Not-so-positive Experience with TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobVila

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
I've distanced myself a bit from the bad experiences I've had with them, and if I had to do it over again, here's what I've concluded:

Their juice is top-notch. I'll keep buying this from them, and since I've got such a big stock already, the wait and potential for disaster doesn't faze me much.

That said, I'd most certainly buy my hardware from someone else.

I've put together some DIY manual passthroughs from the dead batteries and now can say that I don't fear going back to analogs. Having it plugged in and knowing that it'll heat up when I press the button and I won't get surprised with dead battery after dead battery has relieved my apprehension in that regard, and that's really all I was after.

wrecktangle

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Maryland, USA
I've had some minor problems with my order, but they more than make up for it when I bring it to their attention. Lots of love for TW. Customer service is top-notch and will make sure you're happy.

Perhaps they need to keep the prices low permanently. I'm sure what they're losing in profit they're more than making up for in quantity. With their regular prices, they certainly are not the cheapest vendor, but with their customer service they're well worth doing business with.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Ahh, I see what you mean. It hadn't occurred to me when I read your first post. I'll admit that it seems like a nefarious thing to do (go marauding around deleting negative posts), so I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation there. I'd not be surprised in the least if the author had a gripe that was later resolved and removed the post out of good will.

The comments, both here and in the general forum, have been overwhelmingly positive. I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, especially considering most of this happened right before they issued a pretty aggressive sale. Perhaps they got a larger response than they had anticipated.

Anyway, I think it's healthy that reviews (positive or otherwise) remain visible, so I'll keep updating this with any news I get.

Interesting that the message from etip was also deleted... Good thing you quoted it or it would be gone... :confused:

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
After much research (I had bought an icig and although I love it, the batteries are just not dependable and I have since heard bad things about the product) I decided to go with TW and the Titan. Along with the Titan starter kit, I ordered the juice, 20 empty carts, an extra atty, the passthrough, and 2 extra batteries. I got all the accessories, but the starter kit I received was for the mini. Talk about bummed, but I called and spoke with Eric and he promised to get the right kit out to me. He explained they had new people working in shipping (I imagine business is booming) and overall I was pleased with the customer service. I have even ordered 2 more starter kits (for my brother in laws) and the mega batteries.

Bummer was that I had the stuff, but nothing to charge it with. I have been using the passthrough while waiting which chains me to the computer but hey, I am vaping!

Be patient with TW guys, I am sure they will come through for us... =)

Ok, I wrote that August 26th - as of today September 8th I have not gotten my replacement. So I am not feeling quite so patient, and I am not quite sure that they will be coming through for us! :nah:

Rolaur

Sep 2, 2009
Have to agree about shipping time and customer service. Although they are responsive to emails, I have two orders outstanding. One from 8/31 and one from 9/2. Notice of shipment of the second came last week but still don't have it and the first one still says paid. I emailed and asked only to find out that they were out of the batteries and carts so they held up the STARTER pack without letting me know.

Last week I emailed and was told "Yes your order has already been labeled this morning". I assumed (silly me) that means it's going out but only find out today about the holdup. As a starting point, I'm not real impressed. And I'm only a few miles from their warehouse.:evil:

etip

Aug 7, 2009
SF Bay Area
Interesting that the message from etip was also deleted... Good thing you quoted it or it would be gone... :confused:

ummm...good catch. I actually posted 3 times in this thread - including a VERY long post in response to Trog (you can see his response on page 3 - but again, my post has vanished).

WHY are my posts being deleted without explanation? Why are entire threads being deleted without explanation? I smell censorship.

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I too ordered 6x 5 packs of 801 atomizers. I ordered on a Tuesday I believe and had not confirmation of the order sent to me other than the paypal notification of being charged. I was looking to contact them about it but had no order number to reference. Lo and behold, they showed up on Friday of the same week.

Seems to me they are doing their best to get the mass of orders out the door and communication is falling short somewhat. I've also noticed these 801 atomizers don't work with one of my kissbox manual switches, but it does the other -which I found odd. Seems like the atomizer doesn't make complete contact with one of the switches. Thank goodness I have the other manual switch. They work fine with traditional 801 auto batteries as well. More of a variance with the kissbox manual switch than TW's issue but I've never had a problem with any other 801 atty and the kissbox.

They are low bridge atomziers too, which for most of us are much better functioning / wicking atomizers.

Last edited:

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I have no complaints about the product, but it was supposed to be sent out weeks ago and I still don't have it. More then likely, they were out of something and that is fine. But don't tell me you are sending it right out when you aren't. I called today and was told it had been sent out Thursday, Sept 3rd. Even with the holiday I would have thought it would be here today, but it isn't. Hopefully tomorrow...

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
It generally takes a good 7 days to receive an order from them to my home in Maryland. The US Postal service really sucks. Anyone I order from, it takes that long, so it's not just TW.

All three orders I have received from TW were in my hands in 4 business days. One of them was even here in 3 business days. I know, I know... the post office sucks. But after being lied to so many times I don't know if I can believe that it is actually on its way. Just really disappointed in how they have handled this. Plus, when I saw my brother in laws they went crazy for my 510. I had to tell them that I had ordered them starter kits too, but was still waiting to receive one of them. I did end up giving one of them theirs, but damn, I would have liked to have had us all vaping our own... so very disappointing!

etip

Aug 7, 2009
SF Bay Area
  • Deleted by pillbox38

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Re ETips posts, i will delete any posts he makes on this or any other of my sponsored threads.

Re the issues raised here, i am truly very sorry that my location in Florida seems to be not responding and shipping orders in as timely and correct a fashion as i and you expect..

I am now going to give these order issues my full attention, the volume of orders is very high and most of the staff are new, this is not an excuse and is still no reason for
1. Lack of accurate, timely and responsive replys to customer emails.
2. None contact of customers if the order cannot be fulfilled.

I am not there myself and we never have these problems in the UK, it is highly frustrating to say the least.

I propose to slow the site down till everything is caught up, and the staff understand the importance of keeping the customer fully informed.

The staff have an accurate stock control system built into the site and if used correctly and correct stock levels are inputted then we should never have orders we cannot fill.

Once again pls accept my apologies, message patti directly on sales@totallywicked-eliquid.com

Also copy me in on pillbox3840@yahoo.com

I can then insure i see exactly what my usa customers problems are and what my staffs responses to you and your issue is.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Re ETips posts, i will delete any posts he makes on this or any other of my sponsored threads.
And I will never order from TW.

From what I've seen of etip's posts that still exist, whether in other forums or quotes in this thread, it doesn't seem like he has any habit of bashing or being unreasonable. So it seems that you are just censoring him in some vindictive way, for no reason.

This censorship and the repeated statements here concerning the lack of customer service ensure that I will never purchase from TW. Two strikes you're out.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Pillbox - Thank you for trying to address the problems with your US location. Personally, if I had been told up front that they were out of stock and my replacement would be delayed I would have been disappointed but understanding. I really am not an unreasonable person. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect honesty. You have good products and if you can work out the bugs in your US store I am sure you will be highly successful here as well as in the UK.

If I ever actually receive my titan, I will probably order from you again. Your camel eliquid is awesome. ;)

I don't get the deleting posts things though, surely better to address these things head on instead of looking like you are trying to hide something. Granted, I haven't seen the things etip posted so I don't know what was said. Although I suppose the fact that you didn't delete my (negative) thread says something.

Bubo

ECF Veteran
Just to through my two cents in...

I called the Florida location when I first decided to start with eCigs - the help was fantastic and I went with their recommendations for a Titan and PCC (being new to this, I didn't get all the other stuff.. ie eJuice.. Dumb move on my part!)

Including my first order, all three have taken about a week to get to me. I could drive to their warehouse in 45 minutes - but I don't blame them - I blame the USPS. Everything arrived intact and as advertised (other than the 5 pack of batteries which has MP printed on them, which is distracting to say the least - but that's another thread).

Overall, I highly recommend them, and have aimed everyone who asks me "What the hell is that thing?!?" towards their website. With the addition of the 54mg eJuice, I plan on being a TW customer for quite some time....

Bubo

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Rolaur, thanks for letting me know. We generally get things out in good time and im 90% happy with the staff and there work. The 10% would be the icing on the cake and this is my goal for the Florida Site.

I know my staff are 100% committed, but from pattis bedroom in December 2008 to 7 staff and 150 orders a day now the growth has been astonishing, it can be difficult to manage effectively with every growth spurt comes fresh challenges.

An example when i put the 20% sale on within 18 hours of the email being sent we had over 300 orders, that was fantastic but its a huge amount to manage on a daily basis by a young company and new staff. Its harder because im not there to fully oversee its growth.

I can assure every customer that the people working in and with TW USA committ their hearts to my business and we are all frustrated that things got a little bumpy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread