Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Bought my first model from Cignet, no problems. But this is the first site I saw that claimed to have stock, and that price is crazy low, not sure how they can do it. I have not had one in hand, but all visual indications are its the same size, just added the screen for info, wish it had buttons instead of the same dial, but it is nice to see ohms, battery life, and selected wattage. I'll order another rba, but want to be positive all the older parts still fit, and I assume a silicone sleeve will come out as well, just with a cutout for the OLED screen.

Reactions: four2109

alongo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Protem, Missouri
Just waded into the lake to straighten up a dock. Guess what was in my pocket. It would turn on by itself but would stop when I turned the dial. Emptied it , took off bottom and blew it out with compressed air. Filled
it back up and works perfect. I think if the charging port had a silicone plug. This thing would be waterproof.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Got my OLED today fro Yetivape as they promised, good delivery service and low price. My small review reflects what I said a few posts back, same as the original, they simple stuffed the info screen in. VV, 3 clicks and its VW. Small difference there is NO more markings on the dial, guess it's assumed you will be looking at the screen. As you turn dial slowly or can adjust in one watt or volt increments. If you move the dial quickly the settings will auto scroll, not very fast, which is good, as when you get to the number you want, to stop you turn the dial in the opposite direction. Though I have found it quicker to briefly press the fire button and it stops faster at your setting, if you overshoot, just turn the dial slowly back to your desired number. My unit had a very stiff dial, which I can get used to, and like my non-OLED older model, the click stops are very grainy, not all that smooth, though my last one the dial was not as stiff, that one had a little button rattle, never bothered me a bit, this one is stiff, NO rattle, maybe they tightened it up to avoid rattle complaints. I need two fingers to spin dial, not a big deal, two buttons or a button toggle would have been nice, but I assume they did not want to redesign all the hardware. Good news is it would be hard for the dial to turn accidentally, but of course you should turn the unit off if you carry it in your pocket, since the firing button could still be depressed. There does not seem to be any light under the dial anymore, since you have a screen now. The paper manual mentioned something about the button light, but you all know how these Chinese manuals are, though it's not as bad as most. I'm going to see if I can find an online version of the manual just to store on my phone for reference.

The other improvement I see over my older one is the 5 button click ON/OFF is much more responsive, seems to shut down and turn on clicking slow or fast, the old one I had to keep pressing, sometimes slow, then fast, I just never knew how that one would respond. Some of these little things I've noted, may just be this particular unit, not sure how consistent their manufacturing is.

I washed the inside carefully, filled with juice, using their supplied attie for now, until I swap my rba in later, and order a 2nd RBA. Vapes just like the previous model, but now you can see the most important info, ohm meter tells me the stock attie 1.5 attie is 1.6 ohms. The manual also describes the safety warnings you may see on the screen if there is a problem with the unit. I think this is important as with the old one you had to know what the blinking button codes meant, this is far better in that regard. Some may say the screen is just something else that can go wrong, I guess time will tell, but as I paid less then I did for the original model, I would recommend this new OLED model to my friends, over the old one. That's about everything I can think of, good luck, and VAPE ON!

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I just ordered an OLED version from Yetivapes. After more than 5 years of vaping the eGrip has become my favorite device. The OLED version holds promise that it will address most of the original version's shortcomings. The adjustment via a dial still seems a bit weird but the OLED readout should mitigate that a bit.

Also ordered a third rba from Cignot along with a black skin. Would have ordered all of it from Cignot but they didn't have the OLED eGrip yet.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I have yet to find a Joytech silicone skin with the cutout for the OLED screen. I like the skin on my old one. Odd I have not even seen this new model listed on any Joyetech websites I have come across.
I'll just use an exacto knife to cut an opening for the OLED. Shouldn't be a problem.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Got my OLED today fro Yetivape as they promised, good delivery service and low price. My small review reflects what I said a few posts back, same as the original, they simple stuffed the info screen in. VV, 3 clicks and its VW. Small difference there is NO more markings on the dial, guess it's assumed you will be looking at the screen. As you turn dial slowly or can adjust in one watt or volt increments. If you move the dial quickly the settings will auto scroll, not very fast, which is good, as when you get to the number you want, to stop you turn the dial in the opposite direction. Though I have found it quicker to briefly press the fire button and it stops faster at your setting, if you overshoot, just turn the dial slowly back to your desired number. My unit had a very stiff dial, which I can get used to, and like my non-OLED older model, the click stops are very grainy, not all that smooth, though my last one the dial was not as stiff, that one had a little button rattle, never bothered me a bit, this one is stiff, NO rattle, maybe they tightened it up to avoid rattle complaints. I need two fingers to spin dial, not a big deal, two buttons or a button toggle would have been nice, but I assume they did not want to redesign all the hardware. Good news is it would be hard for the dial to turn accidentally, but of course you should turn the unit off if you carry it in your pocket, since the firing button could still be depressed. There does not seem to be any light under the dial anymore, since you have a screen now. The paper manual mentioned something about the button light, but you all know how these Chinese manuals are, though it's not as bad as most. I'm going to see if I can find an online version of the manual just to store on my phone for reference.

The other improvement I see over my older one is the 5 button click ON/OFF is much more responsive, seems to shut down and turn on clicking slow or fast, the old one I had to keep pressing, sometimes slow, then fast, I just never knew how that one would respond. Some of these little things I've noted, may just be this particular unit, not sure how consistent their manufacturing is.

I washed the inside carefully, filled with juice, using their supplied attie for now, until I swap my RBA in later, and order a 2nd RBA. Vapes just like the previous model, but now you can see the most important info, ohm meter tells me the stock attie 1.5 attie is 1.6 ohms. The manual also describes the safety warnings you may see on the screen if there is a problem with the unit. I think this is important as with the old one you had to know what the blinking button codes meant, this is far better in that regard. Some may say the screen is just something else that can go wrong, I guess time will tell, but as I paid less then I did for the original model, I would recommend this new OLED model to my friends, over the old one. That's about everything I can think of, good luck, and VAPE ON!
Have you figured out what the subohm solution actually means?
EDIT: Found it - If Atomizer Resistance is below 0.4ohm display will read Low Resistance.

Last edited:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I'm pretty excited to get the oled egrip, I just ordered one from yetivape. At the price they are offering I couldn't turn it down. I have never used an egrip, but I'm excited to play around with it. I might have to get another one if they have the same price point after I receive it.

Can anyone let me know their experience with thicker liquids in the egrip? I use a lot of velvet cloud vapor which is VG and distilled water, but I was thinking of only using a 50/50 VG/PG in it.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Got my OLED version yesterday. The electronics driving the display look identical to that of the istick. Aside from that the only difference I can see is that the charging state now appears on the display vs. the fire button blinking. Performance seems identical to the original version.

Reactions: pokemom

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
I'm pretty excited to get the oled egrip, I just ordered one from yetivape. At the price they are offering I couldn't turn it down. I have never used an egrip, but I'm excited to play around with it. I might have to get another one if they have the same price point after I receive it.

Can anyone let me know their experience with thicker liquids in the egrip? I use a lot of velvet cloud vapor which is VG and distilled water, but I was thinking of only using a 50/50 VG/PG in it.

I use the new eGrip OLED with high VG with no problem at all. I am using the Aspire BVC coils right now, as I wait for my RBA. You will love it :)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread