New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
so do you now have to avoid screwing the subtank down all the way? thats my gripe. If i screw up a pin with an aftermarket tank or something, i get it, i goofed up. But putting the subtank that came with it in flush with the kbox should not cause a problem. I mean geez, how could they not put clearance for their own tank?
No, I screw it all the way down. Pin contact begins at about 1/4 turn before flush and has stayed that way ever since I posted the fix.

Last edited:

Stratsworth

Jun 24, 2015
@blivey
have you had any issues with your pin getting pushed down? i want to know if this is just me being unlucky, or if this is common.

I have two of the Subox kits, one white and one black. Two very different experiences.

No issues with the white Kbox Mini; 510 pin is set perfectly. In fact, everything is perfect with the kit. I've had it for over a month.

The black one that I received a little over a week ago is a little different. The first time I screwed the tank down it pushed the 510 pin slightly below the white insulator. It's important to note that the ONLY tanks I've screwed onto the Kbox Minis have been ST Minis, and only after using the tank that came with it.

I'm chalking it up to poor quality control from Kanger. I occasionally wonder if my black version is a first, low quantity run or even a pre-production unit that got out, because there are SO many differences between first kit (white) and second (black): high 510 pin, slightly crooked LCD screen (you really have to look for it, but it's there), long pause between pressing the button and having the coil fire (5 click on/off usually doesn't register the first attempt or two), slight gap between the top of the battery door and the mod, etc. It's authentic, bought from a reputable dealer and verified with Kanger's site.

It's a shame, because if I had received the black kit first instead of the white I probably would have written them off completely, even though I have a lot of Kanger products.

I've been waiting for my black version to short out since I've already had a few issues reading the resistance. If it doesn't short within the next week I'll most likely contact Kanger directly and have the unit swapped out.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I have two of the Subox kits, one white and one black. Two very different experiences.

No issues with the white Kbox Mini; 510 pin is set perfectly. In fact, everything is perfect with the kit. I've had it for over a month.

The black one that I received a little over a week ago is a little different. The first time I screwed the tank down it pushed the 510 pin slightly below the white insulator. It's important to note that the ONLY tanks I've screwed onto the Kbox Minis have been ST Minis, and only after using the tank that came with it.

I'm chalking it up to poor quality control from Kanger. I occasionally wonder if my black version is a first, low quantity run or even a pre-production unit that got out, because there are SO many differences between first kit (white) and second (black): high 510 pin, slightly crooked LCD screen (you really have to look for it, but it's there), long pause between pressing the button and having the coil fire (5 click on/off usually doesn't register the first attempt or two), slight gap between the top of the battery door and the mod, etc. It's authentic, bought from a reputable dealer and verified with Kanger's site.

It's a shame, because if I had received the black kit first instead of the white I probably would have written them off completely, even though I have a lot of Kanger products.

I've been waiting for my black version to short out since I've already had a few issues reading the resistance. If it doesn't short within the next week I'll most likely contact Kanger directly and have the unit swapped out.
I've got a preorder run black and other than the battery cover moving slightly, it's been perfect. Sorry you're having issues.

Reactions: ephilbe

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015

sounds like you and i got the same batch of black subox. I am trying to return it tomorrow, and am worried because the vendor said they will either repair or replace it. And if repairing it is what they do, then i really will be unhappy. Have since asked for a refund instead, and will hear back from them.

I'll definitely buy another when the pin is fixed, but i might wait to see how they are working. I really want to love this thing, but the pin issue is awful.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
The silicone cases for the KBox mini are now available at Sweet Vapes.

subox-case.png

jcash74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
MN
i think i will avoid voiding my warranty since i've only had it 3 days. Going to see what 101vapes does for the replacement. they are out of them on the site. If they give me an option, i might switch to the evic vt until the spring loaded comes out. we shall see, but i don't see a point in rebuilding the pin if its just going to get pushed down again when i screw the factory tank back in.
You don't mean the ecig shop in Rogers MN do you?

Sent from my SM-N910W8

They are the same size as the old subtanks. I change mine out to match my mod colors. I get the bubbles and juice along the posts but it doesn't leak out past the gasket o rings. You probably just need to change out the rings.

I ran to my local vape store and picked up some new orings. When I installed the one on the deck, I noticed that the 510 pin moves up and down about 1/8". Is this normal? I forgot to check to see if it still moved after I installed the RBA.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I ran to my local vape store and picked up some new orings. When I installed the one on the deck, I noticed that the 510 pin moves up and down about 1/8". Is this normal? I forgot to check to see if it still moved after I installed the RBA.

When you push the bottom it moves? The center pin I marked in red in this pic
2015-07-06 20.42.45.jpg
? Or on the mod? Mine doesn't seem to move. Does it move with a coil installed or only when taken apart?

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I am wanting to get the Subox Mini but am waiting until the center pin is spring loaded. Does anyone know if there will be a designation or name change so we know that we are getting the updated Subox. I know when they improved the Subtank Mini RBA base they designated it as the Mini RBA Plus. I just want to make sure that I order the correct one when it becomes available. I may also want to pick up a Subox Nano. Will the center pin on those be fixed or spring loaded?

When you push the bottom it moves? The center pin I marked in red in this pic View attachment 469373 ? Or on the mod? Mine doesn't seem to move. Does it move with a coil installed or only when taken apart?

I just checked the center pin and there is no movement in the pin after the coil is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread