New member: thoughts / advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokkie

May 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so just saying hi :)
Also any thoughts / advice on my new setup (in regards to safety and anything else you find relevant) would be much appreciated as I'm quite new to vaping with advanced mods.

mod: Smok AL85
Tank: TFV8 Baby Tank
Coil: V8 Baby Q2 0.4 Ohm (will be switching to the 0.6 Ohm coil after the 0.4 Ohm coil burns out)
Battery: LG HG2 3000mAh 18650
Liquid: 70vg/30pg 3mg berry menthol
Vaping at: 35W on the 0.4 Ohm coil (will probably up it to 40W with the 0.6 Ohm coil - it's what I tried in-store and I LOVED it!)

I'll be picking up some spare batteries, a standalone 2-bay battery charger and some protective sleeves for the spare batteries tomorrow.

Thank you! :thumbs:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi everyone,

Also any thoughts / advice on my new setup (in regards to safety and anything else you find relevant) would be much appreciated as I'm quite new to vaping with advanced mods.

Mod: Smok AL85
Coil: V8 Baby Q2 0.4 Ohm (will be switching to the 0.6 Ohm coil after the 0.4 Ohm coil burns out)
Vaping at: 35W on the 0.4 Ohm coil (will probably up it to 40W with the 0.6 Ohm coil - it's what I tried in-store and I LOVED it!)

I'll be picking up some spare batteries, a standalone 2-bay battery charger and some protective sleeves for the spare batteries tomorrow.

Looks like a Really Nice Set-Up. And I like that you thought of getting some Protective Sleeves for your Spare Batteries.

So not much else to say but...

Welcome to the ECF.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone,
Mod: Smok AL85
Welcome and glad you joined. Might like to read information below about battery charging:
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum
Coil: V8 Baby Q2 0.4 Ohm (will be switching to the 0.6 Ohm coil after the 0.4 Ohm coil burns out)------------Switching to the 0.6 may save you money in the long run.
If you have a good elementary understanding of vaping and not a new vaper, advanced mods may be a good move for you.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA

I guess the one thing I might note is that I wouldn't use a single HG2 at 85 Watts. It doesn't sound as if you're planning to, but good to be aware of that, I think.

I use exactly that battery in some small mods that go up to 75W (which is still a little higher than I would want to use that battery at,) but don't use them anywhere near 75W. I think it's pretty safe to do so, and it's not something I personally have a lot of qualms about.

But as was pointed out to me recently here, with some justice, the most conservative choice would be to not put a set of batteries in a mod that you would not use at the mod's highest wattage setting (or even perhaps a bit below that.) For my comfort levels that would be excessively cautious, but I thought I'd mention it.

bokkie

May 21, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined. Might like to read information below about battery charging:
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum
Coil: V8 Baby Q2 0.4 Ohm (will be switching to the 0.6 Ohm coil after the 0.4 Ohm coil burns out)------------Switching to the 0.6 may save you money in the long run.
If you have a good elementary understanding of vaping and not a new vaper, advanced mods may be a good move for you.
Many thanks for the link. Excellent news about the 0.6 Ohm coil - can't wait to try it out!

Reactions: BrotherBob

bokkie

May 21, 2017
I guess the one thing I might note is that I wouldn't use a single HG2 at 85 Watts. It doesn't sound as if you're planning to, but good to be aware of that, I think.

I use exactly that battery in some small mods that go up to 75W (which is still a little higher than I would want to use that battery at,) but don't use them anywhere near 75W. I think it's pretty safe to do so, and it's not something I personally have a lot of qualms about.

But as was pointed out to me recently here, with some justice, the most conservative choice would be to not put a set of batteries in a mod that you would not use at the mod's highest wattage setting (or even perhaps a bit below that.) For my comfort levels that would be excessively cautious, but I thought I'd mention it.
Any information is much appreciated, so thank you for your advice :) you're correct, I don't even think I'll venture higher than 45w - I doubt my throat can handle it :D

Reactions: go_player
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread