day!! all for the cause!! I told them they need to join this forum and educate themselves.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
my provari cost over $200 willing to go there if needed

You can find provaris still if you want to and if she gives up on vaping you'll have another to add to yours [emoji39]. Pink mule has some but still at full price. 2.5's can be found as low as $49.

Other options are dicodes, pico, jac dna75 for mods.

Pretty much any tank that uses the nautilus coil would be good. My tops are the kabuki and Vika fantasy.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
Holy crap, did the vape shop today. Course they are all wowed by the pretty mods...no concern about functionality guess i should have seen that coming. I am dealing with 3 18 -19yr olds and one that was 17. Shhh, told the shop i was buying one for myself and they just grinned, they knew as they puffed on their own mods. Just said as long as the 17 yr old wasn't buying anything themselves and smiled. I just paid for it and she paid me back after we got in the car. It was funny as she was giving ques on what she wanted, it was so obvious but the shop had no problem with it, as long as they weren't paying for it. I think i got them pretty nice setups, easy tanks to change out coils. made sure they got only mods that have change out batteries and no unregulated mods. By time it was all done i was ready to pull my hair out, talk about shinyitis effect. Then it was the what flavor do i want. Then we came back home and they couldn't wait to get their mods out and give it a swing, surprisingly all their batteries had a decent charge on it so they were able to use their mods right off, my whole kitchen was soon filled with vapor clouds. They were all happy and puffed away. Then it was time to give the do's and don'ts with batteries and safe eliquids. Glad i was with them through this journey, or they would have ended up with crap gear or crap gear with crap tanks because they went by looks only lol. All of their mods ranged in price range from $60 to $80 i told them right off you get what you pay for. At the end of the day they all loved their mods and found something that was cute. Spent 2hrs in the vape shop, but it was worth it. I think picking out their flavors is what took so long..course as you guys know they don't let you try out vape flavors anymore so they had to go by sniff. I honestly think they could have gotten their gear much cheaper online but they didn't have debit cards and cashed their checks at walmart so they needed to just get it from somewhere where they could pay cash. Most of them ended up with smok alien gear and can't remember what the one was. I just know they could have gotten this stuff much cheaper online and told them that but they wanted and wanted it now. I offered to use my card and them just pay me back but they didn't want to do that. What a day!! all for the cause!! I told them they need to join this forum and educate themselves.

Love the Alien. The 220w main one at least. Good choice. And good job!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wow... a bunch of teens in a shop, having fun, LOL, you must have felt like a headless chicken. That's a very understanding shop, and given teens propensity to do it do it RIGHT NOW, I think you made a good decision.

I hope you had the chance to put your feet up, and relax. And, I have to say, much as I'm told to be a living example of the Big Book (an AA thing) as some people aren't lucky and educated enough to find recovery before they die, I love your commitment to showing a bunch of smokers how fun vaping can be... I bet they all went somewhere and tried each other's gear and flavors and etc.

I can understand a 17 year old not having an account, but a working, 19 year old? They should have a free checking account with direct deposit by now, I set my kid up with a (moderated, meaning I was legally responsible for the account) as soon as I could, I think it might have been 14. Now, I DO NOT expect you to do any education on THAT, LOL, it sounds like you did enough educating for a lifetime, here, and possibly saved the ones who stay serious from a lifetime of HURT. I wish NPR had been following along, filming, and done a family oriented piece on how vaping can be SO GOOD. I understand that's never going to happen, but I wish it COULD HAVE. It MAY have converted a few people to the idea that vaping can be healthy, harm reduction oriented, responsible, with an adult former smoker who CARED enough to go out on a HUGE limb.

You're my parenting hero for the day!!!!

Anna

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Long day! How do you know the batteries at the vape shop were any good? Could you check them for authenticity online?

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    You can find provaris still if you want to and if she gives up on vaping you'll have another to add to yours [emoji39]. Pink mule has some but still at full price. 2.5's can be found as low as $49.

Other options are dicodes, pico, jac dna75 for mods.

Pretty much any tank that uses the nautilus coil would be good. My tops are the kabuki and Vika fantasy.

I have a kabuki tank on my provari and love it!!

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    Wow... a bunch of teens in a shop, having fun, LOL, you must have felt like a headless chicken. That's a very understanding shop, and given teens propensity to do it do it RIGHT NOW, I think you made a good decision.

I hope you had the chance to put your feet up, and relax. And, I have to say, much as I'm told to be a living example of the Big Book (an AA thing) as some people aren't lucky and educated enough to find recovery before they die, I love your commitment to showing a bunch of smokers how fun vaping can be... I bet they all went somewhere and tried each other's gear and flavors and etc.

I can understand a 17 year old not having an account, but a working, 19 year old? They should have a free checking account with direct deposit by now, I set my kid up with a (moderated, meaning I was legally responsible for the account) as soon as I could, I think it might have been 14. Now, I DO NOT expect you to do any education on THAT, LOL, it sounds like you did enough educating for a lifetime, here, and possibly saved the ones who stay serious from a lifetime of HURT. I wish NPR had been following along, filming, and done a family oriented piece on how vaping can be SO GOOD. I understand that's never going to happen, but I wish it COULD HAVE. It MAY have converted a few people to the idea that vaping can be healthy, harm reduction oriented, responsible, with an adult former smoker who CARED enough to go out on a HUGE limb.

You're my parenting hero for the day!!!!

Anna

yeah i don't understand not having a checking account, seems to be something foreign to this day and age. I just don't think they know how to work a checking account, least with my daughter. I took her and had one set up but she just kept bouncing checks, no matter how many times i taught her how to balance a check book. She just has they line across her forehead only parents can see, the straight that says no brain activity LOL

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    They've all gathered at my house tonight for dinner, invited them over to see if they had any questions. I am cooking and took a break, but my kitchen is full of vaper as i chop some green peppers. Everyone seems happy and laughing as they see who can make the biggest cloud. I don't care how it happens as long as they are not lightening up a cig.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    gotta question, the 17yr old bought a mod that has a tank on it. Never seen anything like this before and not sure how to change out the coil. The top metal piece swings out and there is a plastic piece at the top. One hole for putting in juice but not sure how to remove it to put a new coil in it.
    I think that I've seen that one. Perhaps get the name from the tank and go to the manufacturers site. They often have short vids on how to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread