New to the forum - Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychologica

Aug 25, 2016
Hi Guys

New to the forum, well... I've read it but not contributed until today.

MTL vaper for about 4 years (only one cigarette in that time to realise I didn't ever want to go back), running an istick Pico with a joyetech Cubis - RY4 / tobacco flavours mostly. Enjoy the throat hit so rarely go above 50% VG. Not a cloud chaser.

Always looking for new recommendations, tanks, flavours etc.

Amazing how fast this technology is improving vs. the first vapestick I bought (that looked like a little silver cigarette - and didn't have ANY flavour or throat hit).

Reactions: BrotherBob

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Where are you? If you are in the UK one of your priorities needs to be DIY liquids.
The clock is ticking on buying Nicotine base....
Personally, I'm unconvinced on the Cubis for MTL. Have you considered something entirely rebuildable?
We don't know what will legally be on sale soon, but a couple of Kayfuns as insurance would be a good idea.
Is a vapestick like a generic thing or Vapestick the brand?

Huge Welcome to ECF. :)

Psychologica

Aug 25, 2016
Hi, thanks for the lovely welcome.

Yep London based. I'd be keen on DIY and rebuilds but haven't done a great deal of research into it (and it looks complicated).

My concerns with DIY liquids were moderating the nicotine intake, but it would make a great deal of sense (presumably in both personalising the flavour and cost-effectiveness). I'll scan through the forum to see if there's a handy guide for this.

Rebuilding atomizers / coils looks particularly tricky, but I'd consider it if the options are way better than getting prepaid.

Cubis is probably the best tank I've used for MTL, closely followed by the ego one mega (also Joeyetech) but I've only fairly recently been looking at MTL tanks exclusively. Cubis does have a flavour (or lack of) issue though - and a bit of gurgling /spitting every now and then.

Vapestick is a brand, first ecig I bought which was a clone of a normal cigarette (i.e. draw to activate / cartridges etc) - they've branched out into mods etc now it seems.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My concerns with DIY liquids were moderating the nicotine intake, but it would make a great deal of sense (presumably in both personalising the flavour and cost-effectiveness). I'll scan through the forum to see if there's a handy guide for this.

It's dead easy to get the right strength.
Personalizing and cost-effectiveness, sure.... but that's not why you need to DIY. You NEED to DIY when there's no liquid on sale other than at £8-£10 per bottle (10ml) and only 20mg maximum and less flavours than Mr Whippy's Vanilla ice cream.
Yep... Vapestick, I thought as much. A much-despised company across the board. NOT a vaping company any more. US businessmen (failing at it too) who also own many rip-off brands. (You won't see these, they are in America)

Subtank Mini has a rebuildable option and with the version 2 base is quite a decent MTL.
Look on Fasttech, go for the top fill versions.

:)

Reactions: Psychologica

Psychologica

Aug 25, 2016
It's dead easy to get the right strength.
Personalizing and cost-effectiveness, sure.... but that's not why you need to DIY. You NEED to DIY when there's no liquid on sale other than at £8-£10 per bottle (10ml) and only 20mg maximum and less flavours than Mr Whippy's Vanilla ice cream.
Yep... Vapestick, I thought as much. A much-despised company across the board. NOT a vaping company any more. US businessmen (failing at it too) who also own many rip-off brands. (You won't see these, they are in America)

Subtank Mini has a rebuildable option and with the version 2 base is quite a decent MTL.
Look on Fasttech, go for the top fill versions.

:)

Took the plunge on the DIY liquid, have some kit coming today/tomorrow and I shall experiment away. Thinking of making a rum & cola flavour... let's see how it comes out. I've heard the trial and error on this results in some truly horrific concoctions.

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Took the plunge on the DIY liquid, have some kit coming today/tomorrow and I shall experiment away. Thinking of making a rum & cola flavour... let's see how it comes out. I've heard the trial and error on this results in some truly horrific concoctions.
That sounds quite exciting, maybe throw a little lime at that and get a cuba libre on the go? Quite tempted to experiment with that myself now. No doubt there will be some iffy results a long the way but that is part of learning anything. Also welcome :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Yes it can, but that's when you get ahead of yourself.
1 flavor is rarely good (unless you get lucky or it's a 'one-shot')
2 flavors is good, as you can go low-ish with both numbers, check it out (vape some) and add the one that's weakest or you feel is lacking.
3 flavors is often very nice too. I'm working on a 4 flavor to put on the recipe site.

Personally, I don't buy the "add 0.02% of this" so tend to avoid that. I call that tinkering around the edges of something which is basically un-taste-able. A few drops of EM or Menthol, maybe.

Reactions: Psychologica

Psychologica

Aug 25, 2016
Yes it can, but that's when you get ahead of yourself.
1 flavor is rarely good (unless you get lucky or it's a 'one-shot')
2 flavors is good, as you can go low-ish with both numbers, check it out (vape some) and add the one that's weakest or you feel is lacking.
3 flavors is often very nice too. I'm working on a 4 flavor to put on the recipe site.

Personally, I don't buy the "add 0.02% of this" so tend to avoid that. I call that tinkering around the edges of something which is basically un-taste-able. A few drops of EM or Menthol, maybe.

Oh no, just read this! I've just finished my first attempts, Apple (1 flavour), RY4 (1 flavour) and Rum & Cola (2 flavours - and I definitely overdid it by accident).

50/50% 12mg. I'll give them a bit of time and then report back on how foul they are.

Was fun trying to get the VG up a narrow syringe needle until I realised it was impossible...

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Oh no, just read this! I've just finished my first attempts, Apple (1 flavour), RY4 (1 flavour) and Rum & Cola (2 flavours - and I definitely overdid it by accident).

50/50% 12mg. I'll give them a bit of time and then report back on how foul they are.

Was fun trying to get the VG up a narrow syringe needle until I realised it was impossible...

Yup. Wide gauge needle time. Or ladle it in to your mixing beaker. :eek:

Tonight's effort - Tobacco, Chocolate and hint of Coconut (done before only wanted to leave out the Caramel Candy).
Also made "Double fruit mix with Menthol" (not for me you understand!).

It's fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread