Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Vapingzone does sell larger bottles of flavor. It might make the shipping costs more worth while for you ??

I asked Xian Xiangfu Agricultural Technology Co., Ltd. if they are the supplier of these concentrates. Unfortunately she said that they are not the supplier of vapingzone.

I really want to bring it here in our country, any idea who the supplier of these concentrates? Buying straight from vapingzone is very expensive and the shipping cost of these items is a killer.

I want to start a business here selling concentrates but the $399 / liter + shipping + tax, I estimate that it will add up to $550 / liter. That won't do here in Philippines. People who buy concentrates are not very rich, they want to save money. The typical market price / liter here is $100-$150.

So I really want to know who the supplier of vapingzone super concentrates. I know it came from China. Shipping from China to Philippines will be cheaper and I avoid the redundant tax in US.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I dont see alot wrong with that setup. The kanger bottom coil protank is a great device. I think less is better too much flavor does not make the flavor more pronounced..... For max flavor maybe you should look into a dripper? JimiD is a dripper maybe he has some ideas for you on a dripper??

Been using 70/30 pg/vg 12mg nic using a protank 2.2ohm and also tried in a 2.9 boge cart in a tank around 5.5 watts to 6.5 watts

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I tried the SC from VZ and about like everything else, found that they do not taste anything like the flavors I am familiar with, having used real food and beverage flavors. Some of the SC, even at ultra-low percentages, smell/taste like artificial cough syrup/pharmaceutical flavorings. I expected as much, for every time an artificial or sub-pure flavor was substituted in food products, I did not care for the result. Take plain vanilla for instance. When buying extracts, real vanilla will taste reliably like true vanilla. The imitation vanilla may have a somewhat vanilla scent, but may leave an aftertaste that resembles what play-doh smells like. This holds true for just about all of the top recommended flavors I have tried. The nutty flavors will taste candied and cooked, like marzipan or brittle, but nothing like a pure extract.

Every recipe or single flavor I have tried from Capella, LA, TFA, VZ and FA do not relate as "gourmet" to me and I would not use them in foods outside of candy perhaps. I have made some good vapable favorites from them, but it would not be distinguishable as a true flavor. For that, I find using true, natural flavors a much better bet and with a more predictable result, at least as far as fruit and bakery flavors are concerned.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I tried the SC from VZ and about like everything else, found that they do not taste anything like the flavors I am familiar with, having used real food and beverage flavors. Some of the SC, even at ultra-low percentages, smell/taste like artificial cough syrup/pharmaceutical flavorings. I expected as much, for every time an artificial or sub-pure flavor was substituted in food products, I did not care for the result. Take plain vanilla for instance. When buying extracts, real vanilla will taste reliably like true vanilla. The imitation vanilla may have a somewhat vanilla scent, but may leave an aftertaste that resembles what play-doh smells like. This holds true for just about all of the top recommended flavors I have tried. The nutty flavors will taste candied and cooked, like marzipan or brittle, but nothing like a pure extract.

Every recipe or single flavor I have tried from Capella, LA, TFA, VZ and FA do not relate as "gourmet" to me and I would not use them in foods outside of candy perhaps. I have made some good vapable favorites from them, but it would not be distinguishable as a true flavor. For that, I find using true, natural flavors a much better bet and with a more predictable result, at least as far as fruit and bakery flavors are concerned.
Which natural flavorings do you use? I'm very interested. Thanks :)

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
Which natural flavorings do you use? I'm very interested. Thanks :)

I use Nature's Flavors organic coffee/tea flavors for the most part and stick with what I know from baking etc. Most are predictable. I use their flavors for cooking as well and find them to be of professional strength and quality. I use the concentrates in gum base for baking and the coffee/tea line for vaping.

Typically in cooking, I would only use an extract or concentrate when I cannot get the actual raw ingredients. I tend to use actual vanilla beans when I can, for instance, and the extract would be considered the next best thing, so I don't have high expectations to start with concerning flavorings. But, I have found that some flavors transcend well into concentrates such as liqueurs and some spices and floral teas so that's what I stick with.

Berries and fruit to me is hit and miss in liquid flavor form and I consider them to be more of an essence than a true accurate flavor. Take blueberry for example. To eat a blueberry, you have to eat the berry and the skin at the same time but separately if you get what I mean. This is very hard to do in a liquid. You can't just press the skins and berries together and expect the same effect of flavor as you would eating a real berry.

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I use Nature's Flavors organic coffee/tea flavors for the most part and stick with what I know from baking etc. Most are predictable. I use their flavors for cooking as well and find them to be of professional strength and quality. I use the concentrates in gum base for baking and the coffee/tea line for vaping.

Typically in cooking, I would only use an extract or concentrate when I cannot get the actual raw ingredients. I tend to use actual vanilla beans when I can, for instance, and the extract would be considered the next best thing, so I don't have high expectations to start with concerning flavorings. But, I have found that some flavors transcend well into concentrates such as liqueurs and some spices and floral teas so that's what I stick with.

Berries and fruit to me is hit and miss in liquid flavor form and I consider them to be more of an essence than a true accurate flavor. Take blueberry for example. To eat a blueberry, you have to eat the berry and the skin at the same time but separately if you get what I mean. This is very hard to do in a liquid. You can't just press the skins and berries together and expect the same effect of flavor as you would eating a real berry.
Nice info. What's your favorite bakery flavor, and what percentage do you use? I like my flavors 1-3%

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
Nice info. What's your favorite bakery flavor, and what percentage do you use? I like my flavors 1-3%

I would have to say Amaretto and vanilla. Same with food extracts. I can use those two by themselves. Amaretto I use at around 15-17% in 100% VG. Vanilla is potent and I use that by the drop. Outside of bakery flavor, their Chai tea is awesome IMO.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I would have to say Amaretto and vanilla. Same with food extracts. I can use those two by themselves. Amaretto I use at around 15-17% in 100% VG. Vanilla is potent and I use that by the drop. Outside of bakery flavor, their Chai tea is awesome IMO.
Thanks TamJeff. I'm going to order some. I love Chai Tea.

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
Chai tea you can use all by itself too. I use that at around 10-12% in all VG and will use it as an all day vape until the 30 ml I make at a time is gone. I like light flavors, throat hit and huge clouds of vapor. The VG adds just the right amount and type of sweetness for light bakery flavors, I think, taste being subjective as it is.

Sorry about the thread drift. I had just tried the super concentrates, which is what initially brought me to this thread.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Chai tea you can use all by itself too. I use that at around 10-12% in all VG and will use it as an all day vape until the 30 ml I make at a time is gone. I like light flavors, throat hit and huge clouds of vapor. The VG adds just the right amount and type of sweetness for light bakery flavors, I think, taste being subjective as it is.

Sorry about the thread drift. I had just tried the super concentrates, which is what initially brought me to this thread.
Awesome ! I'll start around 6% since I'm a high PG person.

No worries. I like all flavoring manufacturers. I like sharing. Thanks again :)

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La

So what natural flavors do you use because I am spending alot of money trying to find natural tasting juice. Please share your resource with me. You can PM me if you like. Thank you

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
So what natural flavors do you use because I am spending alot of money trying to find natural tasting juice. Please share your resource with me. You can PM me if you like. Thank you

Google "Nature's Flavours." Take my suggestion lightly. I only need a few true flavors and it just so happens the flavors I like translate well thru extracts. I don't know about the fruits and berries and such. I normally use the raw version of those type things for cooking.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There

jcmios

May 7, 2013
NE Iowa

TamJeff:
Can you share your Nature's Flavors coffee percentage. I really like a good strong coffee and have only found a few that don't turn to tar before getting a strong flavor. Adding cream and other flavors is fine as long as the coffee stands out.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread