Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I don't think I have any from carolina ___ (can't see the name while typing) is it worthwhile getting? I think I've covered the bases with most others now. Vapers Tek was one of the last major supplier to collect.

I don't have Heartland but I haven't really heard of a reason it's a must have yet. There's a local supplier too that I haven't checked out. Hmmm ... I do still have more to go.

I have
Nic Select
Wizard Labs
RTS
MFS
Liquid Barn
Ecigxpress
Nude Nic
Vapor's Tek
And I haven't gotten into them yet.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Boy Howdy, are you planning on starting a business and opening up shop in "The Valley of the Sun" ?? You sure got a good enough selection there. ;)

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
So you're saying that any vendor to vendor differences that there might be would be lost in those variables that you listed so as to Not be a deciding factor on the purchase of PG and/or VG. I should just look for a good deal and not worry about which vendor to get it from ? O.K. I can go with that. Less hassle for me is always a good thing, and I agree about the flavor changing during the same tank full of juice, if that is what your saying, because I have noticed that happen from time to time.
I of course have not tried all brands of pg and vg only about 5 different, and many also would disagree with me on this, but yeah, my opinion is that MOST vg and pg as long as it's USP or EP grade, should really be the same UNLESS the vendor screws something up doing production, which I think would be rare and it then would likelly not live up to spec testing against USP/EP...

Reactions: 52anddone

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I of course have not tried all brands of pg and vg only about 5 different, and many also would disagree with me on this, but yeah, my opinion is that MOST vg and pg as long as it's USP or EP grade, should really be the same UNLESS the vendor screws something up doing production, which I think would be rare and it then would likelly not live up to spec testing against USP/EP...

I've noticed subtle differences with vg. Some is cloudy, thicker and some is clear as water and runny. I think some vendors add % of dw to make vg more workable, which isn't a bad thing. I just wish they'd note it and how much when they do.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've been grabbing a cheap liter of PG and/or VG from Essential Depot through Amazon for the last couple years, using Prime with free shipping. Quality has been good and consistent. We go through about 5000ml of approximately 50/50 liquid a year, so those quantities are handy and freshness is never an issue. The VG is unadulterated, so one can thin it to one's preference.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I've been grabbing a cheap liter of PG and/or VG from Essential Depot through Amazon for the last couple years, using Prime with free shipping. Quality has been good and consistent. We go through about 5000ml of approximately 50/50 liquid a year, so those quantities are handy and freshness is never an issue. The VG is unadulterated, so one can thin it to one's preference.
I like Essential Depot also and like to keep a few extra mls on hand.
Last time they sent me 4 PG instead of the 2P + 2V that I ordered.
They fixed my order by sending out the missing 2Gal of VG the next day. Outstanding customer service!
Hence the PG overabundance.

I keep a liter bottle and a 250ml bottle of each for pouring my DIY quantities.

12249726_1710654825832007_1112701829574138_n.jpg

12115470_1710654855832004_5549447946791751666_n.jpg

12289762_1710654885832001_6297671035722915234_n.jpg

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I've noticed subtle differences with vg. Some is cloudy, thicker and some is clear as water and runny. I think some vendors add % of dw to make vg more workable, which isn't a bad thing. I just wish they'd note it and how much when they do.
Sorry, of course there's viscosity differences and e.g. the USP spec itself allows up to 5% water in vg, although most have only max 0.5% and if more then absorbed through atmosphere + some dilute further especially with vg from vape shops, but also for other stuff like baking and other, but I only refered to taste differences, or rather the lack of imho, among undiluted USP/EP vg :)

Again, of course I cannot speak of all cases, just the 5 or so i've used, and the fact that glycerin is glycerin and USP/EP glycerin is very pure glycerol without any traces left of the original feedstock and practically only water in defering amounts as impurities... In the USP or EP I forget, maybe both, there's also both the regular glycerin with max 5% water and also a 86% glycerol version with the rest water...

And I agree for sure, the vendors/producers that dilute, should definitely mark there products as such and with how much specifically!

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

Wow !! That makes it a whole lot easier on the choice, I just wish that Nic buying was that easy. Like Mixing for dummies or something you know. Thanks mhertz.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Your welcome, mate! As you're from the states, then the no-brainer choice would be Essential Depot pg and vg, e.g. a gallon of each with free shipping at discount price which practically almost always is available. I've not tried it myself, but it gets glowing reviews and i've looked at the coas, which is spot on i.e. 99.84% glycerol USP grade palm based vg...

Btw, you and others, please call me Martin if you want :)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Your welcome, mate! As you're from the states, then the no-brainer choice would be Essential Depot pg and vg, e.g. a gallon of each with free shipping at discount price which practically almost always is available. I've not tried it myself, but it gets glowing reviews and i've looked at the coas, which is spot on i.e. 99.84% glycerol USP grade palm based vg...

Okie Dokie Martin (like I'll remember that 5 minutes from now :facepalm:) Thank You Very Much.

BTW, I'm Blake, Glad to meet you.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

It's not nic, but I'll throw this out there... Essential Depot has a 4 gallon pack called the glycube on sale for $39 plus shipping. It's all I use.

Vegetable Glycerin: Essential Depot

Shipping to here in FL is $18 (they charge actual shipping on these so price may vary) so for under $60 you can get 4 gallons in any combination of PG/VG.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's not nic, but I'll throw this out there... Essential Depot has a 4 gallon pack called the glycube on sale for $39 plus shipping. It's all I use.

Vegetable Glycerin: Essential Depot

Shipping to here in FL is $18 (they charge actual shipping on these so price may vary) so for under $60 you can get 4 gallons in any combination of PG/VG.
Yeah, that's a crazy good price. 4 gallons of PG/VG would last me about 7 years...

FWIW, I recently had occasion to open quarts of ED VG and PG that I got well over a year ago. They've been sitting on a shelf in my home office the whole time, with nothing special done to protect them. Neither my nose nor my pallet can detect any sign of degradation. In fact, both smelled cleaner than some of the PG and VG I've gotten from nic suppliers. Anyway, I'd been a skeptical about them due to the low price, but I'm not anymore.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just figured out that 1 Liter of 36mg/ml Nic in 100% PG and 1 Gallon of VG would last me just over 5 years, and 1 Gallon of PG would last me just over 7 years, all mixed at 5mg/ml and 50/50. You guys got me to break out my calculator on this stuff. Interesting.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Should have went 36mg for 2.00 more and got 10 times more nic. Its always worth it since you diy now.

Since we're on the subject.. My last order was from bulk apothecary and had no problems with the vg. Good price too, it was just on sale for 10.99/gal, but it ends tonight.

I think my favorite vg was rts though, nice thick vg from coconut/palm. The least watered down that I've had, I believe.

I wonder is the essentials is like rts.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Should have went 36mg for 2.00 more and got 10 times more nic. Its always worth it since you diy now.

Since we're on the subject.. My last order was from bulk apothecary and had no problems with the vg. Good price too, it was just on sale for 10.99/gal, but it ends tonight.

I think my favorite vg was rts though, nice thick vg from coconut/palm. The least watered down that I've had, I believe.

I wonder is the essentials is like rts.

I guess it will take a while to get used to thinking of the mixing possibilities, I have been buying pre-mix for so long.

Reactions: Dixie1954

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
The most usual is palm, either fruit or kernel or both, or soy or coconut, or a selection of many, but pretty much any veg. oil can be used, since they all have the EXACT SAME triglycerides with one glycerol particle attached to each, and many also change it up, since the price for the source-material can vary greatly between different crops at different times of year, ive heard from my own vendor, which is local to me, cheap in bulk, EP grade and used by many ejuice or pg/vg base-vendors here.

If you are e.g. soy intolerant, then you can use soy vg OK, as there's no soy in the end-product, so it's a matter of how much time/effort you use to hydrolize the water out of the vg that defines it's gravity/thickness + of course temperature and later storage...

I seriously recommend to taste your vg or pg directly when you get it, instead of just relying on vaping it for taste tests, which has many changeble variables in my opinion.

I just got a new batch home from another vendor than the previous, but have used before though, did a taste test directly and spot on no difference imho... And I know they are definitely not from same source, as one is locally made in denmark and the other in spain, but both, of course, EP grade...

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
The most usual is palm, either fruit or kernel or both, or soy or coconut, or a selection of many, but pretty much any veg. oil can be used, since they all have the EXACT SAME triglycerides with one glycerol particle attached to each, and many also change it up, since the price for the source-material can vary greatly between different crops at different times of year, ive heard from my own vendor, which is local to me, cheap in bulk, EP grade and used by many ejuice or pg/vg base-vendors here.

If you are e.g. soy intolerant, then you can use soy vg OK, as there's no soy in the end-product, so it's a matter of how much time/effort you use to hydrolize the water out of the vg that defines it's gravity/thickness + of course temperature and later storage...

I seriously recommend to taste your vg or pg directly when you get it, instead of just relying on vaping it for taste tests, which has many changeble variables in my opinion.

I just got a new batch home from another vendor than the previous, but have used before though, did a taste test directly and spot on no difference imho... And I know they are definitely not from same source, as one is locally made in denmark and the other in spain, but both, of course, EP grade...

Wow !! Thank you very much Martin. I didn't know ANY of that :thumb:. Looks like I will be doing taste tests and see what I get, though my taster is not that accurate, same with my sniffer. Unless the taste or smell is on the strong side (versus the subtle side) I just don't notice differences too well. That's why I said a few pages back on my MBV/RTS Taste test that they were the same to me. It wouldn't surprise me to see someone else do the same test and notice a difference, but me, No.
Right now I have that ECX juice I ordered in my Cthulhu V2 and just tok'in away (3mg/ml 50/50 Unflavored pre-mix). I've vaped about 1ml so far and all I can say at this point is the ECX is different from RTS. I've got to let the wick get broke in with more vaping before I can really tell If I like it better/same/or not at all. I need to mix up some 3mg/ml RTS and do my test (I've got some 4mg/ml mixed of RTS but want to do some 3mg/ml). Have a Good One ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread