Hi...fairly new vapor here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely recommend some kind of non-conductive case for your spare battery, better safe than sorry....
As for your battery life, being an ex smoker who vapes all day, I don't think you'll find any single battery device that will last more than a day or 1-1/2 days, whether it be a pen-style, VW, or full mech, that's just my experience.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
While the battery is in your mod, it's fine to put it in your purse. The risk is putting a loose battery in your purse, where it could flop around and possibly come into contact with some loose change or your keys. If the battery touches something metal, it could short out. If you have to carry a loose battery with you, make sure you have it in a plastic battery case. They sell for maybe one or two dollars each.

Doing a search here for your charger model number, this thread pops up.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/517761-battery-charger-help.html

Sounds like you may want to invest in a better charger. I just ordered a Xtar VP2 based on reviews.

Where did you buy your charger and this charger will work for the batteries I have? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this is all new to me and I don't want to have something explode. Thanks for all your help.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
I definitely recommend some kind of non-conductive case for your spare battery, better safe than sorry....
As for your battery life, being an ex smoker who vapes all day, I don't think you'll find any single battery device that will last more than a day or 1-1/2 days, whether it be a pen-style, VW, or full mech, that's just my experience.

As of right now I'm putting the spare battery back in the box it came in away from everything. I'm not carrying it around. I took my vision spinner with me to work and now have it charging and using my kbox that has a charged battery in it.

Thought there might be something out there that will last for more than a day charged....maybe the big box mods...but I don't want to go that big. That was why I got the kbox, because it was small. Seems like I have batteries always charging.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Where did you buy your charger and this charger will work for the batteries I have? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this is all new to me and I don't want to have something explode. Thanks for all your help.

I ordered my charger from Amazon. With Prime, I get it in two days from UPS and don't have to wait for the snail's pace of the USPS.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
As of right now I'm putting the spare battery back in the box it came in away from everything. I'm not carrying it around. I took my vision spinner with me to work and now have it charging and using my kbox that has a charged battery in it.

Thought there might be something out there that will last for more than a day charged....maybe the big box mods...but I don't want to go that big. That was why I got the kbox, because it was small. Seems like I have batteries always charging.

Have you used the KBox to see exactly how long the battery will last you? Unless you are pushing major wattage by subohming or chain vaping like a fiend, the battery you have should last you at least one to two days. The way I've always looked at it, so long as the battery will last me from the time I wake up in the morning and unplug it until the time I go to bed at night, I'm happy. I never want to be saddled to a charger throughout the day.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
Have you used the KBox to see exactly how long the battery will last you? Unless you are pushing major wattage by subohming or chain vaping like a fiend, the battery you have should last you at least one to two days. The way I've always looked at it, so long as the battery will last me from the time I wake up in the morning and unplug it until the time I go to bed at night, I'm happy. I never want to be saddled to a charger throughout the day.

I used the kbox yesterday. I would say it almost lasted the day. It got down to 2 dots left around 6:00pm and then I started using my spinner. I didn't know if I should completely drain the battery. That battery is also charging right now, and using the full one in the kbox now. I thought it's bad to charge batteries while your sleeping. I was doing that with my spinners and charged the 18650 the first charge over night...but now I'm scared too :(

I have jury duty tomorrow...can I take my tank and spinner into the court house? Didn't know if they allowed it with it being a liquid substance.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

You might look at the eLeaf iStick 50 watt. It has an internal battery (4400 mAh) and is quite small. It's about the size of a credit card (but 3/4"deep) without the tank attached.

Last edited:

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
You might look at the eLeaf iStick 50 watt. It has an internal battery (4400 mAh) and is quite small. It's about the size of a credit card (without the tank attached).

Is it safer than messing with the 18650 batteries removing and charging them? After reading all the info on this site about the dangers of these batteries, I've become spooked about them.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Is it safer than messing with the 18650 batteries removing and charging them? After reading all the info on this site about the dangers of these batteries, I've become spooked about them.

All batteries can be safe as long as you treat them right. The iStick is an internal battery. You can turn it off when transporting it. The downside (like all batteries) is that you should be awake while charging. Another downside (as compared to an 18650 loose battery) is that you can't remove the battery and just pop in a fresh charged new one. So while it is charging you will need to have another devise to use.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
All batteries can be safe as long as you treat them right. The iStick is an internal battery. You can turn it off when transporting it. The downside (like all batteries) is that you should be awake while charging. Another downside (as compared to an 18650 loose battery) is that you can't remove the battery and just pop in a fresh charged new one. So while it is charging you will need to have another devise to use.

Makes it hard to be awake to charge batteries that take a long time to charge when you half to work...doesn't leave enough time for charging. How do people get their batteries charged then?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Makes it hard to be awake to charge batteries that take a long time to charge when you half to work...doesn't leave enough time for charging. How do people get their batteries charged then?

Inka, no one can make the decision for you. I know there are some here that will put zero trust and will always expect the unexpected. I, on the other hand, while I do understand that one can make a stupid mistake and be careless (i.e. putting a loose battery in their pocket with a set of keys or loose change), I do put a bit more trust in the people that design and manufacture these devices. Using my iSticks as an example, you don't remove the batteries to charge them. Rather you plug in a micro USB cable into the mod and it charges it. The circuitry inside the mod is designed to charge the battery, and when the battery is fully charged, it will stop charging. Much like plugging a charger into your cell phone. I have no fear of my cell phone blowing up if I leave it on the charger overnight while I sleep, and I also have no fear of plugging in my iStick overnight to recharge while I sleep. If the battery sits fully charged in the charger an hour or two past reaching fully charged, that's not going to be a big issue....since the charger will automatically shut off anyway.

I doubt even the most paranoid will sit there and stare at the charger while their batteries are recharging, patiently waiting for the exact moment that the battery is fully charged and then attempt to remove the batteries so they don't sit in the charger for even 5 seconds more than necessary. If you look at the specs and features of any well regarded charger, they will all indicate that the charger will automatically stop charging the battery as soon as it is fully charged.

There is a HUGE difference between RESPECTING the potential dangers of batteries, and FEARING them. If you are going live in fear that any moment your battery may explode in a cataclysmic fashion if you don't treat it like it is a bottle of nitroglycerin or an old, corroding stick of dynamite, then you might as well forgo using a battery and fashion a hand crank generator to power your mod.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
Inka, no one can make the decision for you. I know there are some here that will put zero trust and will always expect the unexpected. I, on the other hand, while I do understand that one can make a stupid mistake and be careless (i.e. putting a loose battery in their pocket with a set of keys or loose change), I do put a bit more trust in the people that design and manufacture these devices. Using my iSticks as an example, you don't remove the batteries to charge them. Rather you plug in a micro USB cable into the mod and it charges it. The circuitry inside the mod is designed to charge the battery, and when the battery is fully charged, it will stop charging. Much like plugging a charger into your cell phone. I have no fear of my cell phone blowing up if I leave it on the charger overnight while I sleep, and I also have no fear of plugging in my iStick overnight to recharge while I sleep. If the battery sits fully charged in the charger an hour or two past reaching fully charged, that's not going to be a big issue....since the charger will automatically shut off anyway.

I doubt even the most paranoid will sit there and stare at the charger while their batteries are recharging, patiently waiting for the exact moment that the battery is fully charged and then attempt to remove the batteries so they don't sit in the charger for even 5 seconds more than necessary. If you look at the specs and features of any well regarded charger, they will all indicate that the charger will automatically stop charging the battery as soon as it is fully charged.

There is a HUGE difference between RESPECTING the potential dangers of batteries, and FEARING them. If you are going live in fear that any moment your battery may explode in a cataclysmic fashion if you don't treat it like it is a bottle of nitroglycerin or an old, corroding stick of dynamite, then you might as well forgo using a battery and fashion a hand crank generator to power your mod.

Yep...your hit that on the nail. I get it. Ok...so I guess the next thing I need to do is buy a really good charger that I will have comfort in knowing that it does the job it's suppose to. I think I will check out some other vape shops and see what they carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread