NJOY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallot

Mar 9, 2008
The wikipedia article on Propylene Glycol states the following:

Wikipedia said:
Prolonged contact with propylene glycol is essentially non-irritating to the skin. Undiluted propylene glycol is minimally irritating to the eye, and can produce slight transient conjunctivitis (the eye recovers after the exposure is removed). Exposure to mists may cause eye irritation, as well as upper respiratory tract irritation.[7] Inhalation of the propylene glycol vapors appears to present no significant hazard in ordinary applications. However, limited human experience indicates that inhalation of propylene glycol mists could be irritating to some individuals. Therefore inhalation exposure to mists of these materials should be avoided.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I fear I might be one of those people whose lungs are irritated by this stuff. I'm beginning a "smoker's cough" the more I use e-smoking devices. And coughing is no longer confined to inhaling. It persists all day and into the night. I was off EVERYTHING for three miserable months -- with no cough at all.

fallot

Mar 9, 2008
That's actually odd then, as the article only mentions upper airway irritation. The substance is supposed to be safe besides that I believe; I doubt it would cause that characteristic smoker's cough that most of us are familiar with :cry:

Still, this is a concern that needs to be addressed. There must be some other agent that is less acutely irritating than PG, possibly Glycerine ?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Fallot: The kind of cough I had before quitting cigarettes was rarely the mucus-rattling lung version. It was a throat hack most of the time. Just a little cough eruption about every three minutes (listen for us in quiet theaters or lectures; we try to wait for applause to cover our noises and then cough like crazy into a closed hand!). I guess that would be "upper airway" irritation. When I started e-smoking, I thought the vapor hitting the back of my throat was causing a cough. Not sure now. Now it's very much like the throat hack I had from smoking cigarettes.

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
I know this is bouncing off the Njoy Review subject, but have any of you experienced a sore throat? I've had one for about 5 days now, its a minor sore throat but never the less its there. I should take a few days break from E-smoking and see if it clears up. After a few puffing sessions I catch myself clearing my throat alot. I'm sure all you smokers know the "clearing throat sound" you can also hear that from us smokers in restaurants, theatres, etc... as well.

travis

Mar 10, 2008
Detroit, MI - USA
My Njoy cigarette worked great for about the first two weeks - then I started having some trouble. It became very difficult to draw through, and was producing much less vapor. I checked the device carefully and could not find anything that was wrong with it - tried both batteries fully charged, replaced the nicotine cartridge, etc. It was almost as if something was restricting the air flow - and I would have to inhale really hard just to produce a small amount of vapor - it wasn't worth it.

So I emailed Njoy to ask them if there was something I could do to restore the performance. They weren't sure what the problem was - but said they would send me a replacement device at no charge. Sure enough, a few days later I had a brand new atomizer, and they even provided me with a postage-paid return envelope to send back the broken one. I have to say their customer service is top-notch, they really know how to work with their customers.

Hopefully this new atomizer will perform longer than the first one - because I really enjoy using it, and have cut my cigarette habit down by 75%.

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
Smokey_Joe:
You mentioned "vaping" your NJOY's. The main problem I'm having with it (and I did just receive it yesterday), is that I don't get enough vapor or the feeling of a good "nicotine hit" by hitting it like a regular ciggie. I have to sort of build up tiny puffs to the point where the end light flashes 10 times to get any kind of satisfaction at all.

I know you mentioned warranty issues, but can you please explain "vaping" as it may be my only option to keep e-smoking? I'd greatly appreciate this as a newbie to this whole e-cig experience!!

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi Cabot,

When I said "vaping" it was simply as an expression of using the e-cigarette - I didn't mean to imply any particular technique.

I use "vaping" to e-cigs and I do "smoking" to cigarettes so I am sorry for any confusion.

You may have read about "dripping" elsewhere on the forum - that is when you place a couple of drops of e-liquid (either bought separately or squeezed from the cartridge) straight onto the atomizer. This produces a much denser vapor but will invalidate any manufacturers warranty.

Hope this helps!

SJ

Perfectionist

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2008
London
cabotdavis said:
Smokey_Joe:
You mentioned "vaping" your NJOY's. The main problem I'm having with it (and I did just receive it yesterday), is that I don't get enough vapor or the feeling of a good "nicotine hit" by hitting it like a regular ciggie. I have to sort of build up tiny puffs to the point where the end light flashes 10 times to get any kind of satisfaction at all.

I know you mentioned warranty issues, but can you please explain "vaping" as it may be my only option to keep e-smoking? I'd greatly appreciate this as a newbie to this whole e-cig experience!!
Dude, e-smoking is something that takes time, and trial and error to get the most out of ! ;)

I have settled on the Njoy/Sedansa style e-cig ..... but bought a cheap knockoff version from ebay ! Personally, I'm not convinced that any of the "branded" versions are anything other than the exact same product made by the same manufacturers of every other e-cig ! :oops:

The best way to smoke an e-cig (imho!) is to take 2 or 3 short "sips" similar to smoking a pipe ..... this should get a little vape out of your mouth when you exhale ..... then take a nice long drag and listen to the atomizer crackling away and the barrel warming up ..... this gets me a nice nico-hit and plenty of vape every time ! :cool:

Is it as good as real cigarettes ..... nope ! :cry: But it is good enough to be an adequate alternative which you quickly get used to ! :)

What little e-cigs lack in overall enjoyment/experience ..... they amply make up for in health and appearance benefits, greater convenience, lower costs and far less criticism from Sheeple ! :lol:

Make sure you put in a freshly charged battery every morning and use the highest density of cartridge ..... and don't forget to wave Big Tobacco goodbye ! :mrgreen:

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Perfectionist, I wish there was a way of convincing you of the difference between brands - that's why I have analyzed them in great detail and made great effort to spell the differences out in my posts. All I can say is that they definitely do vary in quality.

I am glad that your cheaper version satisfies you, and am prepared to accept that maybe one does pay a premium for only a slight increase in quality - I'm prepared to do so in the knowledge that some of my money will be ploughed back into R&D, whereas that's unlikely with the "grey-tech" items so widely available.

Did you read my post on counterfeit brands - I'd love it if you responded there to my thoughts on the matter.

SJ

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
Everyone that may have read my posts/replys through out this forum know I've been spending some moolah on these ecigs. I'm currently just over $1000.00 usd in testing various brands and manufacturers of ecigs looking for "THE ONE" that seems to be reliable and has a good quality build to it.

I for one must say, that there is a difference in quality and performance between all the ones I've tested. So far, there is no such thing as the perfect e-cig. These devices are just to new in the market and have a ways to go. I still feel strongly when purchasing an ecig no matter where its from, its all luck of the draw. Just recieved a sample order (still have to pay for all sample orders) last friday. Pen-Style Ecig, built farely well. Worked great until mid saturday and then the atomizer quit working. When I say working great, I mean "easy to inhale, good vapor/consistency, nicotine hit and taste". I may have a defective one, who really knows. Getting in touch with the manufacturer to send out a replacement. Definately differences in all the different ecigs I've tested so far.

All my opinions on mini ecigs go both ways. Some are good, some are bad. You may recieve one and its great, then order another exact same kind and its bad. Example, I have 6 of the same exact kind. The difference on how they perform varies so greatly that I don't even know where to begin or end. So, when ordering one IMO, its all a gamble. Its fair for me to point out that with mini ecigs, the cartridges do not last as long compared to the pen style ecig carts.

I will say just from reading this forum there are better track records for companies and models. Njoy seems to have more positive than negative IMO compared to others that I have followed and read. Please keep in mind, everything written by me is just my honest opinion, observation, and experience. I'm in no way an expert or affiliated with any company, except the one I'm starting :D

Maybe i will find "THE ONE" one day. Anyone know Morpheus and where I can find him :ugeek: I'd ask the Oracle but she keeps wanting my ecig.

Cheers

Perfectionist

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2008
London
Smokey_Joe said:
Perfectionist, I wish there was a way of convincing you of the difference between brands - that's why I have analyzed them in great detail and made great effort to spell the differences out in my posts. All I can say is that they definitely do vary in quality.
Yes, you do seem to plug a couple of the big names quite a lot !! I'm beginning to think you are working for them on commission ..... is your name really Smokey nJoe !! :D

I am glad that your cheaper version satisfies you, and am prepared to accept that maybe one does pay a premium for only a slight increase in quality
There will always be a difference in quality in anything we buy ..... but when you consider how simple an e-cig is to make, there really isn't that many corners it's possible to cut ?!

No doubt the better made versions will cost more to produce ..... but by how much ?? I'd say no more than a 10% premium ..... so an item which goes for $20 wholesale would be priced at $22 for the best version ..... either way it's a long way off the usual selling prices for these which are over $100 by most "branded" retailers !!

I'm prepared to do so in the knowledge that some of my money will be ploughed back into R&D, whereas that's unlikely with the "grey-tech" items so widely available.
Wherever we spend our money, there is a likelihood that a portion will go back in to improving the product, whether it's genuine or copy ..... every manufacturer wants to keep their gravy train running !!

Did you read my post on counterfeit brands - I'd love it if you responded there to my thoughts on the matter.
Got a link to the post bro ?

strokemouth

Mar 26, 2008
Upstate NY
I have to chime in on the njoy as well. I've had mine for about a week and a half now and am extremely pleased with it. I've had pretty much the same experience as others have said here, but the part that I'm most impressed with is their support. I had an issue with getting a strange taste (I put a thread in the general section) and sent them an email. I had an answer the next day with suggestions as well as an offer to replace the atomizer if necessary. I'll always give my support to the company that stands behind their products, especially after reading stories of other people receiving batteries DOA that aren't covered, people getting no responses from other companies, etc.

You might be able to save a few bucks by going with a different brand, but I had no problems paying a little more for a product that we know performs well and also has the customer service to back it up. Big thumbs up.

iSTRONG

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2008
Bristol, UK
After reading review on this site, I ordered my NJOY from NJOYinternational.

I'm quite happy with it so far. My only problem is that i'm currently going through 3 cartridges per day.
I see to remember that the site said that 1 cartridges = 20 cigs. I used to smoke 20 malboro lights per day. Am I oversmoking? or have you guys found that you're going through more than you thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread