Alian220 coil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPAZ

Jul 11, 2018
Hawthorn, Australia
Hi all,
Been vaping for about 12 months now and my smok AL85 has served me well. I’ve just upgraded to an Alien220 and are just getting to know it, it sure does pack a punch. Can anyone give me some advice on a good coil to use as it came pre-installed with a V8 Baby-Q2 Core (0.4ohm dual coils) and a spare which is a V8 Baby-T8 Core (0.15 ohm octuple coils). I guess it’s all a matter of personal choice but would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has an Alien220 and I’m open for any ideas on coil choice for a a reasonably new vape fan who was a cigarette smoker for many years (have now given them up all together !) Cheers, JPAZ

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Smok offers a wide range of coils for the beast. Not being a DL vaper, I'm not able to suggest a specific coil. However, as you mentioned the decision ultimately rests with you. Warm or cool vapor, actual juice profile, preferred wattage, and vape style - chain vaper - all come into play.

• Informative
Reactions: Coyote628

JPAZ

Jul 11, 2018
Hawthorn, Australia
Smok offers a wide range of coils for the beast. Not being a DL vaper, I'm not able to suggest a specific coil. However, as you mentioned the decision ultimately rests with you. Warm or cool vapor, actual juice profile, preferred wattage, and vape style - chain vaper - all come into play.
Thanks for the info

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
ideas on coil choice
Welcome and glad you joined.
One of these days you may get tired of the expense and effort replacing prebuilt coils and consider an RTA. If you can bend paper clips and thread a needle, you can build your own coils and wick them. It's that simple. All you need is wire and a round rod (small screw drivers work) with approximately 1/8 inch od plus a wire cutter.
Re: Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

• Winner
Reactions: Coyote628

JPAZ

Jul 11, 2018
Hawthorn, Australia
Thanks Brother,
For sure, it’s something I’m looking forward to exploring. Sounds really interesting and intriguing. I never thought vaping could be so motivating. It’s only the tip of the ice burg that we stand on, and word of mouth is what will help this not only bring a new era in puffing but also save a lot of lives. Just need to work on the government to realise the potential health benefits and overwhelming creative interest it can bring to people. Vape on !!

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread