New mod advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Starkville
Hey guys I'm looking to get my first box mod. In the past I was addicted to VV/VW mods and have spent a pretty penny on them. I even went with the higher end mods (when they were new) such as the Evic supreme and an older provari. When they worked they were great but for whatever reason they both stopped working suddenly and it was obvious it was a circuit board issue. I was upset about the loss of money and have been using mechanical mods ever since. I do love my mechanical mods and was about to pull the trigger on a mechanical box mod when I got the itch to possibly try the Siegel 150W box or one of the dna40 chip box mods. I vape all day around .2 ohms weather I'm dripping or using my Goliath v2 or new tfv4. My tube mods just do not give the battery power to last all day so time to upgrade. Which route do you guys suggest? I have heard great things about each type and just can't seem to come to a conclusion by simply googling each type.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Vaping at 0.2 ohm, I would rule out a DNA40. It will be underpowered for you unless you plan to build higher for it.

If money isn't a concern, I would choose a dual battery sx350j or DNA200. There are several coming out. The Boxer and Cloudmaker Whiteout are two examples.

If you want to spend less I would probably go with a Sigelei 150W, either the new tc one or the older kanthal only mod. You might also look at the ipv3 Li.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
For what it's worth, if you still have your Provari they will probably fix it for a pretty small fee. Mine stopped working and $20 and two weeks later it was good as new. Granted, I don't believe my circuit board was fried but Provape has great customer service. It's probably something to look into if you haven't, just to have a backup.

Beyond that, I agree with @roxynoodle. DNA200 if money is no object, otherwise Sig150 +/- temp control.

You might also want to look into a Tesla Two as an inexpensive backup if you want an unregulated device with a bit of protection that will last a great deal longer battery-wise than a single 18650 mech.

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread