new 50 watts mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

junior28186

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
montreal,qc,ca
hi, i just bought a IPV2 50 watts box mod.... i already have a mechanical mod but this one is my first APV.

i have a couple questions about the resistance and the power u can put in it.

is there any difference beetween a coil at maybe .4 ohms and a coil at 3 ohms if i push 50watts on them? do they handle it the same way?

also i have a kayfun lite plus.... i have heard a lot about people melting insulators.... do you know what wattage is the max for the kayfun?

thank you very much

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I have the IPV V2 and there will be a difference. If you set a wattage and change resistance the voltage will have to change. Basic ohms law. Running high wattage on the kayfun or any atty for that matter can melt the insulator. Wish they had come out with a silicone type insulator but they are all plastic. Kidney puncher and Fat Daddy's have replacements. The Kayfuns were not built for high wattage or for big clouds. Drippers do a better job of that.
As a reubuilder you should know ohms law and battery safety. Sorry but i made a promise to someone to make this speech to folks that are new to rebuilding. Would hate for you to have a bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread