Not-so-positive Experience with TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobVila

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
I've placed two orders with TW over the last ten days and have to say that I've been disappointed with them. I did the research and made my decisions carefully.

Order #1 -
A 510 starter kit, extra atomizers, blank carts, and juice.

My order arrived SUPER fast (ordered friday afternoon, had it Monday), so that was a major bonus in my book.

One battery was completely DOA. After an initial charge of ~10 hours, I plug it into the atty and *crickets* nothing... I plug it into three more attys hoping that I just have bum atomizers. Still nothing. Oh well, c'est la vie. I get in touch with TW and they ask me to send it back in.

The other battery, after its initial charge, works GREAT! I'm super happy about it, and go smoke-free for three days. The start of something great, right? On day four, the battery life declines... Now, after a full charge, I get about ten minutes of vaping before the battery is useless. YARGH!

Order # 2 -

So, I'm back on analogs, gutted about the experience, but I decide to order a 5-pack of a batteries (figure I'll need some spares anyway), some more juice (higher nic level), and a USB charger. I place my order, and hours later, there's a 20% off coupon for everything TW.

I jump on the the chat, ask if I can have the discount applied, given that my items haven't shipped yet. The chat operator says she can't do it, so I decide to cancel my order. I didn't think it was a huge accomodation to make, and their unwillingness to make it tells me to take the order somewhere else. I'm told to send an email to the ordering department address and do so.

A nice lady (witholding names) says my order's being packed, so it's too late to cancel, but after a talk with the manager, they'll refund the discount amount and send out the merch, as long as I send an e-mail to the manager.

I emailed the manager straight away, forwarding the previous conversations and asking for her to apply the discount. Five days have since passed, and I haven't received any response nor refund. Not even a simple acknowledgement.

I'm still geared up to make the switch from analogs to my PV, so I wait like a total nutter for my items to come in, thinking I'll charge the batteries two at a time - one with my wall charger and another with the usb charger, and I'll be back to vaping in no time.

I'm crushed AGAIN when I find that the juice and batteries are in the package, but not the USB charger. I've sent another email to the manager, and have received (shock of shocks) no response.

The whole thing seems atypical, given the raves about customer service and shipping I've read in this forum. I don't think I've been irritating or hostile at any point in the process, but it's been a big bag of disappointment so far.

I think I'll be combing the forum for other vendors to use in the future.

etip

Aug 7, 2009
SF Bay Area
  • Deleted by pillbox38

BobVila

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
Totally Wicked right? I have not gotten a call back from them in 4 days. I have left messages and still nothing. :(

Yessir. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Well, perhaps "glad" isn't the right word. Sucks that someone else is in the same boat. :-/

Looks like they're getting backed up over there. Hope they recover before the "bad press" gets out of hand.

By the way, moobyghost, I've been hooked on your vids for a while now (you were a major factor in my choosing a 510). Keep up the great work!

BobVila

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
There was a long thread here last week about complaints (and support) regarding TW's customer service, but it disappeared with no explananation. There are many strong supporters of TW but from what I gathered in that thread and others - it seems as if you DO have a problem with an order from them and have to deal with CS, that's where the trouble starts. I have placed a couple orders with them with no problems so far but I limit what and how much I spend there because of these concerns. Vendors I strongly recommend: e-Smokey Treats, Rocky Mountain Vapor. I am tentative regarding Nuvape as well. I have had a few good experiences there but others have had mixed results.

Thanks for the info and recommendations, etip. This isn't the first I've heard of e-Smokey Treats. Maybe I'll peruse their wares next time.

Moobyghost

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
New Church, Virginia
tgwtf.net
Yessir. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Well, perhaps "glad" isn't the right word. Sucks that someone else is in the same boat. :-/

Looks like they're getting backed up over there. Hope they recover before the "bad press" gets out of hand.

By the way, moobyghost, I've been hooked on your vids for a while now (you were a major factor in my choosing a 510). Keep up the great work!

Well Thank you sir. I just did two more if you want to give them a look see. The first was Apple Pie from Decadent Vapours, the Second (uploading now) Vanilla from Aroma E-Juice.

Please leave a comment in the thread to help bump 'em a bit. :p

etip

Aug 7, 2009
SF Bay Area
  • Deleted by pillbox38

BobVila

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
Well, the last LONG thread with complaints about them was REMOVED which really makes me wonder if we are getting a true picture.

Ahh, I see what you mean. It hadn't occurred to me when I read your first post. I'll admit that it seems like a nefarious thing to do (go marauding around deleting negative posts), so I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation there. I'd not be surprised in the least if the author had a gripe that was later resolved and removed the post out of good will.

The comments, both here and in the general forum, have been overwhelmingly positive. I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, especially considering most of this happened right before they issued a pretty aggressive sale. Perhaps they got a larger response than they had anticipated.

Anyway, I think it's healthy that reviews (positive or otherwise) remain visible, so I'll keep updating this with any news I get.

Magestorm

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
I will say that on the multipack batteries and attys, that they only guarantee them against DOA, not on lasting. It does make them cheaper, but if one dies after a couple of days, you might as well have bought a regular one since it's wasted.

Though so far, from TW, I have 3 batteries. 2 from the starter kit, and 1 mega, and they STILL keep going!

BobVila

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
I will say that on the multipack batteries and attys, that they only guarantee them against DOA, not on lasting. It does make them cheaper, but if one dies after a couple of days, you might as well have bought a regular one since it's wasted.

Though so far, from TW, I have 3 batteries. 2 from the starter kit, and 1 mega, and they STILL keep going!

Magestrom, the multipack attys work fine - it was the two batteries that came in my starter kit that didn't work :-/

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
no single individual can paint the true picture based on their own very limitedly experience of the e cig seller scene in general..

all they can do is paint their own very small part of the big picture.. TW has thousands of customers.. most get a (relatively) good experience a small number get a bad one..

e cig battereis for those who have real knowledge of the subject are not exactly the most reliable things on the planet..

people who do research into the e cig scene would know this.. it was said long long ago.. never just buy a single starter kit.. always buy some spares in at the same time..

okay.. it could be said this situation is far from ideal.. but its the situation we have at the moment.. perhaps the sellers are wrong for not making this "unreliability" factor clearer but if they did folks would buy from someone else who embellished the truth a little more....

if you really want to totally get off real cigs.. or in other words become dependant on e cigs.. do not under any circumstances expect to do it with one starter kit on its own..

this dosnt matter who you buy from or where you buy from.. if you only have just the one starter kit it will let you down.. allow for this and buy in some spare parts before it does..

TW with the their multi packs of cheaper parts are trying to be as honest as any seller can be.. the bottom line is e cigs do and will work but the initial start up cost is more than just one starter kit..

know the truth learn to cope with the truth.. dont expect more from an e cig than it can deliver.. and dont expect more from a seller than they can deliver..

none of them are perfect and nether is the product they sell..

trog

yoshimi

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Costa Rica
if you really want to totally get off real cigs.. or in other words become dependant on e cigs.. do not under any circumstances expect to do it with one starter kit on its own..

This is really easy to say with hindsight, however even when someone new spends a lot of time researching before they buy there is so much to take in it's not surprising people miss this.

Even those who understand it may think 2 battries and 2 attomisers and a weeks worth if carts are enough, especially when you don't want to spend a fortune on something you have never even seen someone doing, let alone knowing if you are going to like it.

Continually stating that people starting out should know this isn't helpful, because we are all trying to start out to the best of our means, and to be honnest there is so much to take in that thers is no single clear point of information on how to start vaping.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
It's a bit of a hobson's choice really....until you know vaping 'works' and can get you off of tobacco you don't want to spend very much money on it.

when they first came out they all cost around 200 dollars.. people have it easy now with cheap starter kits..

but there is too much information available to people.. and sadly most it is totally misleading.. e cigs will work for most folks who want to quit the tobbaco habit.. but the limitations of the things do need to be taken into account..

ruyan designed them for occasional use.. to be used where real smoking would not be socially aceptable.. in simple terms light occasional use not as full time heavy user tobbaco replacment devices..

when the facts are known it aint surprizing they wont live up to what some users expect of them..

trog

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I have ordered (8/13) and received (8/17) my first order: pack-of-5 801 attys - taking great advantage of the 20% off sale.

Had great response from their onsite Ms. Wicked chat regarding high/low bridge.

And, have just ordered another 2, pack-of-5 801 attys for my 'ban stock'.

No problems so far - but admittedly low risk orders

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread