New, never smoked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanCid

Nov 20, 2008
I've stayed away from smoking because of the negative health effects, and the addicting effects of nicotine, however, there's always been something attractive about the cigar, the cigarette, the pipe, the whole scene. I'd looked around for a while for a healthy cigarette, thinking it'd come about someday, and it came in this completely unexpected form.

I'll probably be ordering the eCigar from Puresmoker and definitely sticking to zero-nicotine cartridges. This kind of technology makes you look back on smoking through the ages and stand amazed at how things change. I really believe this will be the smoking of the future.

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
there's always been something attractive about the cigar, the cigarette, the pipe, the whole scene.

I cannot possibly disagree with you more. To me there's nothing attractive about it at all - just nicotine addicts servicing their addiction. I wish I had NEVER picked up that first cig! :cry:

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I've stayed away from smoking because of the negative health effects, and the addicting effects of nicotine, however, there's always been something attractive about the cigar, the cigarette, the pipe, the whole scene. I'd looked around for a while for a healthy cigarette, thinking it'd come about someday, and it came in this completely unexpected form.

I'll probably be ordering the eCigar from Puresmoker and definitely sticking to zero-nicotine cartridges. This kind of technology makes you look back on smoking through the ages and stand amazed at how things change. I really believe this will be the smoking of the future.

JMHO-stick with plastic(fake), don't smoke, if you have not started......use a prop.8-o

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
I cannot possibly disagree with you more. To me there's nothing attractive about it at all - just nicotine addicts servicing their addiction. I wish I had NEVER picked up that first cig! :cry:

I have to second that. I was attracted to the smoking life as I saw my friends and peers doing it.. and I wish that I had never started. Luckily eSmoking has given me a way to finally break free from "analog" cigarettes and smoke in a "healthier" way.

IMO, if you take up smoking in any way, you will still pick up some sort of addiction whether or not nicotine is involved. Part of the problem with quitting smoking is the "oral" and "hand fixation" addictions. That is why so many people fail with patches and gum.

If you are hell-bent on trying an eSmoking device, I would steer away from any juice with nicotine in it..

Good luck!

strungmind

Sep 5, 2008
I agree with six string, there is no attractive element to smoking. And be very careful, while there are 0 nic catridges available, their is little known on the harm by the "e-liquid" itself, and if you have no reason to be vaping, just in my opinion, I would recommend against it. My general opinion is that e-cigarettes are better than regular cigarettes, however, the best option around is not smoking/vaping AT ALL.

Theres no evidence yet to back up my claims, but I just thought I would throw in my opinion.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Jonathan,

As someone you may even be buying from me, DON'T. Smoking or even ESmoking is the LAST thing you want to start doing. The addiction, side effects, and possibly even death isn't worth the risk.

I quit smoking in September of 2007. 6 months later I was esmoking and only using zero nicotine cartridges. I gave in to the darkside about 1 month later, and am not hooked again. The ecig can be a great way to help people quit or cut down on smoking if they so wish to do it, but it can also be a gateway, in to one of the worst addictions affecting man to date ...

Keep you money, grab a beer, and spend the extra money you would have spent on an ECigar and spend it on something nice for your wife/girlfriend.

-CaSH

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Jonathan,

As someone you may even be buying from me, DON'T. Smoking or even ESmoking is the LAST thing you want to start doing. The addiction, side effects, and possibly even death isn't worth the risk.

I quit smoking in September of 2007. 6 months later I was esmoking and only using zero nicotine cartridges. I gave in to the darkside about 1 month later, and am not hooked again. The ecig can be a great way to help people quit or cut down on smoking if they so wish to do it, but it can also be a gateway, in to one of the worst addictions affecting man to date ...

Keep you money, grab a beer, and spend the extra money you would have spent on an ECigar and spend it on something nice for your wife/girlfriend.

-CaSH

Steve, RESPECT you baby, yo da man.

Johnathon, if you have a close relative or friend that smokes, buy em one for a gift(if they wanna quit, or cut down)JMHO:thumb:

We care about people, here on the forum.:cool:

BTW smoking sucks!!!! in more way than 1

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
I remember a similar new member who had never smoked posting about how he wanted to try an ecig. Theres no point really, you don't need it and its only going to help to give e-smoking a bad name and get them banned.

Wasn't there somebody who could count on the fingers of one hand the cigarettes he'd smoked, then bought an e-cig because it seemed cool and eventually started on the really high nicotine carts/juices?:cry:

Slippery slope!

I puffed away on a pipe without inhaling for many years, but it sure as hell let me to cigs when times got more stressful. Now I'm an addict. Bad move :(

edisme518123

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2008
Daytona Beach, Florida (USA)
Wasn't there somebody who could count on the fingers of one hand the cigarettes he'd smoked, then bought an e-cig because it seemed cool and eventually started on the really high nicotine carts/juices?:cry:

Slippery slope!

I puffed away on a pipe without inhaling for many years, but it sure as hell let me to cigs when times got more stressful. Now I'm an addict. Bad move :(

Yup... you're talking about me. :cry:

I didn't buy it because it seemed cool though. I bought it because I wanted nicotine in a "safe" manner. Buying high nicotine was a mistake though. I've since downgraded to lower nicotine and I've only been using about .5ml per day. I still love my e-cig and I do like the effects of nicotine, but everyone else here is right. If you can live without it, do just that. Personally, I keep using mine because I enjoy it. I don't want to live past 80... I would just like to be healthy until I do pass.

I also believe that giving up something you enjoy isn't worth spending an extra few years in a nursing home.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Wow, what a bunch of worry warts. :lol:

Normally I would agree with all of you, but he's already indicated QUITE clearly hat he will stick to zero nicotine cartridges. I think he seems to understand the dangers of nicotine addiction, and doesn't need to be told again and again.

If you stick to zero nicotine, there's no inherent danger, and the possible addiction to the hand to mouth routine is harmless.

Without nicotine it's still enjoyable for the flavors. Its a convenient zero calorie way to enjoy a bit of flavor throughout the day. Inhaled, guilt free candy! :D And the vapor is fun! Wheee! See, how much fun I'm having? :D :lol:

Miss Diane

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
uk
most of you know i lurk alot of the time on this forum but keep up to date with whats going on, anyway I was reading the thread about being ripped off for e:liquid which i'm not going to get into that argument and then read this one.

I say" three cheers for our american suppliers Cashmere and Shawnp1" (even though i'm in the UK) for discouraging a newbie from starting on e smoking .

When you are in any description of business it's very rarely any supplier would turn down sales so bravo to you both

Diane

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Jonathan, are you sure you would really like to inhale burnt propylene glycol plus a bunch of other chemicals making the taste, if you do not have to?

I believe that practically all of the e-cig users do have to, because they are addicts (courtesy of the Big Tobacco). The whole idea seems to me like thinking of injecting placebo, because the ...... scene seems to ne nice when looked at from the ouside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread