Nicotine level question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaappaa

Apr 28, 2015
hey guys new member here, quit smoking cigarettes about a month ago, been using a vaporshark with a kangertech chamber, been great so far just curious to know how much nicotine im consuming compared to cigarettes

apparently cigarettes have 8 to 20 mg of nicotine, but only 1 mg gets absorbed by the body because the rest gets burnt up (googled). So lets say i buy some e-juice at 6mg/ml with a 30ml bottle, thats 180mg of nicotine in a bottle, if i vape 1 bottle weekly thats around 25mg per day. So the question is, with vaping do you absorb 100% of the nicotine because its not getting combusted, or only a small percentage like with cigarettes, because if all 25mg per day are getting absorbed, thats like having 25 cigarettes a day.. with only a 6mg e-juice bottle. Im assuming and hoping that like 50% of it gets absorbed because it is still heated to like 400F and also brands make up to like 36mg/ml e-juice which would be almost deadly if chain toked.

opinions pls

You absorb less of the nicotine when vaping. Significantly less in fact. Mt. Baker Vapor wrote it up in a nifty blog post: Nicotine Absorption when Vaping - Mt Baker Vapor

6mg is very low. If you're switching right from a pack a day, you're going to feel it if you go straight to 6mg. I did it and I almost didn't make it.

Reactions: Puff2K

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
I cannot directly answer your question, but I can tell you that I went from very high nicotine content, full-flavor American Spirits to 6mg nic in a SubTank Plus and quit the cigarettes cold turkey without any problem. The juice still gives me a nic-headrush, so I definitely feel like I'm getting plenty.

I'm on 0.5Ω (sub ohm), but keep my watts low for a cooler vape. Plenty of vapor, but I'm burning through about 8mL per day on this rig, semi-chainvaping all day.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
A lot depends on the setup you're using. Generally speaking, if you're using a cigalike, you're probably only absorbing 10 or 15% of the nic, if that; however, if you're using a second or third generation device, high wattage, sub-ohm, whatever, your vapor production skyrockets and you may be absorbing closer to 80-90%. Most vapers who use those kinds of setups switch to very low nic ejuices--from 24 and 18 mg/ml to 6 and 3 mg/ml.

It's not exact science, but listen to your body--if you begin to feel dizzy, nauseated, if you start sweating or your heart rate goes up--you're getting too much nicotine.

Always start low and only increase your nic level if absolutely necessary.

No, one carto is N O T equivalent to a pack of cigarettes | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread