New low prices but still none in stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiXLL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
Beaver Falls, Pa
Steve, I am hoping you are correct, however, we have been told the same thing in the past with no change. SI grew so fast from their superior customer service. Before the move to the new building it was like dealing with a family member. Since the move it appears customer service has been pushed to the rear as well as absolutely no change in inventory control. We count on SI to be able to provide us with our ecig needs when we deal with them as SI is the only place we can get replacements for our equipment we purchase. SI needs to keep that in mind and protect our interests by not allowing themselves to be in the situation of being out of stock in items that are needed regularly for weeks at a time. I would love to continue to deal with Si, but this time you guys are really putting me in a bind with being out of replacement heads for such a long time.

Good news everybody! We just got a truck in today with the Aspire replacement heads. We are going through it now but hopefully they will be on the site in the next day or two. We are going to see how many of each we received and we are going to place another order as soon as we get a gauge for how many we need. Like I said before, we are changing the way we order things so it has taken us some time to get used to. We have a pretty good grasp on it now so hopefully we will not have this problem anymore.

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
I hate to pile on, but I have to agree. The inventory issue is a longstanding problem. It's getting to the point where I wonder why I bother checking for stuff during the sales because whatever I happen to need is almost always out of stock. It's almost always the replacement heads too. I'm waiting for Aspire BDC 3.5s. OoS during the 4th of July sale and still OoS. I'm down to two new ones and I'm hoping that neither of them are a dud. Went through the same thing when I used to use T3 heads.

What makes it more frustrating is that the hardware is GOOD (love my two MVPs) and I've always had great experiences with SI's customer service (on the very few times I've needed it). I'm comfortable here and I don't want to spend my time bopping around the net trying to find another vendor that I can trust.

I understand that SI might have to overstock on some of the more popular items (especially when SI knows they're going to be running a sale) because it takes so long between ordering and receiving supplies. I understand too that that is an added expense for SI to buy more supplies in each order, but wouldn't it be worth it to keep your regular customers happy (and supplied)? It's not like these items are going to rot on the shelves or something. Especially stuff like replacement heads that we all need eventually anyway.

I can't see the issue from the SI side of things since I don't work for them, so I don't know what the problem really is. All I can do is hope that the next batch of what I need comes in before I run out.

REDFISHIN

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Rockport, Texas
I hate to pile on, but I have to agree. The inventory issue is a longstanding problem. It's getting to the point where I wonder why I bother checking for stuff during the sales because whatever I happen to need is almost always out of stock. It's almost always the replacement heads too. I'm waiting for Aspire BDC 3.5s. OoS during the 4th of July sale and still OoS. I'm down to two new ones and I'm hoping that neither of them are a dud. Went through the same thing when I used to use T3 heads.

What makes it more frustrating is that the hardware is GOOD (love my two MVPs) and I've always had great experiences with SI's customer service (on the very few times I've needed it). I'm comfortable here and I don't want to spend my time bopping around the net trying to find another vendor that I can trust.

I understand that SI might have to overstock on some of the more popular items (especially when SI knows they're going to be running a sale) because it takes so long between ordering and receiving supplies. I understand too that that is an added expense for SI to buy more supplies in each order, but wouldn't it be worth it to keep your regular customers happy (and supplied)? It's not like these items are going to rot on the shelves or something. Especially stuff like replacement heads that we all need eventually anyway.

I can't see the issue from the SI side of things since I don't work for them, so I don't know what the problem really is. All I can do is hope that the next batch of what I need comes in before I run out.

ThreadKiller, I to have been waiting forever for the Aspire BDC 3.5 coils to come back in stock. I did however figure out that you can carefully pull the pin out of the bottom of the mini nova coils and replace it with the bigger pin from the Aspire BDC 3.5s and have a new coil that way. The last sale I just finally ordered the mini nova coils, since they never have the ones for the bigger tank in stock, and have been doing this since. Just thought it might give you an option.

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
ThreadKiller, I to have been waiting forever for the Aspire BDC 3.5 coils to come back in stock. I did however figure out that you can carefully pull the pin out of the bottom of the mini nova coils and replace it with the bigger pin from the Aspire BDC 3.5s and have a new coil that way. The last sale I just finally ordered the mini nova coils, since they never have the ones for the bigger tank in stock, and have been doing this since. Just thought it might give you an option.
Thank you!

lume1wcu

Oct 25, 2013
NC
Thank you! My 3.5 has just been brought back from the dead!

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
Well, I'm down to two replacement heads for my Aspire BDC 3.5. They haven't been stocked since at least July 4 and no idea when or if they might come in. I have to go shopping now.
Was hoping someone could answer some questions.
--What's the ohm rating on these? 1.6, 1.8 or 2.1? And does it matter? I don't think they are different sizes or anything.
--Are the replacement heads the same as for the 501s? I would think that the head threading would be the same even if the threading for the clearomizer is different, but I'd like to make sure.
Just trying to make sure that what I buy will fit the unit I got from SI. It saddens me very much that I have to do this, but I NEED those replacement heads.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Hi, Squirrel!
hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I've never used SI's BDCs, but for dual coil I think you'd want 1.6 or 1.8 for X2s and Spinners (numbers are lower when dual). You might also want to buy an 808->eGo/510 adapter, just in case. If you're using automatics, you'll probably have issues with the adapter, then you'll want to talk to Awsum (he knows how to mod the adapter). The 510 head will fit on the 808 base, but you'll probably have issues with the positive pins. I always get this backwards: I think the 510 well is deeper than 808, so the 510 pin is longer, causing the base to not screw down onto the 808 batt, so no way to attach the atty without an adapter. Not sure about this - might work fine. I use 510 Evods with adapters, but the 510 Vision VT works fine without one.

Sorry! You should talk to Awsum anyway - he might be able to help you while you're waiting for stock to come in (he's really good at rebuilding heads).

Last edited:

REDFISHIN

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Rockport, Texas
Well, I'm down to two replacement heads for my Aspire BDC 3.5. They haven't been stocked since at least July 4 and no idea when or if they might come in. I have to go shopping now.
Was hoping someone could answer some questions.
--What's the ohm rating on these? 1.6, 1.8 or 2.1? And does it matter? I don't think they are different sizes or anything.
--Are the replacement heads the same as for the 501s? I would think that the head threading would be the same even if the threading for the clearomizer is different, but I'd like to make sure.
Just trying to make sure that what I buy will fit the unit I got from SI. It saddens me very much that I have to do this, but I NEED those replacement heads.

I have been told that replacement coils that you get for the full size aspires at other places is the same head that is in the SI Aspire 3.5, but I have never tested this, so I can't tell you if that is right or not for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread