Status
Not open for further replies.

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
Hello all,
My name is Damon, and after lurking the forums here for about a week I decided to sign up. I tried the username Deemodiablo but was denied. Bummer. I first started vaping in 2010, when I ignorantly bought a Greensmoke kit. It was okay at the time but didn't keep me off traditional cigarettes. That is, until I saw a co-worker puffing away on something that was less cigarette-like. I approached my co-worker, Jay, and asked him to tell me more about the device he was using. It was the Volcano Magma. I was intrigued by the push-button and the fact that he was dripping liquid directly into the cartomizer. He offered me a try, and my curiosity got the best of me. What a difference it was! I had no idea these devices existed at the time. Jay gave me the website for Volcano and within the week I had the Inferno in my hand, along with two Cisco 1.5 ohm atomizers, ten blank cartomizers and a 15ml bottle of 16mg strength tobacco juice. Before I knew it I was trying ALL the flavors I could get my hands on. My two inferno batteries still work, and I still use them.

In 2011 I traveled abroad to Germany. Nervous about having them confiscated at customs, I did not pack my PVs. I stayed in Germany for eight weeks, but had completely forgotten about my infernos by the time I had returned home. Thirteen months passed and I saw a kiosk at the mall, I believe it was smoke 51. I wandered within earshot to eavesdrop on what the sales rep was telling a customer. When she rang up the price I was shocked. This woman just shelled out $250 for a few measly items! It was that moment I remembered my Infernos sitting in my computer desk drawer, so I rushed home and sat at the desk. I pulled the drawer open slowly, and sorted through the vast assortment of electronic odds-and-ends that filled the wooden compartment. There it was, at the very back sat a black canvas bag, previously used to store Anti Reflective Devices for a pair of M22 Fujinon binoculars, now filled with the signature volcano gift box and a small assortment of liquids and attachments in a ziploc bag.

A week later, here I am typing this long-winded introduction, surely boring anyone who has managed read this far.

I would like to add that I understand there are many PV devices available, and many are rebranded from the same basic source. I also understand that Volcano may not be the best supplier, and their products may or may not be the best available, and that I am probably a huge dork for not owning a mod of some sort. Volcano has treated me well. I'm not advertising for them or reviewing them, and I am open to purchase PVs or mods from other reputable sources, but I quit my well-paying traveling job to go back to school, so funds are a bit limited. It's not that I'm broke, but I am frugal. I've bought liquids from other places and they're great, like Crazy Sweet from All About Vapor in Round Rock, TX for example.

I would also like to add that I'm tired right now, so my thoughts are long-winded. I am also done for the night with my homework, so I have nothing else to do right now but keep my hands busy typing more than anyone wants or cares to read, although I'm sure a few will. I don't really expect you to.

tl;dr I'm a student and I vape. I'm in my honeymoon phase with ecigs and am obsessively researching different products.

Thanks

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Im not sure of what you are looking for. Are you looking for a cig look-a-like, "mini" or something bigger.

If you are looking for a mini, the best one on the market is the Volt from Smokeless Image. There really are no "good" 510 mini's. The volt is an 808 threaded battery. As you search around, you will find alot of people recommend the volt, even the veterans who use mods and arent that into mini's.

There are several reasons why the Volt comes so highly recommended. Their battery lasts for about 3 hours of vaping, which is very impressive for a mini.

Second, their cartomizers last a very long time. They do not have a tendency to burn like some of the other cartomizers and they can be refilled several times. I have been using the same 5 for over a month and they are still going strong.

Third, they have very good prices and there is always a between a 10% to 16% off coupon out there.

Lastly, their customer service and shipping is second to none. Every order I have placed has been at my door within 2-3 days. Thats coming from Pa to Fl. Their staff puts the customers first and takes care of issues right away. I recently had a battery that seemed airy. I called them up and they immediately sent me a new battery, no questions asked, and didn't even have me send the old one back. Now, thats customer service.

The other nice thing about them is that they do have a larger battery called the X2. It is the same thing as a Kgo, except 808 threads. That means that when you decide to step up to it, you can use all of your standard volt cartos and clearos on the larger battery. Everything is cross compatible. We all eventually step up to larger batteries, and with this, you dont have to spend a ton of money to make the switch. Personally, I love both batteries. I use the smaller batteries when I am out and about and the larger X2 at home. The X2's battery life is between 7-14 hours of vaping, depending on which size you get. Generally, I only have to charge my 900Mah every 3rd day.

Hope this helps

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
Nothing wrong with Volcano products but their prices are high. Their Inferno is basically an eGo and you pay more for it - but they work as all eGo's do. I carry an eGo clone every day to work and probably always will. With the right cartos, it's an effective PV and does what I need it to do. You can run right out and spend $200+ on a Provari but you may find that you are content with what you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread