New Kanger Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSoloRRT

Jun 11, 2013
Florida
What they meant was some liquids can kill a coil in a matter of hours - like tar... It's usually the darker colored liquids. The darker they are the bigger the problem. You can tell when you get to the first part of cleaning: taking the thing apart.

After you unscrew the base the vent tube is exposed, with a silicone "cap" at the base of it. Move that cap up a bit on the tube so you can see what you are doing. Get a firm grip on the metal vent tube and wiggle and pull until it comes off. You can now see the wick and coil from where you removed that tube. If it looks like black tar covering the wick and coil your liquid is an atty killer. Let us know what you find.

See the video billbeckusa posted for how to proceed with cleaning.

Yes, my wicks are brown. The liquid I use turns brown after a while. I understand what you mean by it looks like tar. The liquid I use is not clear, it's called Cuba, a cigar flavored liquid. Liberty Flights has one called Churchill, which is clear. I used that in the past, and my new supply should arrive tomorrow. I just reordered the Churchill. It too is a PG liquid. I am so appreciative for you and everyone else taking the time to explain. When I originally got into this, I went to the local shop. They just taught me to put the thing together, took me a while to figure out what is what. I ended up with the Vamo based on all the great advice I have received on this forum. Now I have a better understanding on what I have to do.

HanSoloRRT

Jun 11, 2013
Florida
my evic still working fine

Sean the problem that I had with the EVic was the dome. The dome came unglued from the thread that threads on to the black plastic screen. The unit broke because the dome turned when I was screwing on the cartomizers. There are thin wires under there. I noticed this on the replacement head that I was given to replace the first one. The second head came unglued as well. It is really hard to tell, because the silver dome doesn't depict turns very well. After the 2nd head, I junked it, got the telescopic, that one too broke twice. The button on the bottom of the unit is very flimsy, and after the 2nd one, I also trashed that. I came on this forum looking for suggestions on a replacment mod, and that is how I ended up with my Vamo, which I absolutely love. Well built, works great, zero issues. I bought it from the digitial cigarette, was a fraction of what I paid for the eVic. I wish I had come here first, but until I got into vaping, I just trusted the information I was given, and went on from there. I guess you live and learn. I have met many people who ask me about my thoughts on vaping, and I have been recommending that they visit this forum, and get informed first before they buy anything. Obviously I recommend the Vamo unit with the T3 Kanger.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
3 Things lead to Decapitation on early eVics:
USB charging - heat weakening the glue.
Getting knocked over - Causing micro fractures in the plexiglass screen cover and releasing the top.
Dropping on a bad angle and snapping the top section out.
Updated heads seem to have alleviated the issues.

Happy Vaping!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Sean the problem that I had with the EVic was the dome. The dome came unglued from the thread that threads on to the black plastic screen. The unit broke because the dome turned when I was screwing on the cartomizers. There are thin wires under there. I noticed this on the replacement head that I was given to replace the first one. The second head came unglued as well. It is really hard to tell, because the silver dome doesn't depict turns very well. After the 2nd head, I junked it, got the telescopic, that one too broke twice. The button on the bottom of the unit is very flimsy, and after the 2nd one, I also trashed that. I came on this forum looking for suggestions on a replacment mod, and that is how I ended up with my Vamo, which I absolutely love. Well built, works great, zero issues. I bought it from the digitial cigarette, was a fraction of what I paid for the eVic. I wish I had come here first, but until I got into vaping, I just trusted the information I was given, and went on from there. I guess you live and learn. I have met many people who ask me about my thoughts on vaping, and I have been recommending that they visit this forum, and get informed first before they buy anything. Obviously I recommend the Vamo unit with the T3 Kanger.

Yes, I know what you mean. I've repaired my three eVic's four times, and had to learn how to solder, get the gear, and do the repairs myself. The eVic is delicate, at least the V1 was. The new V2 has two screws in the head that keep it from popping off. Clearly a design flaw, press fitting a metal head into a plastic body, without glue....oops! I don't have the V2 yet, and I still occasionally use the eVic, but never outside the home. When I stopped using them, the wife adopted one, promptly put a white tube on there, and now it's her favorite APV. She also takes it out of the house (OMG!). You can't beat the display on the eVic, and I love the little underpowered device (5 volts maximum). I recently ordered the Kir Fanis telescoping stainless tube for the eVic, to beef it up a bit. I have epoxied the heads in place, but feel that a bad fall with the wrong topper, landing just the wrong way, may do me in again. I so want it to be a good APV. Truly. Maybe I'll end up with the V2 someday and be problem free, but I definitely relate to your experience. Best to you.

Last edited:
I also got mine in the black box with the Kanger ProTank. Put it on an Innokin itaste vv 3.0 and had the setting a wee bit high and got the burnt taste. Turned it down to about 3.5 and occasionally the burnt-ness returns. This could just be due to the one singe I gave it so there's some residual taste. Overall I feel like the Kangers are amazing. Tried some Vivi Novas, and the Protanks are by far better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread