Anyone ever gotten this reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
I have only been vaping for a little over a week. I had been dating a girl for a few weeks and she is also a smoker. When I started vaping and told her about she kind of rolled her eyes. Then when I started explaining everything she wanted to know when I was going to go to a field and sit in a circle with other vapers as we vaped. She said it's like a cult or something.

When I suggested that she start vaping she stated that she liked smoking too much to quit. Then I explained to her that I was exactly the same way and that now I just love to vape. Then she started back on the cult thing because I love to vape. When I told her that maybe smoking was like a cult since she loved to smoke, she said it was different and rolled her eyes. She was disappointed in me because now she didn't have anyone to smoke with. Needless to say, I sent her down the road. Lol.

On a separate note, my family has been extremely supportive. My dad told me whatever keeps me off the analogs is good by him and they also enjoy the smell of my vaping when I am around. My kids and them play a game to try to guess the flavor of my juice. Lol.

aureate

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
FL
I've never had anyone call it a cult, but I have gotten some hate about it. There's always going to be haters so it's best to just leave them be and enjoy your hobby. The population in my town isn't large enough for people to realize there is a whole community of vapers, so I don't know if more populous areas views vapers as cultish. Although, with the amount of time and energy vapers expend in their gear and juice, I can see how it could be called that. Who hasn't momentarily worshiped their new mod?

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hair color guess anyone LOL

OMG!! that is just FUNNY!!!

OP... you are better off (I'm sure you know this) without someone who WANTS you to do something that is 100% known to KILL...
Step out side on your front porch and say this......... Next!

BTW.. I play that same game with my 25 year old non-smoking daughter..... see's like your dad, she's just soooo happy to have me off the analogs......Also, my husband still smokes so I know smokers and vapors can co-exist ... sounds like that girl just wanted a smoking buddy.

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
Honestly, I think she was getting vaping confused with Hookah. She kept saying something about passing around the pipe and chanting weird things. She was definitely a nut case. I don't need another one of them. My ex-wife was as much of a nut case as I will ever need.

Also she kept telling me how vaping something like Banana Nut Bread or Pineapple Upsidedown Cake would make her hungry to eat the same thing. I actually told her how by vaping sweet stuff such as those it had actually gave me my sweet fix also and I have lost 8 lbs since I started vaping a week and a half ago.

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
Its a bit of a subculture I think and we are in the golden age of it. It will be mainstream soon enough, I have no doubt.

I have some concerns though about it becoming more mainstream. Make no mistake about it that if it becomes mainstream the government will regulate it and tax the hell out of it. At that point we will have less control over vaping and I have concerns about the availability of good juice vs. mass produced chemical laden varieties. It's only a matter of time before the government screws something else up.

With that being said, I would love to see the end of analogs in favor of gaping, but I fear the government will never let that happen and if it does like I said they will screw it up.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
...I would love to see the end of analogs in favor of gaping,.. but I fear the government will never let that happen and if it does like I said they will screw it up.

Some states already have laws against things like gaping, but that is a vastly different forum. :lol:

They will though. Look at all the harmful chemicals they allow into our food and beverage. Think they won't make cheap juice for profit? Think again. That's capitalism at its finest...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have only been vaping for a little over a week. I had been dating a girl for a few weeks and she is also a smoker. When I started vaping and told her about she kind of rolled her eyes. Then when I started explaining everything she wanted to know when I was going to go to a field and sit in a circle with other vapers as we vaped. She said it's like a cult or something.

When I suggested that she start vaping she stated that she liked smoking too much to quit. Then I explained to her that I was exactly the same way and that now I just love to vape. Then she started back on the cult thing because I love to vape. When I told her that maybe smoking was like a cult since she loved to smoke, she said it was different and rolled her eyes. She was disappointed in me because now she didn't have anyone to smoke with.

Giving up cigarettes is very *scary* for a lot of people. And, they have to do it on their own time. She was probably intimidated by vaping, not ready to quit the cigs yet and just plain scared to make a change in her life.

Everybody has to find their stride in their own time, when they are ready. You were, she wasn't, but over a 30 year relationship you'll be suprised at how timing and position just don't always "match up" or synchronize, that is why it takes a lot of love to get over the humps.

rebar71

Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Austin, TX
My wife was kinda the same way as your girlfriend at first. I just came with an eGo starter kit one day and she was like ... is that? And then I upgraded to spinners... and she rolled her eyes. And then I got an eVic and haven't had a cigarette since. It took about a month of seeing me vaping... and now she's vaping on my old spinners and CE4s. She does still smoke occasionally, but I'm working on that. LOL

LisaMarietard

Aug 18, 2013
Kansas
I got asked if I was smoking a "electric cigar" once with my smok winder. I also got asked "how do ya like yer puffer?" Once. I give my BF .... about buying newer and better stuff. He has a mod and I still use my little winder and evods. But whatever it takes to keep him off the cancer sticks! I'll be happier having him around and healthy longer! :)

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Sit on the floor with your legs crossed, take a long vape, hold it, release it while chanting, ohms ohms ohms ohms ........ Do this several times and you will reach paradise, but only if you use organic juice and a hand cranked generator to charge your batteries.

Any questions? Contact your local Vamora, or ProVarinati club, or whatever club is closest to you. Vaping is not a cult.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A

When I suggested that she start vaping she stated that she liked smoking too much to quit. Then I explained to her that I was exactly the same way and that now I just love to vape. Then she started back on the cult thing because I love to vape. When I told her that maybe smoking was like a cult since she loved to smoke, she said it was different and rolled her eyes. She was disappointed in me because now she didn't have anyone to smoke with. Needless to say, I sent her down the road. Lol.

On a separate note, my family has been extremely supportive. My dad told me whatever keeps me off the analogs is good by him and they also enjoy the smell of my vaping when I am around. My kids and them play a game to try to guess the flavor of my juice. Lol.

She said vaping is like a cult?

I dont mean to point out the elephant in the room here bud, but she doesn't sound like a keeper, lol. Take it from a guy who's dated plenty of girls......find a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread