Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Hi and welcome.

First, before getting into it, I'm hoping that you've been reading on things, such as how to measure, stepping, mixing, etc.

You need a calculator such as: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Then look up recipes (there are multiple site), here's a fairly common/popular one: http://tinyurl.com/lxr7l6s

You should check recipes first before ordering to provide you with what flavours you need to go for, but mind you, it's completely up to you to mix and match according to your taste.

Bases are normally PG / VP which either you mix together yourself but some places will do the blending for you, and the nicotine in any type of blend depending where you get it from. I tend to recommend going with 50/50 for the nicotine so that it simply mixes better.

As I read your post, if you only got a nicotine blend of 36mg to use as your base, then it's going to be way too strong, you'll need to get VG/PG and balance it out. The calculator can be set with all the parameters and will be quite simple to work with and adjust as needed. You should get the more standard 48mg, as while you can go with 100mg, it's all about being able to mix it properly as you don't want "hot spots" in your liquid.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcfluegel

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I have done alot of reading and looking up recipes. And i think i had it figured out but then i orderd the 36 mg of a 70/30 base. And after placing the order i knew i had made the wrong purchase. So what i need to do is get enougj of the base 70/30 without nicotine to take that down to a 12 nicotine?
yup, that is correct.

Note that if you're a "purist", that your flavours are also either VG or PG (usually most are PG), so that will modify your ratio.

You could (in a bind) check in pharmacies for VG bottles (try to aim for the food/medical grave of glycerin that's 99+%.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
There's very little "wrong" way to do it. It's all about playing with it. Some flavours go well together, other's don't, too many of one type can cancel each other out.

Check recommended percentage of flavouring to use to get an idea, but it does come down to what you'll like.

Some will "steep" in a few days, others can take weeks, some will be best between a range of days and weeks (or months) while others get better with more time.

You can warm your mix a bit at first to stir if you want it easier to mix, but don't use heat as much as possible as it affects the nicotine and some flavours, and keep yourself the amount that you're using out, but for long term storage, put your nicotine in the freezer (it will not freeze) as cold and dark makes your nicotine stay stable longer.

Another note about nicotine, oxygen is bad for it... so try to not have too much air get into the liquid, so as you mix, fill the bottles with just enough space to be able to shake and mix, or use other devices, as long as you get as little air in the liquid as possible. I use a small stirrer (a milk frother type) that I keep low in the liquid and work it, avoiding to grab air as I move it in the liquid.

At 36mg, that could be high enough to be harmful if you are sensitive to nicotine, so don't get it on your skin as much as possible, but since some people actually vape at that level, I wouldn't worry too much, but just a precaution.

Make sure that this is out of children and animals reach at all times.

All basic common sense stuff really.

I would highly recommend, go with single flavours (small bottles/amounts) for you to get a taste of how they are for you.

If you don't have a dripper (RDA) already, it's almost a must-have to test things out.

With these, you get to try the single flavours, and then you can mix a few drops in the dripper and see what you would like to combine.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Hi, Lisa. Welcome to ECF.

It is always best to buy your nicotine in 100% PG or 100% VG but, it will not be too hard to get what you have where you need to be.

Please do make sure that you only use USP grade PG and/or VG. :)
Food grade can have impurities that are not safe for vaping.

rlisa

Oct 28, 2016
There's very little "wrong" way to do it. It's all about playing with it. Some flavours go well together, other's don't, too many of one type can cancel each other out.

Check recommended percentage of flavouring to use to get an idea, but it does come down to what you'll like.

Some will "steep" in a few days, others can take weeks, some will be best between a range of days and weeks (or months) while others get better with more time.

You can warm your mix a bit at first to stir if you want it easier to mix, but don't use heat as much as possible as it affects the nicotine and some flavours, and keep yourself the amount that you're using out, but for long term storage, put your nicotine in the freezer (it will not freeze) as cold and dark makes your nicotine stay stable longer.

At 36mg, that could be high enough to be harmful if you are sensitive to nicotine, so don't get it on your skin as much as possible, but since some people actually vape at that level, I wouldn't worry too much, but just a precaution.

Make sure that this is out of children and animals reach at all times.

All basic common sense stuff really.

I would highly recommend, go with single flavours (small bottles/amounts) for you to get a taste of how they are for you.

If you don't have a dripper (RDA) already, it's almost a must-have to test things out.

With these, you get to try the single flavours, and then you can mix a few drops in the dripper and see what you would like to combine.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
It's ok, you're not sunk.
My opinion is that you should order a bottle of VG and a bottle of PG.
Once they arrive, use a juice calculator (they're free and online), to make your blend.
For example,
If you want to make 30ml of juice @ 12mg nicotine @ 70/30 VG/PG using 36mg nicotine, you input it like this:
upload_2016-10-28_11-11-47.png

Of course these are only guidelines to show the ease of use with a calculator. I have no idea what the mixing percentage for your flavoring you bought. Most flavorings suggest between 6-8% and I find that too weak so I make mine at around 12 +
But in the end, you can use 10ml of your nicotine base, 14ml of VG & 2.4ml of PG to make a 30ml bottle of 12mg juice.
Hope this helps some. I know it can be daunting but if I can do it, anybody can.
Above all, BE SAFE!
Vape on!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok thank you so much. I know i will get it together just need to learn the beginning steps. And real confused on how to start with my base. I dont know if its best to start with pre made or just go full force and mix it all.

You are doing Fine. And some confusion when you 1st start is Perfectly Normal.

rlisa

Oct 28, 2016
It's ok, you're not sunk.
My opinion is that you should order a bottle of VG and a bottle of PG.
Once they arrive, use a juice calculator (they're free and online), to make your blend.
For example,
If you want to make 30ml of juice @ 12mg nicotine @ 70/30 VG/PG using 36mg nicotine, you input it like this:
View attachment 610155
Of course these are only guidelines to show the ease of use with a calculator. I have no idea what the mixing percentage for your flavoring you bought. Most flavorings suggest between 6-8% and I find that too weak so I make mine at around 12 +
But in the end, you can use 10ml of your nicotine base, 14ml of VG & 2.4ml of PG to make a 30ml bottle of 12mg juice.
Hope this helps some. I know it can be daunting but if I can do it, anybody can.
Above all, BE SAFE!
Vape on!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
@rlisa

You did the RIGHT thing. We should all be buying the strongest liquid we can before the vaping world falls apart. Yes, you need to dilute it, but that makes it a good buy.

I buy 72mg to make (diluted) 5 or 6 mg. Shortly, in the UK, it will be illegal to buy and sell this stuff. That's when the government can wipe out vaping for all but the most prepared.

Sad, but true. The Nicotine base is the ONE supply we are buying in as large amounts are money (and our freezers) will allow. :)

Reactions: Sylvie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread