Not open for further replies.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England

cheris

Jun 20, 2009
I am new to this forum and have only posted twice before this, both times positive. However, today I am not a happy camper. I ordered a 5 pack of 801 atomizers which I received today. I have always been happy with shipping, and haven't really had problems with the products from Totally Wicked. ( one of my super mini batteries was dead on arrival, but I had ordered a 5 pack backup and they all worked so I didn't worry about the one that came with the kit). However, in the 801 5 pack of atomizers, only 2 of the atomizers worked. yes, I know, they aren't refundable, but I felt that receiving a 5 pack in which 3 are dead, is a bit much! Unfortunately, I ordered a second 5 pack this morning before these arrived in the mail. Had I known the odds, I would not have placed this order. I did call, as I would try to at least hear from the company before posting on a forum to complain, but I didn't hear anymore than the fact that because of the "great deal" they can't do anything. That is just the way it goes. If 3 of the 5 worked I wouldn't be so upset, but I think that this should be known to members of the forum. These odds weren't good. I only hope my other order of 5 turns out better!

cheris

Jun 20, 2009
Thank you for replying to me. I really was hoping for a reply more than anything. I have always been happy with your company and service, I was just stunned when so many of the atomizers didn't work. I did ask the woman who answered my call at your number on the web site if you could check the atomizers on my newly ordered 5 pack, but she stated she couldn't. I am hoping that this is just a fluke? I have ordered a 5 pack of mini atomizers, mini batteries, titan batteries and titan atomizers before, and have never had a problem. I wouldn't have a problem if even one or two didn't work for that price. I was a bit stunned though that in this order 3 of 5 didn't work and wrote my note to the forum right after I had gotten off the phone from your service dept. I hate to complain, I was just quite surprised at what I got.

I sent this note along with my name to your link above.
Again, Thank you for your response.

Heed

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Dasein
At least you got the right atomisers -- I ordered a multipack for a 901 and got a multipack for the TECC 510.

While this might be an easy mistake to make it should also mean that it is uppermost in the mind to check that it hasn't been made. Someone really needs to impress on whoever is picking and packing the orders that they need to make sure they check against the order slip several times before shipping out -- particularly things like model numbers, flavours, strengths, etc.

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Cheris, the atomisers even though a lot of people think its not the case are exactly the same as the single ones we sell.

Its normally very unlikely any dont work straight out the box.

It creates a problem covering DOAS even though i might like to.

Anyone who has used a multi pack and has dead used atomisers, can buy a new multi pack, receive say they checked them 3 are DOA and we would need to swap, after costs the profit in the multis is truly limited.

On our retail guaranteed atomisers, i still run this risk but buyers usually contact us if one is dead we then swap.. Still open to abuse, but not as likely..Hence the MP on the multi atomisers and batteries.. We know if we receive one back its none warrantied.

Heed

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Dasein
Heed trust me im on it..

Fair enough. I'm sure you've got a lot going on, but those little things can sometimes get away from you and then bite you hard. The whole returns process for online retail is a headache for both parties, so keeping those instances to a minimum is good for everyone involved.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
Cheris, the atomisers even though a lot of people think its not the case are exactly the same as the single ones we sell.

Its normally very unlikely any dont work straight out the box.

It creates a problem covering DOAS even though i might like to.

Anyone who has used a multi pack and has dead used atomisers, can buy a new multi pack, receive say they checked them 3 are DOA and we would need to swap, after costs the profit in the multis is truly limited.

On our retail guaranteed atomisers, i still run this risk but buyers usually contact us if one is dead we then swap.. Still open to abuse, but not as likely..Hence the MP on the multi atomisers and batteries.. We know if we receive one back its none warrantied.

Thanks for the clarification on DOAs, but I received two DOA attys in a five pack today and I believe that UK distance selling regulations prohibit you from taking zero responsibility for faulty product. Multi pack or 'retail', or whatever, the product needs to be replaced if it is not fit for purpose out of the box.

Heed

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Dasein
Thanks for the clarification on DOAs, but I received two DOA attys in a five pack today and I believe that UK distance selling regulations prohibit you from taking zero responsibility for faulty product. Multi pack or 'retail', or whatever, the product needs to be replaced if it is not fit for purpose out of the box.

The Sale of Goods Act covers this as well:

Faulty goods
The consumer is protected under the regulations within the cooling off period. Once the period has expired, the Sale of Goods Act 1979 then protects the consumer. Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, the goods must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

If the goods are faulty, the consumer can ask either for a refund, or for the goods to be repaired or replaced at no cost to them, or for compensation.

Distance selling : an update since changes in April 2005

I think that says pretty much everything -- you can't just wash your hands of the matter when it comes to DOA atomisers -- regardless of being on special offer/multipack, etc. A DOA atomiser is one which is, by definition, not fit for purpose.

grott1

Oct 22, 2009
  • Deleted by pillbox38

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
I was all gungho to order a titan this friday, but after researching TW on this site, I am not sure I am going to. There seems to be a lot of censorship from TW, and not just on this thread. Also, I don't understand how you could sell something to someone, then refuse to replace it when it doesn't work right out the box. Those are pretty risky business practices. I have heard excellent things about the juice, but other products and customer service seem to be lacking other than the replys I have seen on the forum itself. Customer Service is what I DO. 15 years listening to customers complain, make up stories for refunds, give false information, etc....customer service is something I take VERY seriously and TW it seems like theres a lot of customers not very happy.

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
angjen>> You are correct and also incorrect. We have had some issues in the USA and i have my Main Uk Admin lady over there now for 3 months tightening up our customer support, order processing and other needed improvements.

You make an error in assuming every visitor to my business is un happy. They are not, maybe you might like to place an order and see how we do.. I suspect very well. It does grate a little when posters make sweeping statements based on little evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread