New Member, need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Welcome to you!!! There is a huuuge amount of info here, and places to post most anything.

If you go up to the forum button, click and go down to APV, there will be sub-forums for all kinds of Advanced Personal Vaporizers.

I am on a mini-tablet, so multiple windows to get URLs is not possible for me.

But, I bet someone will be along shortly.

Again, welcome!!

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
My name's Kaylob, I'm from Ohio. Just started vaping less than 2 weeks ago.

The day I started vaping I bought a Vision Spinner 2 and I'm having issues with it. If someone would be so kind as to point me to the right place to post it I will go into detail in the hopes one of you can help me.
Yep. I'm a total noob. Cleaned it out with a q tip. Works just fine. Never thought to try that sooner because it went from working to not working in a span of 3 minutes without being disconnected.

EDIT: Or maybe not. It stopped working again.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Might be the pin got pushed down a bit, which does happen, usually from over tightening the tank. (And some toppers just have their mating pins a tad too long...)

Turn it off. Then use something like a straightened out paper clip and "rock" the center pin gently at 3 or 4 points around the circumference to move the pin a hair up. Do NOT be overly aggressive, as you can get it all the way out. Just need to move it maybe 1 mm up. Then power up and try again.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Yup - it certainly sounds like it may well be the infamous 'depressed 510 problem' - just carefully pull the little metal disc up with a sharpened toothpick or a very small jeweller's flathead screwdriver (*carefully*).

And make sure that you only snug down the toppers on the battery lightly finger tight and no more as they only need that much to work and any more may well damage the o-rings or cause this problem to happen again.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well I wiggled the pin up. Still won't fire. Which blows cause now I have 3 tanks and one battery.

Yeah, that blows. You're new and you'll learn from this. The number one rule in vaping is to have backups for your backups.

You can't vape if you don't have a working battery, a working tank, spare coils, or e-liquid. Should one of those items not work, you can't vape.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Yeah, that blows. You're new and you'll learn from this. The number one rule in vaping is to have backups for your backups.

You can't vape if you don't have a working battery, a working tank, spare coils, or e-liquid. Should one of those items not work, you can't vape.
Lol batteries are the only thing I'm short on. I've got a few juices, 3 tanks, replacement coils in various resistances for said tanks either here or en route and even a couple different tips. But I'm slowly getting there. My wife doesn't like me spending money on this because she doesn't really support this habit. But it keeps me from smoking so she can't say much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My wife doesn't like me spending money on this because she doesn't really support this habit. But it keeps me from smoking so she can't say much.

She would rather you smoke instead? :rolleyes:

She sounds like either a smoker or someone who never smoked tobacco. A little encouragement on her part by supporting a healthier alternative to smoking would be nice. After all, we can't put a price on good health can we? Vaping is considered a healthier alternative to smoking.

A typical pack-a-day smoker spends $150 a month or more.

Once you find your ideal vape setup (battery device and tank), your subsequent vaping costs per month will be around $100 a month or less. Replacement coils about $10; replacement e-liquid about $90 or less.

You can gradually drop your nic levels with vaping, which makes it easier to quit vaping if that is your ultimate goal.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well I wiggled the pin up. Still won't fire. Which blows cause now I have 3 tanks and one battery. But I didn't pay very much for the spinner (like $10 I think) so I guess I'll just have to buy a new battery from the smoke shop.

You did remember to turn it back on? ;) (Lots of times I've missed the obvious, so just had to ask :lol:)

And maybe try putting it back on charge. Since you seemed to have had dirty contacts, maybe it wasn't charging, either.

What resistance is in the topper? Too low, it won't fire. Don't recall the low limit for the Spinner 2, but probably needs to "see" somewhere between about 1.2 to 3 ohms.

Maybe you can persuade your wife on the economics. Once the hardware costs pro-rate out, a whole lot cheaper than cigs - and that doesn't even consider potential health costs down the road!

Reactions: Baditude

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Lol no she doesn't want me smoking at all. She never touched tobacco. She's not all like "You don't need to be vaping". She's more like "OK but remember we have a mortgage and bills so don't go blowing your paycheck on this". Because I have a tendency to find a new hobby then want to spend a lot of money on it. But once she realizes that I can still get my fix and smell nice while saving money, she'll be fine. And I'm sure I'll find a flavor the smells really good that she'll enjoy smelling around the house.

Lol yes I turned it on. I'm still within the 14 day return period so the seller should take it back. Until it stopped working, I was switching between 1.8 and 2.1 ohm coils in an Aspire ET. It stopped working once I put a 1.5 Kanger EVOD on it. Which sucks because I like the Kanger so much better.

Reactions: DavidOck

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
For a mod, I would go to Provape and click on the specials tab at the top. Provari 2.5 Blemish mods are $29.95. You will probably (95%) not find the blemish. They originally sold at $150. The 2.5 is a little on the old side, but an excellent working mod. Goes up to 15 watts and every draw will be EXACTLY at the power you set it at, every time. 1 year no-charge warranty.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
For a mod, I would go to Provape and click on the specials tab at the top. Provari 2.5 Blemish mods are $29.95. You will probably (95%) not find the blemish. They originally sold at $150. The 2.5 is a little on the old side, but an excellent working mod. Goes up to 15 watts and every draw will be EXACTLY at the power you set it at, every time. 1 year no-charge warranty.
I will look into that one. For that price I'll probably grab me a back up ego and wait a couple paydays.

You guys have been a huge help. Thank you.

Reactions: DavidOck

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Lol yes I turned it on. I'm still within the 14 day return period so the seller should take it back. Until it stopped working, I was switching between 1.8 and 2.1 ohm coils in an Aspire ET. It stopped working once I put a 1.5 Kanger EVOD on it. Which sucks because I like the Kanger so much better.

Those ranges should have been ok, i.e. within the Spinner's range. (Although I do remember reports of some of that style having problems with dual coils, don't know if your coils were, of course.)

Hope the return goes well!

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I will look into that one. For that price I'll probably grab me a back up ego and wait a couple paydays.

You guys have been a huge help. Thank you.

Know I'm late to the party.
Did you try all 3 tanks? There is no 'standard' 510 length.
When attaching the atomizer you will Feel a slight resistance as the 510 meets the +Pin in your batt. If it just screws in ( bottoms out) with no resistance the +pin is pushed down too far.
Fix or Return it's your call..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread