Not About Flavor, It's about Freshness

Status
Not open for further replies.

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
I want to see if you guys have had the same experience I have had with these flavos from really ALL the companies selling them. It is not quite about flavors, its about FRESHNESS of when the flavors are made. So when you think a flavor has "underwhelming" taste it is often because of how long it sat before it got to you. For example, I bought the largest bottle of Coca Cola juice from Puresmoker. It was from a fresh batch. I could see a decrease in flavor daily until by day ten or so the flavor was basically nuetral to none existant. Same happened with the China Cherry, same with China Strawberry. Occasionally, the liquid will be sent from a batch that sat around, which happened with my last purchase of clove, and it arrived to me very nearly flavorless. Same with Janty Apple. I want others to agree with this so we can have "born on" dates on the juices.

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
Not sure about shelf date. I am sure at some point they may lose flavor. But your saying 10 days. Not sure about this. Haven't had any liquid for long enough to tell. But most of the places we get liquid from, get it from overseas. So I am sure there is some sitting "not fresh" no matter where you get from. But all flavors have been pretty strong, and seem to stay that way, but again I haven't had many bottles not used alot of quickly.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Indeed don't rule out the tastebuds getting used to it (while I am not ruling out the possibility of the liquid losing flavor over time either, at this point).
I find myself, that change of flavor, throughout the day, keeps most if not all flavors much more discernable for me. While if I keep vaping the same flavor for hours on end, then I will barely be tasting anything of the flavor anymore unless it's a very very strong flavor, like ginseng - or a peppery flavor, several of those around (the flavor might get or seem less but the pepper keeps doing it's work, covering up the lesser flavor-sensation).

So to be sure the liquid itself is losing taste, I do think you would have to change flavors through-out the day... or maybe even look at the difference from one 'first-flavor-of-the-day' to the next 'first-flavor-of-the-day' (while comparing that way won't be easy of course...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread