Newest Study Funded By Big Pharma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious about this and was trying to find someone to explain it to me.

I know that Johnson & Johnson make NRT products as well as GlaxoSmithKline do as well. However there was a study in Feb 2017 that came to the conclusion that vaping was 97% safer than smoking which im sure you may have heard of.

Long-term vaping 'far safer than smoking' says 'landmark' study

The study also includes NRT but it seems to really glorify vaping the most, even in the headline. If you go to the bottom and click on the "Links to science" hyperlink (which i will provide below here for convenience), it will take you to a page and just under that page's headline there is another link called "disclosure information" that opens a small window and shows you that the research was funded by various cancer research and heart health research organizations but then they talk about the scientist who did the study getting money from Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline to conduct this research.

E-Cigarettes and Toxin Exposure | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians

Here's my question. Now, i have heard things about Johnson & Johnson having something to do with the FDA in regulating the use of E cigs, so why would these companies be putting money in the pockets of people who actually did the e cig industry a massive favor by conducting the 97% safer study? What the heck is going on with that? Wouldn't they lose revenue from NRT sales? Or is there even more shadyness going on here? Like They're banking on the fact that somehow these e cigs will make us sick and then they can get their money from us in pharmaceuticals. Which means they left information out of the study. I know i sound like the conspiracy type here but i just wanted to hear someone else's angle on this. Feelin like im on to something. Lol.

EDIT- Links were removed but you can copy n paste headlines into google to find the study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread