Help - Nasty flavor of nicotine in my diy juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you try mixing a small sample batch of unflavored? as testing the pg and vg. will narrow the foul taste to the nic from that vendor for sure.

Yes; the culprit is definitely the RTS Vapes 100 mg/ml PG. I get the same nasty flavor when I make unflavored e-liquid with nic, and if I make a nic-free batch, the nasty flavor is gone.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Yes; the culprit is definitely the RTS Vapes 100 mg/ml PG. I get the same nasty flavor when I make unflavored e-liquid with nic, and if I make a nic-free batch, the nasty flavor is gone.

Nic adds that sweet natural pepper taste to my buds.

0 mg taste like tap water. 4 mg taste like tap water w/ a slight a hint of the sweet peppery taste. 8 mg has no more tap water under tones, only a medium sweet peppery taste. 12mg has a rich sweet peppery taste.

Flavorings can easily overpower the bland VG, PG and nic taste.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I'm making my own juices for the first time, and I bought my supplies from RTS Vapes:

• 100mg/ml PG (tested to be 103mg/ml, error tolerance of +/- 3mg/ml)
    • nic free PG
    • nic free VG

Also, tons of flavors from several vendors, mostly Capella and Mt Baker Vapor.

So, here's my problem. When I open the nic PG, if I take a careful whiff of it, there's a NASTY smell, that I assume must be the nic. The nic free PG and VG both have no odor at all.

That nasty smell--even when diluted into a vapable juice with a pungent flavor--still comes through, both in the odor and the taste.

I don't smell this in any of the pre-made juices I've bought, with one exception: I purchased several 10ml bottles of juice from fasttech, and a few of them--notably the litchi, kiwi, and guava flavors--had the same nasty taste/smell.

Any solutions out there that you've found? (har har har...)

There is Plenty of clean, clear, odorless nic out there- don't settle for less.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Are you sure?

"PHYSICAL STATE; APPEARANCE:
    OILY, COLOURLESS HYGROSCOPIC LIQUID , WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR. TURNS BROWN ON EXPOSURE TO AIR."

Erowid Nicotine Vault : Nicotine Material Safety Data Sheet 1

I'll admit to a mild Scent with all that I've bought, but nothing that would be considered an Odor. I just reopened a bottle (48mg/ml) from OneStopDIYShop which has been in a drawer for over a year and had a few drops in it and it is still mildly scented and surprisingly clear as glass.

I solely vape unflavored and anything remotely "bad" smelling comes thru rather easily, especially in a carto running for 3-5 wks.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm making my own juices for the first time, and I bought my supplies from RTS Vapes:

• 100mg/ml PG (tested to be 103mg/ml, error tolerance of +/- 3mg/ml)
    • nic free PG
    • nic free VG

Also, tons of flavors from several vendors, mostly Capella and Mt Baker Vapor.

So, here's my problem. When I open the nic PG, if I take a careful whiff of it, there's a NASTY smell, that I assume must be the nic. The nic free PG and VG both have no odor at all.

That nasty smell--even when diluted into a vapable juice with a pungent flavor--still comes through, both in the odor and the taste.

I don't smell this in any of the pre-made juices I've bought, with one exception: I purchased several 10ml bottles of juice from fasttech, and a few of them--notably the litchi, kiwi, and guava flavors--had the same nasty taste/smell.

Any solutions out there that you've found? (har har har...)

I have been buying nic from RTS for years and have never encountered a bad taste or smell in their nic. Matter of fact, they are the only vendor that I will buy nic from because most other vendors nic does have the strong taste/ odor.

Sorry for your bad experience but, the good news is that they have a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee on their nicotine. Just put a ticket in on their web site and they will replace it.

From their site-

Nicotine 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Flavorless Liquid Nicotine Satisfaction Guarantee

RTS Vapes flavorless nicotine liquid has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our flavorless nicotine liquid please submit a "Ticket" on our website and let us know if you want a 100% refund or replacement. This guarantee does not apply to other products such as concentrated food flavors whose likability are subjective. Order with confidence and check out our product reviews.

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 9, 2009
    I have been buying nic from RTS for years and have never encountered a bad taste or smell in their nic. Matter of fact, they are the only vendor that I will buy nic from because most other vendors nic does have the strong taste/ odor.

Sorry for your bad experience but, the good news is that they have a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee on their nicotine. Just put a ticket in on their web site and they will replace it.

From their site-

Nicotine 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Flavorless Liquid Nicotine Satisfaction Guarantee

RTS Vapes flavorless nicotine liquid has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our flavorless nicotine liquid please submit a "Ticket" on our website and let us know if you want a 100% refund or replacement. This guarantee does not apply to other products such as concentrated food flavors whose likability are subjective. Order with confidence and check out our product reviews.

Good idea.
    He has another brand in the mail.
    Maybe RTS can wait till he has a chance to compare.

Senraku

Jul 1, 2013
    Omaha
    I also picked up 100mg nic from RTSvapes. It's been 4 months, and the nic has turned tan in color, and smells peppery. I mix it at 10mg and usually I can't taste it or smell it at all.

My juices suck so bad though. The one thing I lack is patience. I didn't order enough bottles, so I vape bottles right after mixing with these terrible lorann flavors that I'm mixing probably way too strong. It sucks. Need to buckle down and have some patience

PaulaNG

Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    Largo, Florida, United States
    I also picked up 100mg nic from RTSvapes. It's been 4 months, and the nic has turned tan in color, and smells peppery. I mix it at 10mg and usually I can't taste it or smell it at all.

My juices suck so bad though. The one thing I lack is patience. I didn't order enough bottles, so I vape bottles right after mixing with these terrible lorann flavors that I'm mixing probably way too strong. It sucks. Need to buckle down and have some patience

personally I have found the Loranns is not a good mixer by itself, but is great with other flavors. For example my nic/pg/vg/ry4/loranns cherry

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread