New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
I tried two other tanks and none would fire. All three tanks worked perfectly on a different mod so the problem has to be with the subox.

I would agree. One of your other mods must have pushed the 510 connector down too far. There's a description of this problem and how one person fixed it on Reddit. Essentially, you need to use a small screw driver to gently pull up on the 510 connector a little bit so that it will make contact again.

Reactions: Katya

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I tried two other tanks and none would fire. All three tanks worked perfectly on a different mod so the problem has to be with the subox.
It does sound like the positive pin on the mod got pushed in. After seeing this post New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox | Page 113 | E-Cigarette Forum it might not be as easy as prying the pin up with a mini-screwdriver or a needle. It might require going into the mod and pushing that white insulator up, like @ephilbe had to do. Might it still be covered by warranty? Maybe you'll luck out and they replace it with the spring-loaded version.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for that link. I could not raise the connector, though. I am waiting to hear from the vendor to see if anything can be done.
Play dumb and just tell them it stopped working. That way they won't try to weasel out and cry user error.

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
Thanks for that link. I could not raise the connector, though. I am waiting to hear from the vendor to see if anything can be done.
Here is the original post by @ephilbe . If you are anything like me it will drive you crazy until it is fixed or replaced. This may be where the problem is if nothing else works.
View attachment 467504 Looks as though the 510 center pin is insulated by the white rubber stuff. And it would appear mine is pushed down a bit. Would def account for some connection issues.

Reactions: vjdossey

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
It does sound like the positive pin on the mod got pushed in. After seeing this post New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox | Page 113 | E-Cigarette Forum it might not be as easy as prying the pin up with a mini-screwdriver or a needle. It might require going into the mod and pushing that white insulator up, like @ephilbe had to do. Might it still be covered by warranty? Maybe you'll luck out and they replace it with the spring-loaded version.
I did the same fix, although the white insulator wasn't pushed down, but I was able to push up the 510 pin. But as soon as I screwed down the Subtank Mini, the 510 pin got pushed down again.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I judge connection by when you feel resistance while screwing the tank down. Once I pushed the grommet and pin up, reassembled, and installed tank multiple times, it made contact about 1/4 turn before flush. It has stayed the same since.

I judge the connection by the OLED screen reading--as soon as the screen registers the resistance of the atomizer, I stop tightening. Over tightening is the worst thing one can do with those devices--it pushes the pin in and causes all kinds of problems, including leaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread