New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Possible bug(s)?

Whenever a flavor percentage is set to anything below .2% (.0x, .1x), pressing the up button causes an exception that is 'recoverable' by just clicking "continue".. but I need to manually enter other percentages if it's anything below that .2%, in order to avoid that.

Also of note is that I have auto-increment set for flavor% in .1% increments up to 1%.

--------------------------------
And about that auto-increment feature... Is it supposed to go straight down to my upper percentage that I've set if going from say, 3%, all the way down to 1%(my upper-set limit in auto-increment) when clicking the down button? Even though I have it set for .25% increments outside of the range set in auto-increment?

Thanks.
I have tried to make this happen and unable to. Do you have an option to look at the "Details" of the exception when it is thrown and can you PM or email it to me?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 8.0.0.2 is available. Changes include:

1. Improved on the accuracy to see if a window is visible on the desktop when restoring the position of the window at startup.

2. On occasion, after exiting the print labels window, an exception was being thrown. Fixed.

3. On the manage labels window I added a split container allowing the presentation area for the label definitions and the display of the sample label to be sized and scrolled.

4. When copying a recipe the new recipes create date will be set to the current date and time.

5. When using the auto-increment values an exception would be thrown under certain conditions. Fixed.

Bananas1

Jun 29, 2016
Thanks for the continued updates. First world problem... is there anyway to make it so that when I update the program windows 7 will see the Juice Calculator as a new program so I can easily repin it to my start menu? Or not have it remove itself from the pin? At the moment Filemaintenance is the only program that shows up in the start menu as new after an update.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
What I think Bananas1 is referring to, is that each time there is an update, the Pinned links to the program disappear if they're "Pinned" to either the start menu and/or the taskbar. It happens here on Windows 10, as well. I know one time I had trouble removing the empty default icons/placeholders that end up showing in the pinned taskbar version after an update, so I try to to always remove them before the update happens now.. They likely still appear under "all programs" heading - at least here they do. The other thing I think he's referring to is that it doesn't appear under the "recently added" header within the start menu - although here on Win10, they both do.

ETA: Come to think of it though, IIRC Windows 7 showed recently added programs as highlighted, so he might not be seeing the highlight.

Last edited:

GothPaw

Sep 11, 2016
Any luck or comments on the below. posted on page 128

Awesome update! Still can't thank you enough for all your hard work. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing.....

That said: here comes for feature requests/ideas;

1. Please add a column "alarm value" *editable* and sortable in the ingredients editor window ** This leads to feature request #2 **

2. Would be nice if the threshhold and alarm value were co-reversable. (IE. If I fill in the newly added "alarm value" column it then will automatically update the threshold value (just like in the reverse method already implemented)). This would be very valuable for someone like me who does not always order the same amount of ingredients each time I order. So if I order one time 100ml of nicotine and then enter a threshold of 90ml so I get an alarm at 10ml.. This is awesome until I run out and then I buy 1L of nicotine. If I don't edit the threshold then the alarm values are now messed up. Would be easier for me to just add an alarm each time I add ingredients. This way I could open the ingredients editor and see a new column for alarm value. Then thanks to your awesome copy/paste feature I can select all of my flavours and enter say 5ml and then no matter how much I buy I will get the alarm at 5ml.

3. In the "search for recipes" window please add checkbox to only show ingredients currently in stock.

4. In the "search for recipes" window could you please add an option to only show ingredients that can produce a 100% inventory ready recipe(s)

5. In the "search for recipes" window could you please add an option to show only single or only multiple flavour recipe(s) ** A drop down menu could be perfect for this **

6. Today I made a mistake and hit the "Make recipe" button ( I happened to be viewing the wrong recipe at the time and forgot to switch back to the one I was actually making) and this made me think of adding in a "UnMake Recipe" option in the menu for those rare moments like this one. Then when pressed it would show you the recipes currently being made so you can select the one you want and then it would unmake the recipe and automatically add back the deducted inventory.

7. ** Not a feature request, but an issue since last update ** I resorted the columns in the ingredients editor window ** last version ** and they were remembered each time I opened the ingredients editor window. After the last update **not sure what could have caused this** they are all back to the default order they were in when I first opened the window. I resorted them back to the way I like to have them but each time I close the window and reopen it the sorting I did is gone and it is back to the default.

Bananas1

Jun 29, 2016
The installation and updates place both icons on your desktop and also in the start menu in the folder "JuiceCalculator". Is that not occurring for you? What location on your start menu are you referring to?
@Hoggy explains it well. windows7-pinning.png this menu, the pin will remove after updating. It's not really a problem, repinning it is just a few clicks, just wondering if it would be an easy fix.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
@Hoggy explains it well. View attachment 603883 this menu, the pin will remove after updating. It's not really a problem, repinning it is just a few clicks, just wondering if it would be an easy fix.

It is actually Windows that is removing it. The install doesn't know the location(s) of where an object has been pinned. It appears that when the installation files are replaced that windows is cleaning up shortcuts and removing them.

Note that I did the pinning on my Windows 10 machine and the pinned items remained after the update. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa
6. Today I made a mistake and hit the "Make recipe" button ( I happened to be viewing the wrong recipe at the time and forgot to switch back to the one I was actually making) and this made me think of adding in a "UnMake Recipe" option in the menu for those rare moments like this one. Then when pressed it would show you the recipes currently being made so you can select the one you want and then it would unmake the recipe and automatically add back the deducted inventory.
You can accomplish this by using the adjust inventory button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread