Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi everyone! I'm new to all of this and have a question. I have the KangerTech dripbox and I am looking for the prebuilt coils. Not the ones Kangertech offers but some I can just put it in myself. my question is what Ohms do I need . What kind of wire. and in what gauge. Appreciate the help!!
Welcome to ecf.

What kind of base are using to put the coil wire in yourself?

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm new to all of this and have a question. I have the KangerTech dripbox and I am looking for the prebuilt coils. Not the ones Kangertech offers but some I can just put it in myself. my question is what Ohms do I need . What kind of wire. and in what gauge. Appreciate the help!!

Hi @Tkt72 , and welcome to ECF. Glad to see you here. A lot of people, including myself, have had good luck with a place called Advanced Vaping Supply. Guy named Stuart is very helpful. I buy spools and wrap my own, but he sells prebuilt coils ready to install too. Give em a call and tell them what gear you have, and what you like in terms of warmth, and they will steer you right.

Advanced Vape Supply

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Hi Tkt72. Welcome to the ECF.

Hard to say what Ohms you might like. Just remember that with Dual Coil set-up, your Total Ohms is 1/2 what the Ohms are for each Coil.

Exm: To run a .5 Ohm Dual Coil set-up, you need TWO 1.0 Ohms Coils

I buy my Pre-Made Coils from Fasttech. But they are a Chinese Company so it takes awhile for them to get to me. Don't Buy from Fasttech if you are in a hurry.

As for Wire Type/Guage? I Like NiChrome 80 or 316/316L Stainless Steel. Around 26ga for NiChrome 80 and 28ga for Stainless Steel.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
so for a .2 resistance I would need two .4 ohm coils?

BTW - For a Single Battery Unregulated device like a DripBox 60w, you should stay at or Above .25 Ohms and Only Use a 20 Amp (or Better) Constant Discharge Battery.

If you build Lower than .25 Ohms, there is a Realistic chance you could Exceed the Amp Draw of a Single Battery.

So if you want to run Dual Coils and use Pre-Coiled Coils, you should be looking for .5 Ohms (or Higher) Individual Coils.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
BTW - For a Single Battery Unregulated device like a DripBox 60w, you should stay at or Above .25 Ohms and Only Use a 20 Amp (or Better) Constant Discharge Battery.

If you build Lower than .25 Ohms, there is a Realistic chance you could Exceed the Amp Draw of a Single Battery.

So if you want to run Dual Coils and use Pre-Coiled Coils, you should be looking for .5 Ohms (or Higher) Individual Coils.
Sorry to be "that guy" tonight, but FYI, the Dripbox 60 is regulated to 60w and comes prebuilt with a .2 ohm build on it. Not sure I'd want to go below .2 ohms anyway, but with the regulation you could do so.
I've got a raised .7 ohm build on mine for the record. Raising the coils closer to the air holes, near the top of the terminal studs, really helps with the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread