New Super Concentrated Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
"All our flavors are made with ingredients that are FDA certified for use in food.", from the Flavor Apprentice site and all the other vendors have similar statements.

Since vaping is under attack by the FDA, I have trouble believing that the FDA is going to approve flavoring for inhalation.

Now, if there is a new flavorist that is opening shop and distributing through a vape vendor, that's a good thing.

(I do find the thread a tease though.)

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Based on my reviews of 3 flavor concentrates and jimi's review and a few other select vapers. The vender has decided to order in larger quantities for resale as flavor concentrates. These are fda approved flavors. However I agree with hoosier on fda approved for food..

They have enough flavor concentrates to mix and sell premixed juice just not enough for flavor concentrate sales yet. My best guess is a week to ten days

And this is a registered vender here on ecf. However they are only allowed to post in certain area's here on ecf. They do want to post until they have the stock to sell

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
vz flavors.jpg Here are the 2 flavors I received to test.

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
I find this thread a bit amusing. Super concentrated flavors are not a good or bad thing as super concentrated can be a good or bad thing, depending on the mix you are working on. For example, many concentrated flavors require dilution before being able to be used. TPA m-type or tobacco extract are an example. You end up having to dilute the flavors anyway in order to use them. Super concentrated may mean more usable product in a smaller volume, but thats all. And, really, its not that big a deal unless it saves you money.
More important is the flavor itself. Does it have presence in the mouth? Does it have weird aftertastes? is it a pain to work with? does it blend well with other flavors? Are they more natural tasting or more artificial? These are the things that matter most.
Some of my favorite flavors are very concentrated, some are not. Its rarely what I am thinking about when mixing.
So I don't really understand this thread.

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
What would really excite me is a vendor that actually tests its flavors for toxicity in inhalation. Extremely expensive, but that would be a major breakthrough. If a vendor came up with good flavors, with some - even if minimal- testing on the safety of its ingredients, that would be something I'd pay a premium for.
Short of that its all food flavorings at various concentrations.
Of course I welcome a new vendor and any new flavors we can add to our palette. I'll be trying them myself soon as I see some more reviews.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
if a flavor isnt really expensive, i dont mind that i have to use a little more to get my desired vape.. ie flavorwest.. i dont mind paying a little more either as long as it keeps me off of analogs and vaping...so if a flavor is not concentrated, it doesnt bother me.

and taste is so subjective, you may find that it has floral notes, i may not...you may find a perfumey flavor, i may not...all in our own taste buds and sense of smell... of the few capellas i have tried only two so far i would buy again, same goes for TFA, a few that i would buy...fw a few i would buy.... my own tastes.

just curious with vapingzone, did they give you the ingredients in their flavorings as far as safety for vaping... we have seen vendors on here just trying to make a dollar..not saying thats what they are doing just curious

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
What would really excite me is a vendor that actually tests its flavors for toxicity in inhalation. Extremely expensive, but that would be a major breakthrough. If a vendor came up with good flavors, with some - even if minimal- testing on the safety of its ingredients, that would be something I'd pay a premium for.
Short of that its all food flavorings at various concentrations.
Of course I welcome a new vendor and any new flavors we can add to our palette. I'll be trying them myself soon as I see some more reviews.

Same here. This indeed would be great.

And I'm hoping it will happen eventually.

But I'm sure you realize this takes two things far more expensive than moneyz.

Loads of time, and scientific integrity.

And based on the antics we've seen over the years, the FDA and medical community seem to have neither in abundance.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
This the list sent to me by the vender. These are ordered awaiting shipment. Their best guess is less than 2 weeks....

All of the tobacco flavors on the site
Seven Stars
Cappuccino
French Pipe
Clove
Green Tea
Chocolate
Milk Chocolate
Apple
Red Bull
Lemon
Melon