Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi :)
What you have done (in my opinion) is gone from cig-a-likes to a better e-cig and are probably overdoing it (Nicotine level). Cig-a-likes barely work... so guessing you quit smoking using them, I would say you could have double or tripled your nicotine without realising.
I can vape without feeling much in the way of nicotine using cig-a-likes (24mg E-Lites, 16mg Nicolites) and puff almost as much on a 48mg Vype e-cig. These products are useless.

(I use 6mg or 12mg max)

So, well done for asking on here.

Combine the symptoms of quitting smoking, with inadvertently taking in too much Nicotine and this could probably explain it all.

Incidentally - who/what is your reputable firm?

Reactions: Vicky Vape

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Vicky,

If you're using 18 mg now, I would recommend trying 12 mg or possibly even 6 mg. It really doesn't take much to bring on the nicotine overdose. You won't notice much difference in the throat hit from the lower nicotine levels. In fact, once you get used to it, you will actually prefer the smoother vape. I started with 24 mg in the blu Plus (which is like a cigalike, but with the performance of a clearomizer). When I switched to the Halo Triton, I stayed with 24 mg and did get some nicotine overdoses the first couple of days. Once I started using Nautilus Mini's and box mods, I dropped down to 15 mg (I mixed some 24 mg juice with 6 mg juice in a 1:1 ratio). And when I moved up to subohm tanks, I dropped to 6 mg, which is where I am now. If I try using higher nic juices now with my subohm tanks, the nicotine just burns my throat too much.

Whichever level you choose, just remember that it is much easier to bump up the nicotine level by adding some higher nicotine juices than it is to lower the levels.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm inclined to agree with djsvapour. The pen is delivering nic more efficiently than the cig-a-like. Lower your nic on the refill.

viannen_01.gif

welcome.gif
Welcome!
welcome.gif

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I disagree with this. I've run everything from 100% pg to 100% VG and that never affected the throat hit that much. I've also run from 0 nic all the way up to 30. That makes a huge difference in the throat hit.

You can disagree if you like, but you're the exception, not the norm.

PG also produces a stronger throat hit, similar to that of tobacco cigarettes.
Propylene Glycol vs. Vegetable Glycerin E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings

PG is known to produce a great throat hit,
PG vs. VG-based E-Liquid Mixtures - Perfecting Throat Hit, Consistency, and Vapor Production

Throat hit questions. | E-Cigarette Forum

PG-based e-juices produce highest flavor intensity and throat hit
Tutorial: Propylene Glycol (PG) vs. Vegetable Glycerin (VG) E-juice

I could give you a thousand more links all saying the same. PG is what produces the throat hit in ecig juice. Nicotine only has a minor effect on throat hit and most people don't notice the difference between a 12mg and 18mg juice at all.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
most people don't notice the difference between a 12mg and 18mg juice at all.
And the key word is "Most" ;)

Different people react different ways to 'most' all things

Nic does affect throat hit...for me. I actually don't like the stronger TH (throat hit) that nic gives me or the affect on my tongue. Which is a good thing for me, helps me drop my nic when it starts to feel too strong. ;)

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
And the key word is "Most" ;)

Different people react different ways to 'most' all things

Nic does affect throat hit...for me. I actually don't like the stronger TH (throat hit) that nic gives me or the affect on my tongue. Which is a good thing for me, helps me drop my nic when it starts to feel too strong. ;)
From what I've seen around these forums, a lot of people notice a correspondence between throat hit and nic levels. It's also attributed to PG levels, but from what I've seen, not nearly as much as the nic is.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
The main thing in my opinion is your own experience, because of all the variables in not just how often or how efficient your vape device is, but also How you inhale. For throat hit, I have found different flavors can even make a bit of difference, pg/vg ratio and nicotine level being the same. Just don't give up on your vape pen, try new experiences (lower nicotine level first and foremost)! There is a good article on the main New Members page about inhaling and nicotine absorption that shows how different people absorb nicotine at vastly different levels. Inhalation technique with an e-cigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

Don't be afraid to try new juices either, even if you get a few duds, you will learn what won't work for you and still save tons over smokes in the long run.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
First if you are having medical issues, GO TO A DOCTOR. Not an Electronic Cigarette forum.

Could vaping be the cause or contributing to what ever problem you are having, YES. You might just need to adjust the PG/VG ratio or nic level, maybe even flavoring type. You could also have cancer. Just saying.

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
Well thanks again.
With all the links provided I have lots of bedtime reads for tonight.
And tomorrow, I will purchase some lower level nic liquid and try it for a few days.
Captain Pegleg....really cute pic....rant you a bit young to be on here?
Just returned to my cartomisers I filled before and 2 have leaked, probably over filled in the hope of getting a really good hit from them, I know though, it dosnt work that way
djsvapour, am I allowed to name the make I use on here? Don't want to get banned, I've only just joined.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
From what I've seen around these forums, a lot of people notice a correspondence between throat hit and nic levels. It's also attributed to PG levels, but from what I've seen, not nearly as much as the nic is.

the reason is that Nicotine is mostly carried in a solution of PG fluid.. So when you adjust the nic level, in most cases you by default are also adjusting the PG level of the juice.... From what I can tell VG based nicotine is NEW to the market. Using VG itself is NEW to the market. So it follow that VG based flavors and Nic would also be new.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
the reason is that Nicotine is mostly carried in a solution of PG fluid.. So when you adjust the nic level, in most cases you by default are also adjusting the PG level of the juice.... From what I can tell VG based nicotine is NEW to the market. Using VG itself is NEW to the market. So it follow that VG based flavors and Nic would also be new.
Noooo...... Everything else is adjusted to keep the same ratios of pg/vg. 50/50 liquid in 3mg has no more pg in it than 50/50 liquid in 30mg.......

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
PG ratio affects throat hit pretty heavily as most have said, and countless confirm such as myself with testimony, especially if you are a mouth to lung hitter. I came from a pack a day 2 months ago for 8 years. Let me tell you, if you have a device that does sub ohm vaping with high output, you will instantly feel the difference between 12 or 18 or even 3 and 6. especially with pg heavy juice.

The problem you faced till now is your device isn't allowing you to experience the throat hit you crave because it cannot output the vapor amount in the time you hope for. So you substituted for a somewhat average to high nicotine concentration(relatively speaking). I also got these headaches you spoke of and nausea back in the day when I would go and smoke hookah with friends at a cafe. I would be careless and though hookah was mild since I smoked so much cigarettes. I would proceed to take the longest lung hits to cloud up the place, after about 10 of those literally in a row, I felt like I was losing consciousness. I didn't do the simple math of how much nicotine on average by volume I was taking in by doing something like that.

Btw down to 3 MG as of now, 6 MG if I really have no choice (like ANML juice line)

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
Everyone seems to be contradicting each other.
So, I shall take my chances, if I feel nausea tonight so be it.
I have had a few pulls, and I mean I have to suck like crazy, on my cig alike, a new cartomiser, and ok, it works, but not to any great satisfaction, I have then taken my shisha pen, filled with same liquid and had 2 goes on it, it works perfectly, BUT, I could well, if I have any more, feel ill later.
It seems to make sense to me to purchase the same liquid but with a lower nic level and fill my CE4, am I right in saying then, that I will get the same vapour and hit but am actually taking in less nicotine and therefore won't feel ill?

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
It seems to make sense to me to purchase the same liquid but with a lower nic level and fill my CE4, am I right in saying then, that I will get the same vapour and hit but am actually taking in less nicotine and therefore won't feel ill?

I can almost guarantee you will feel less of the sickening feel if you take a lower nicotine concentration and use it on the same device. If that doesn't work, then you might have a sensitivity to something else that we hope is not the case.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
am I allowed to name the make I use on here?

Yes you can name the maker. If it is an unscrupulous vendor, we are pretty good at censoring the names out. There are a few out there. ;)

Because we all react differently to many different things :D
What works for one, doesn't work for the other. What one tastes in something, the other person doesn't taste it...etc.. there is NO hard and fast rule when it comes to this. That is what makes this device Work for so many people! It can be tailored to what YOU need as an individual.

Finding that right combination is the hard part. Once you get it.... you are golden....

Until it changes up on you, like taste buds coming back to life LOL

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
djsvapour, am I allowed to name the make I use on here? Don't want to get banned, I've only just joined.

You can mention whoever you like with certain no-nos like blatant advertising or a deliberate negative review (that sort of thing). Worst case, someone will step in and it's best not to take anything personally. I've been pulled over before and shown the odd yellow card. Being outspoken about bad vendors (rip-offs or false claims) is one of my main hobbies!

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
I really have no complaints with the company, jacvapour, excellent liquids but I need to order lower strength. One thing I find strange, the 4 cartomisers I spoke of earlier now seem to work fine, this isn't just today this happens a lot, one minute they seem rubbish, I put them aside and when I use hours later they are fine, that's why I don't immediately throw them away, or is this because in the day time I need a bigger hit / more nic, and by evening this has evened out and I think the cartomiser is better but in reality I really don't crave as much, I would still rather has my shisha so will get those lower mg liquids and see how that goes.
Amazing responses on here and very helpful.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I really have no complaints with the company, jacvapour, excellent liquids but I need to order lower strength.

Oh dear.
I wasted a lot of money on their products back in the day when they were selling cig-a-likes.
They are too expensive. Everything they sell is available elsewhere for much less money. I hate them. End of story.

..(damn, that didn't go so well)..

You'll be fine with their liquids. I'm not so sure about your wallet in a year or so.

:)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Oh.... I've just remembered.

Go back to 2012, around October. I couldn't stop smoking and found this exact forum (ECF) to ask why things were so bad with JacVapour V3 e-cigs. I was charging like a mad man, filling up crappy cartomisers 2 or 3 times a day with up to 24 mg and still smoking.
A lady called Chrissie found me and got me over to AAEC-UK.
That marked the start of a long journey.... and I'm still here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread