Need some information Spinner2&SubNano

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyroTekRob

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Norco, Ca
I have a Vision Spinner 2, and a eGo Twist. Been having issues with my pro tank 2, leaking around the coil after a few days. So I bought a Subtank Nano. At work tonight I tried to fire it up, no go. The guy at the vape shop put the 0.5ohm coil in....... While he was showing me how to take it apart and put it back together. My fault for not checking. Well I am stuck at work, and no where near my truck, but I believe I have 1.2ohm coils for the extras I bought. Will the 1.2ohm coils fire on my spinner 2? Or should I start looking for a new battery/device? TIA

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I have a Vision Spinner 2, and a eGo Twist. Been having issues with my pro tank 2, leaking around the coil after a few days. So I bought a Subtank Nano. At work tonight I tried to fire it up, no go. The guy at the vape shop put the 0.5ohm coil in....... While he was showing me how to take it apart and put it back together. My fault for not checking. Well I am stuck at work, and no where near my truck, but I believe I have 1.2ohm coils for the extras I bought. Will the 1.2ohm coils fire on my spinner 2? Or should I start looking for a new battery/device? TIA

Yeah the 1.2 ohm coils should fire fine, no biggie, the guy that sold it to you is kind of an idiot for not putting them in by default, but nothing that can't be fixed with a good old "if you want something done right".

Please disregard this post. Don't put a 1.2 ohm coil on a Vision Spinner. If you don't fry the board, it'll likely just not work. Don't try it.

Last edited:

PyroTekRob

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Norco, Ca
Yeah the 1.2 ohm coils should fire fine, no biggie, the guy that sold it to you is kind of an idiot for not putting them in by default, but nothing that can't be fixed with a good old "if you want something done right".
Cool thank you. I'm pretty sure he was just "lit." He gave a standard demo of the assembly, and I think the 0.5ohm was already in the tank, with the 1.2ohm as a spare. Hopefully the spares are all 1.2ohm, otherwise I'll have to stop by and trade them for the 1.2s. Thanks again. Now to consider a new battery/device.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
You really need to find out what the amp limit of the spinner is. At 4.2v with a 1.2 ohm coil you're at 4 amps, which is more than what earlier Ego and Spinner batteries could handle. Even at 3.3v you're at 2.75 amps, which the spinner 2 might or might not be able to handle. And, in any case, at that voltage you're most likely not pushing enough watts to put the subtank to good use.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
You really need to find out what the amp limit of the spinner is. At 4.2v with a 1.2 ohm coil you're at 4 amps, which is more than what earlier Ego and Spinner batteries could handle. Even at 3.3v you're at 2.75 amps, which the spinner 2 might or might not be able to handle. And, in any case, at that voltage you're most likely not pushing enough watts to put the subtank to good use.

Wait, crap! Actually you're right.

The Vision Spinner V2 isn't really supposed to go lower than 2 ohms. Apparently it won't even really fire at 1.5 ohms sometimes! Agh, while it shouldn't cause catastrophic battery failure, it likely won't fire -- your Vision Spinner V2 probably isn't good with a Subtank, whether using the 1.2 ohm or .5 ohm coils.

Sorry about my earlier post, please disregard that.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Yep. Be careful. That spinner battery us just a fancy Ego battery. It's not rated to handke the amp loads for 1.2 ohms, particularly at higher voltage settings. It might fire, but it's still not safe. Don't have that thing bliw in in your face!

I don't think it'll fire, if it does, it's more like to just fry the board. That's the benefit to having diodes and electronical goodies (as oppose to a mech mod, where the battery may just vent).

It'd be pretty crazy to see catastrophic failure so easily induced in a Vision Spinner.

GeeJay

Feb 20, 2015
USA
Fantastic thread!
Questions.....I have questions......
First off I have an older Spinner and just purchased a Pro-Tank min,. guessing this was a "fail"? on my part?

Secondly the possibility of batteries blowing up flips me out. Most new Vape shops I've been to aren't too knowledgeable about their juices, much less the equipment.That said I work in a shop & would like to fully understand the capabilities of the products and the limitations. No ones really considering the liabilities of the vendor who sold someone the wrong set up and injuries result. This is something I worry about.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but would you guys like to take this topic further?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Fantastic thread!
Questions.....I have questions......
First off I have an older Spinner and just purchased a Pro-Tank min,. guessing this was a "fail"? on my part?

Secondly the possibility of batteries blowing up flips me out. Most new Vape shops I've been to aren't too knowledgeable about their juices, much less the equipment.That said I work in a shop & would like to fully understand the capabilities of the products and the limitations. No ones really considering the liabilities of the vendor who sold someone the wrong set up and injuries result. This is something I worry about.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but would you guys like to take this topic further?

We were talking about the Subtank, not the Protank. Pretty sure Protank mini heads come in a range of 1.6-2.5 ohms?

Additionally, like I said, it'd be pretty surprising to induce catastrophic failure by sticking a 1.2 ohm (or even a sub-ohm) atomizer on top of a Vision Spinner 2. It most likely won't fire/read the device, or it'll fire for a moment and then not, or it'll just fry the chip (which will essentially cut off the battery).

PyroTekRob

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Norco, Ca
We were talking about the Subtank, not the Protank. Pretty sure Protank mini heads come in a range of 1.6-2.5 ohms?

Additionally, like I said, it'd be pretty surprising to induce catastrophic failure by sticking a 1.2 ohm (or even a sub-ohm) atomizer on top of a Vision Spinner 2. It most likely won't fire/read the device, or it'll fire for a moment and then not, or it'll just fry the chip (which will essentially cut off the battery).
Nope it just blinks 3 times, and does nothing (0.5ohm) I was told that means a short. I'll have to check my protank2 coils, don't remember what they were, jist.got tried of the leaking, and was told the Nano would be a better tank. They know I use a Spinner2 they sold it to me.

GeeJay

Feb 20, 2015
USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered business discussions are not allowed on ECF

GeeJay

Feb 20, 2015
USA
  • Deleted by retired1

PyroTekRob

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Norco, Ca
I highly recommend the Istick 50w or even the 30w. They are both reliable devices and will have no problem at all firing the subtank. They are even pretty reasonably priced if you shop around. Vape Happy!! :vapor:
I'll look in to it. I'll have to get past the "i", I hate anything trying that selling trend of crappy apple products iFail devices. [emoji6]

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Collateral damage, cleaning up

FeelinFoggy

• Deleted by retired1
Hm.. What do you mean by "big tanks"? If you're selling sub-ohm tanks, such as the SubTank or Atlantis, you're going to need to sell appropriate batteries. The iStick might be able to handle .5 ohm coils (if it's the 30W or 50W models, I don't think the 20W will), but Vision Spinners/Ego's will not.

I don't mean to offend, but I would not patronize your shop.

You're right, nyiddle the 20w will not fire sub-ohm. But the 30w and 50w will. I run an Atlantis on mine with a .5 coil. It's outstanding! :vapor:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Fry what chip?

All regulated devises have a chip to control the functions of the mod. If you don't use the right batteries (i.e. in a mod that requires you install loose batteries) or the "fail-safe" in the chip malfunctions you can fry the chip. Many check knock-off ego style batteries don't have that "fail-safe" so when you fire a coil that exceeds the amps of the internal battery the battery can vent/explode.

Last edited:

GeeJay

Feb 20, 2015
USA
  • Deleted by retired1

GeeJay

Feb 20, 2015
USA
  • Deleted by retired1

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
The iSticks are 20w btw.

If the highest watt iStick you have is the 20watt you will not be able to use an Atlantis with it. The iStick 20watt will not fire a coil lower than 1Ω.

Consider starting your own thread so this thread doesn't get completely hijacked.

Last edited:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1

GeeJay

Feb 20, 2015
USA
Hm.. What do you mean by "big tanks"? If you're selling sub-ohm tanks, such as the SubTank or Atlantis, you're going to need to sell appropriate batteries. The iStick might be able to handle .5 ohm coils (if it's the 30W or 50W models, I don't think the 20W will), but Vision Spinners/Ego's will not.

I don't mean to offend, but I would not patronize your shop.

THAT'S one of the things I needed to know! What battery goes with the Atlantis....yay!!!:)

PyroTekRob

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Norco, Ca
GeeJay, at least your trying to learn. The shop I goto specializes in this stuff. They still sold me the Subtank Nano for my Spinner 2.

So now to other devices. Anything else worth recommending along with the istick? See I went with the pen, spinner, because I can put it in my vest pen pocket at work. Not sure a box will fit. Maybe in the other pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread